Sabres vs. Sens and Refs...

TPS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be Canadian officials tonight... 0:)

686734[/snapback]

Yeah, and of course ESPN plays that hit on Connolly about 6 times and Melrose says he think it was a clean hit and that Connolly was going down and that's why he got hit in the face.

Bunch of Bullsheit! That was intentional. That guy needs his block knocked off.

What a sham. Try to give The Sens the game. And nothing called on the big goon.

I can't stand this team. I despise Murray for  the head hunting on Connolly.

686769[/snapback]

Thing I love about this team is that they are rarely thrown off their game by that crap. As evidenced by their scoring the first goal anyway.

I love the passion folks but Connelly got what he deserved. He turned into the middle with the puck at speed and got decked. Clean hit, and TC had his knees bent, putting himself even further in harm's way. Bet he never does that again. Saying anything else is like saying Campbell's hit wasn't clean.

Still, the officiating did suck.

Saying anything else is like saying Campbell's hit wasn't clean.

686901[/snapback]

I agree. What made the Campbell hit so nasty was not the intent of the hit, but the fact that Umgardner (sp?) had his head down, going through the neutural zone, with the puck. From the replay I saw of the Connolly hit, it was very similar. Connolly has to be more aware than that!

Still though, a little good old fashioned hatred always makes the NHL playoffs even that much more exciting! I love to promote hatred! :angry:

I love the passion folks but Connelly got what he deserved.  He turned into the middle with the puck at speed and got decked.  Clean hit, and TC had his knees bent, putting himself even further in harm's way.  Bet he never does that again.  Saying anything else is like saying Campbell's hit wasn't clean.

686901[/snapback]

Thanks Darin, for a second there I thought my browser somehow magically transported me to the FlyerPhan's message board. Quit your bitchin' kids it's a violent sport, that's why we love it.

I love the passion folks but Connelly got what he deserved.  He turned into the middle with the puck at speed and got decked.  Clean hit, and TC had his knees bent, putting himself even further in harm's way.  Bet he never does that again.  Saying anything else is like saying Campbell's hit wasn't clean.

686901[/snapback]

I don't agree. Campbell did not drive his arm/elbow into the head. The Senator went directly for Connelly's head.

I concur, the Sens were getting away with a lot of head hunting last night and the refs made no call. However at a crucial point i the game the ref makes a chippy call about intentionally sending the puck over the glass. I told my wife, "Just give them the goal and lets move on"

Miller is a freakin octopus. The team should buy him flowers and take him to a dinner and a movie.

I don't agree.  Campbell did not drive his arm/elbow into the head.  The Senator went directly for Connelly's head.

686973[/snapback]

Because Connelly's head happened to be right at where his elbow is (which happened because TC had to bend his knees deep to make such a sharp cut). Dude didn't raise his arm to hit him. His arm came up after the force of the hit dissapated - just like Campbell's did, which caused typical Philly fan to B word like a school girl.

Try switching the jerseys. It's hockey and you're doing nothing but whining. The byproduct of this kind of complaint is the NHL removing even more of the physical play from this great game. A word to the wise.

The only difference in the Umberger hit and the Connelly hit was that Umberger palys for the Flyers.

Sorry folks the hit was clean, sucked, but was clean.

But 7 power Plays v. 2 Kinda tough for the NHL when the Comish sits with the Prime Minister and is surrounded by the RCMP.

Let's see how it's called in Buffalo.

A forearm to the head is considered a clean hit?  I didn't know that was legal.  Thanks for the expert advice.

687007[/snapback]

You apparently don't watch a lot of hockey. If this hit was the other way around you'd be saying how clean it was. :angry:

Great effort by Miller. This kids amazing...

Hockey 101...NEVER EVER EVER EVER cut BACK into the middle of the ice near the blue line...8/10 some drooling neanderthal D-man will be lining your ass up...I should know that slobbering D-man was me back in the day.. :lol:1 1989-1993 seasons..lol

No he isn't.  He's weak.  Just ask Joe.

687027[/snapback]

:angry:

His GAA wasn't stellar this year. I'll give him his props, though, with the exception of games 3 and 4 in the first round and came one of this series, he's looked servicable.