Am I the only one who thinks this draft...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravin Seattle's always hatin on the white man. No surprise he doesn't like the Kyle Williams pick. We've had the same debates on Schobel and company. Just because a DL is white doesn't mean he sucks.

Our own RRich on Kyle Williams-

Kyle Williams, DT, LSU

Kyle was a handful for the Noth OL. He pushed the pocket fairly well , especially late in the game, when he seemed to wear out their OL a bit. One of the things I keep hearing about him is that he can be dominated by bigger linemen. That certainly didn't happen much in yesterday's game.

There is an overwhelming probability that others share your view, however, seeing your mock and the fact it contained TWO WR's is telling....very very telling.  No disrespect, but that speaks louder than your 'hatred' of SOME of the picks.  You wanted two wr's and in your post you wanted a TE.  A quick view of the pre-draft roster suggests that would have been the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST thing to do.

Bunkley has a high probability to be a one-hit wonder.  I would have hated that pick.  McCargo will be a better pick over the longer span.

Again, I am only repeating back your tenor using an antithetical view of the draft.  I think Marv hit a homerun with ALL of the picks; Butler included.

680527[/snapback]

Old mock. Haven't posted in awhile.

Bravin Seattle's always hatin on the white man. No surprise he doesn't like the Kyle Williams pick. We've had the same debates on Schobel and company. Just because a DL is white doesn't mean he sucks.

680630[/snapback]

Not a fan of McCargo or Williams because of their size. Williams because of his lack of athleticism. McCargo is still African-American I think.

He lost me a couple of years ago at "Social Security is the most successful government program in history..."  :lol:

680617[/snapback]

By the way, how's that whole privatization thing going for ya? That really caught fire -- its the domestic policy equivelant of the betamax. Nice work.

Have you actually SEEN this guy?  He's a big fat guy that plays too upright and stiff and will probably be one of those career weight problem guys.

680582[/snapback]

Didn't they say the same thing about Derrick dockery? Pretty sure they did.

Jilles isn't going to be anything but a great player in this league.

Rd 01 -- OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson (Virginia)- no chance to select him at pick 8

Rd 02 -- DT Gabe Watson (Michigan)- went in 4th round, lasted until pick 105.  Would of been a gigantic reach

Rd 03 -- OG Charles Spencer (Pittsburgh)-already off the board by our 3rd round pick

Rd 03 -- CB Cedric Griffin (Texas)-went in second round- dream on

Rd 04 -- MLB Abdul Hodge (Iowa)-went in third round- dream some more

Rd 04 -- WR Travis Wilson (OU)-went in third round, keep dreaming

Rd 05 -- SLB Stanley McClover (Auburn)-lasted until 29th pick in the 7th round- huge reach

Rd 06 -- WR Devin Aromashadu (Auburn)-lasted until 25th pick 7th round

Rd 07 -- FB Garrett Mills (Tulsa)-went in 4th round

Unrealistic expectations

680552[/snapback]

Three month old sig line. All before workouts.

By the way, how's that whole privatization thing going for ya?  That really caught fire -- its the domestic policy equivelant of the betamax.  Nice work.

680768[/snapback]

Popular doesn't equal right. Social security is dying anyway. Either there will be severe benefit cuts or high tax increases. Or, America will start producing six kids per family again....

McCargo is a better DT than Bunkley?  What do you base that on, chronic?

680773[/snapback]

Right back at ya. Give me your font of wisdom that says one guy is "better" than the other?

Gabe Watson at #2 tells me all I need to know about your evaluation skills, however.

680630[/snapback]

Well, unless their OUR white DL...

:lol:

He lost me a couple of years ago at "Social Security is the most successful government program in history..."  :P

680617[/snapback]

Hey, it is not going to go bankrupt as quickly as Medicare. That has to say something. :lol:

Let's compare the 3 Defensive Tackle shall we. In order...

Rating: (This is the way they were drafted, and the way they were projected by many)

1. Ngata

2. Bunkley

3. McCargo

Higher haracter: (Obviously this is opinion)

1. McCargo

2. Ngata

3. Bunkley

Who will more likely NOT take plays off? (Based on playing time in the past)

1. McCargo

2. Bunkley

3. Ngata

Who fit's the Bills system best?

1. Bunkley

2. McCargo

3. Ngata

Averaging these four categories. McCargo wins with a 1.75. Bunkley 2nd with a 2.00. Ngata third with a 2.25.

Now, I'm sure that the Bills had the three ranked 1. Bunkley, 2. McCargo, 3. Ngata. But McCargo may just fit us better and have greater value for where he was picked. No way does Ngata or Bunkley drop to a position where we can pick them after Whitner, and no way does Whitner drop to where we can snag Bunkley/Ngata and Whitner as well.

Here's a worse draft... one that some might love!

1- Matt Leinart

2- Ashton Youboty (probably where he would be expected to go)

3- Gabe Watson

all the other picks the same

We would not have addressed the most important need. The safety position. And also we would have 4 good quarterbacks (3 of which would feel slighted). I also see Leinart as a cocky punk with an average arm... and he would hate Buffalo.