Sabres vs. Sens and Refs...

TPS

So get this.  I'm on my way to Charleston for vacation manana and..  I'm pretty sure I'll see NO games while i'm there.  So I had to, yes had to delete the Miami home game,  Cinncy away game and Kill Bill 1 and 2 from my TIVO to make room for games 4,5,6 and 7.  I'm not sure that all of those games will even be played (knock on wood) but it's set just in case.

687711[/snapback]

It's always good to have a backup plan, just in case...so I understand wanting to TIVO the games. But you're going to Charlotte, not China. There HAS to be a place with the game...no?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always good to have a backup plan, just in case...so I understand wanting to TIVO the games.  But you're going to Charlotte, not China.  There HAS to be a place with the game...no?

687803[/snapback]

We shall see. Never been there. Can't wait!

BUT BUT BUT his GAA isn't even top 10!  He barely scratches the top 10 with his save %age man!  Don't muddle things with game play, look at the stats!

687693[/snapback]

:lol:

Now you're starting to piss me off.

What more do I have to say...when the guy's performed well, i've given him his props.

The reason that the team was able to have a 3.37 scoring average is directly attributed to the goaltending.  We were able to take alot more chances in the offensive zone (forechecking two deep and the third lower than normal) and our forwards were better able to counterattack from our zone because they had the confidence that Miller would handle his job (Biron did too but we definitely played a bit more reserved when he was in net).

Miller has been spectacular most of the season.  His lows were attributable to poor positional defense (and fuggin' Rory Fitzpatrick) and perhaps that Lindy stayed with him a bit too much.  I've watched virtually every Sabres game this season (the only exception was the non-televised anywhere Atlanta game) and Miller has rarely been the reason we've lost games.

687583[/snapback]

Good post and I agree with your assessment AD.

For whatever reason this team runs odd man rushes as well as any team in my recent memory.  In this series it's as much because of Emery as anything, I'd say.  Briere absolutely wasted him on the first goal last night - dude ended up on his face with his hips facing the rafters.  He honestly couldn't have played that any worse and proven to me he'd ever had skates on before.

Briere's the master of the last-second pass; he fried Esche twice with that in game 5.

Agree about Emery in game 2, although Chara wasn't much help on the Dumont goal, either. But when Hecht stormed in on the breakaway, you just KNEW the puck was going to end up in the back of the net...

I concur, the Sens were getting away with a lot of head hunting last night and the refs made no call.  However at a crucial point i the game the ref makes a chippy call about intentionally sending the puck over the glass.  I told my wife, "Just give them the goal and lets move on" 

Miller is a freakin octopus.  The team should buy him flowers and take him to a dinner and a movie.

686993[/snapback]

I am going through this thread late... Sorry... I have to disagree here... It ISN'T a chippy call, the new rules dictate that you MUST give the team a delay of game penalty no matter what... If he clears it out of play... Even unintentional... GOOD call by the refs.

Yeah, it was the correct call.

And MAYBE I'll get an answer to my post (#46) tomorrow as well. :)

688854[/snapback]

You actually counted??? :doh::lol: Or did you know that every page has 19 posts on it? :lol::lol:

And my answer: (From the Notes Section)

Notes: Senators G Dominik Hasek practiced Wednesday morning, suggesting he could be ready to return after hurting his groin during the Olympics in February. ... Sabres C Jiri Novotny made his NHL playoff debut filling in for Connolly. D Rory Fitzpatrick replaced Kalinin, making his second appearance this postseason. ... Senators D Anton Volchenkov, hurt during a collision with Buffalo's Paul Gaustad in Game 2, did not play and was replaced by Christoph Schubert. ... Sabres rookie LW Thomas Vanek was a healthy scratch for the second straight game after struggling defensively in Game 1. ... Chicago scored the first goal in 11 consecutive playoff games in 1973 to set the NHL mark.

Not sure how TC is doing?

You actually counted??? :doh:  :lol:  Or did you know that every page has 19 posts on it?  :lol:  :lol:

And my answer: (From the Notes Section)

Notes: Senators G Dominik Hasek practiced Wednesday morning, suggesting he could be ready to return after hurting his groin during the Olympics in February. ... Sabres C Jiri Novotny made his NHL playoff debut filling in for Connolly. D Rory Fitzpatrick replaced Kalinin, making his second appearance this postseason. ... Senators D Anton Volchenkov, hurt during a collision with Buffalo's Paul Gaustad in Game 2, did not play and was replaced by Christoph Schubert. ... Sabres rookie LW Thomas Vanek was a healthy scratch for the second straight game after struggling defensively in Game 1. ... Chicago scored the first goal in 11 consecutive playoff games in 1973 to set the NHL mark.

Not sure how TC is doing?

688862[/snapback]

Or maybe he know because each post is numbered. :)