Official Sabres-Sens Game 2 Thread

Barry Melrose was his typical self...thinks Ottawa can take it if they keep pounding the Sabres they way they did tonight.

How on earth did they win this one? Never mind, I keep asking myself that after every game...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Melrose was his typical self...thinks Ottawa can take it if they keep pounding the Sabres they way they did tonight.

How on earth did they win this one? Never mind, I keep asking myself that after every game...

686883[/snapback]

I've asked before and have always gotten a hyper-technical answer. Something about putting a small black cylindroid into the opponent's net more times than they put same cylindroid in yours....

Huge penalty. It could change the complexion of the game, but it will likely stop the Sens from setting the tone of the third period early. Miller has been terrific. I really thought the Sens were going to dominate us this game but they really haven't.

686829[/snapback]

Honestly Mike Schopp made me feel a lot better going into this game. For how amazing Game 1 was coming from behind 5 times on the road, they really got zero credit for it even though Ottawa did make their share of mistakes. I thought they'd be angry. Also Ruff's teams have a history of not mailing it in after winning the 1st game on the road - Philly in '01, Ottawa in '99, even Dallas in '99 even though they didn't win the game. Anyway, looked like we stole another one but take it and move on; the series isn't over, I've seen the road team win the first 4 games of a series too many times in hockey.

I just have to say:

Holy Motherfu#king S#it!

We've been outplayed two games in a row and go home up 2-0. Miller was a stud today, that's for sure.

And, as most of you are wise enough to know...this is far from over. The Wed-Thu home games don't help us any, that's for sure. Probably see Biron one of those nights.

Thank yoou Sabres! Now, get back to work!

I had to work, so I set my VCR to tape the game....about two minutes in, apparently, my cable went out, just about 2hrs and 10 minutes of blackness, then it comes back on with about 12:30 left in the third period. I am so pissed! The fact that the Sabres won, 2-1 makes it a little easier. Just the last 12 minutes, it looked like no Sabres hockey I have seen all season, just gliding the puck down the ice, back into Ottawas' zone. Pretty sweet...

I have been flipping around between ESPN News and OLN, for their commentary. Barry Melrose it seems, is not impressed by the Sabres. He just went on and on about how marvelous Ottawa played tonight, gave all the credit to Miller for the win, and seems to feel the Sabres can't play that kind of hockey for two more wins. He didn't come out and say it, but it sure sounded like Melrose was implying that Ottawa was going to come back and win the series...I guess stranger things have happened. But, I think people aren't giving Buffalo enough credit. To hear most of the analysts talk, you would think Buffalo just managed to squeak into the playoffs.

Personally, the little I saw of this game, it kind of reminded me a little of the 1999 playoffs. Every puck, before the finals, seemed to bounce right where Buffalo wanted it to bounce. It happens in every sport, some teams seem to just be lucky at the right time. Hockey is a little more flukey than your average sport.

The Sabres looked to play some great defense tonight (that's defence for you Canadians!), but I can't even fathom how they got outshot that badly...anyone? What was the powerplay situation like? Anyone know the status of Connolly and Gaustad?

God, I hope Connolly doesn't miss a lot of time, the guy has been a joy to watch. Brian Engblom said the other night (and I was thinking the same thing, but was afraid of being chastised for it!) that Connolly was playing like Gilbert Perrault in his prime...his stick work has been unbelievable....can't wait for Wednesday!

Great win for the Sabres. I'm real lucky that I still have my internet on here(graduated from college Saturday, in the process of moving out) and was able to watch the game on comcast. The bar that I watch all the Bills games and Sabres games (that aren't on tv) at was closed for a couple days and I was real scared for a few minutes that I wouldn't be able to see the game.

I'm heading home Wednesday and I'm DYING to get to the game Thursday. I start work in a couple weeks and will be gone the entire summer working every day, so I gotta get to a game while I'm home for a week or two. I might grab some off stubhub or ebay or just try and scalp some, but if anyone has some they're looking to sell let me know; I'd be very interested. GO SABRES!!

Melrose is right.  This series is over when one team wins 4 games.  It's great that we won 2 and they've been on the road but that doesn't get you anything but three chances at home to win the last 2.  Game 3 is key.

686893[/snapback]

but but.... i hate melrose :angry:

Screw drinking and eating fatty foods...hockey playoff games like last nights are what really take years off my life.

I dont want to whine about the penalties, but there were some really terrible calls. I now know you can dive around a player and they will get called for tripping.

damn BW3's, we missed the first goal, because they felt the need to boot a dozen of us off the big screen with sound for the 3 heat fans wanting to watch the nba.