Am I the only one who thinks this draft...

I get why we may have passed on Ngata (Previous knee injury) but I can't see us passing on Bunkley and then wasting a pick to trade up for an inferior McCargo.

Why not Ngata (Or Bunkley) at that pick and if you trade up you go and get C Mangold or TE Lewis or even OT Justice?

Any combination of those two is far superior than Whitner/McCargo in my opinion at least.

I love the the Youboty pick and can't believe he fell to the 3rd. Its the other 3rd rounder that just kills me. OG Max Jean-Jilles is there (He falls into the 4th) and we don't take him???

I LOVE the FS Ko Simpson pick but HATE the Kyle Williams pick. HATE.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I get why we may have passed on Ngata (Previous knee injury) but I can't see us passing on Bunkley and then wasting a pick to trade up for an inferior McCargo.

Why not Ngata (Or Bunkley) at that pick and if you trade up you go and get C Mangold or TE Lewis or even OT Justice?

Any combination of those two is far superior than Whitner/McCargo in my opinion at least.

I love the the Youboty pick and can't believe he fell to the 3rd.  Its the other 3rd rounder that just kills me.  OG Max Jean-Jilles is there (He falls into the 4th) and we don't take him???

I LOVE the FS Ko Simpson pick but HATE the Kyle Williams pick.  HATE.

680516[/snapback]

I'm not sure that they would be far superior than Whitner/McCargo. The two we drafted fit perfectly into both the style of defense and the character of the team Marv is trying to build.

Bunkley had some questions about injury issues as well, where McCargo (to the best of my knowledge) didn't.

There is an overwhelming probability that others share your view, however, seeing your mock and the fact it contained TWO WR's is telling....very very telling. No disrespect, but that speaks louder than your 'hatred' of SOME of the picks. You wanted two wr's and in your post you wanted a TE. A quick view of the pre-draft roster suggests that would have been the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST thing to do.

Bunkley has a high probability to be a one-hit wonder. I would have hated that pick. McCargo will be a better pick over the longer span.

Again, I am only repeating back your tenor using an antithetical view of the draft. I think Marv hit a homerun with ALL of the picks; Butler included.

I love the the Youboty pick and can't believe he fell to the 3rd.  Its the other 3rd rounder that just kills me.  OG Max Jean-Jilles is there (He falls into the 4th) and we don't take him???

680516[/snapback]

680516[/snapback]

How can you hate the Kyle Williams pick? I LOVE the pick! LOVE! Does it have to do with the fact that hes a "highmotor overachiever"? I suppose we could of picked some lazy fat ass underachiever such as Gabe Watson. Now that I have done my DD I thing we did quite well on draft day.

Ngata is a fat slob I wouldnt have taken him over whitner even if we were to trade down. Bunkley is the guy I wanted but Im happy with McCargo who fits our defense just as well, and isnt a big of an injury risk as Bunkley. Both will end up better pros that Ngata. Justice has past character issues theres a reason he fell as far as he did. In retrospect taking him at 8 would've been dumb. I would've prefered trading down if whitner was the guy however it's not as easy as goin "Ok lets trade down" maybe they didnt like what they were being offered. Its easy to say pick this guy or that guy but you just dont know. I'll wait to see them play before I start to judge the draft.

How can you hate the Kyle Williams pick?  I LOVE the pick!  LOVE!  Does it have to do with the fact that hes a  "highmotor overachiever"?  I suppose we could of picked some lazy fat ass underachiever such as Gabe Watson.  Now that I have done my DD I thing we did quite well on draft day.

680529[/snapback]

The funny thing about his post is he criticizes the draft, then BOOM, there's his mock draft in big bold print! :doh::P

Watson in the second?

i would trust jaroun when it comes to drafting defense. all of our 2nd day picks on defense easily had 1st day ability and should have been picked somewhere around the first day, even ellison. its a very old saying but when the giants defense worked the bills or when the pats secondary punished the rams recievers or remember the ravens and bucs defenses? all those teams had great defenses and defense isnt flashy but it wins superbowls, hell the colts still havent won anything yet except for regular season hype!! this draft reminds me of when the 49ers took all those db's in the 84 draft including ronnie lott!! i would like to think that whitner, youboty, and simpson will start and be very good football players for years to come!

Well I also wonder how we were supposed to get Fergeson in the first with the 8th pick? Did we trade up? I don't notice any other picks missing that we gave up to get him. To move up that high we would have to have given up alot, likely 1st, 2nd and one of the 3rds.

Or maybe he was figuring on trading the Jets or Tenn 1st for our 8th overall and Benny Anderson. That would have done it!

How can you hate the Kyle Williams pick?  I LOVE the pick!  LOVE!  Does it have to do with the fact that hes a  "highmotor overachiever"?  I suppose we could of picked some lazy fat ass underachiever such as Gabe Watson.  Now that I have done my DD I thing we did quite well on draft day.

680529[/snapback]

Exactly...And in actuality KW is MUCH more than just an over-achiever...He's a heck of a good Football Player who does not take a Down off...He may not pass the "Runway" Test some are looking for, but he's the type of Player Teams Need to win Championships... :doh:

680516[/snapback]

And you base this assesment on what? Your hours of film study? Interviews with the players? Time in the men's room on each campus?

680529[/snapback]

I totally agree.....Maybe you hate the guy in the second round, but the fifth?? Sounds like a pretty damn good 5th round pick to me. I know this was a deep draft, but come on....if this guy can produce, we got a steal.

Well I also wonder how we were supposed to get Fergeson in the first with the 8th pick?  Did we trade up? I don't notice any other picks missing that we gave up to get him. To move up that high we would have to have given up alot, likely 1st, 2nd and one of the 3rds. 

Or maybe he was figuring on trading the Jets or Tenn  1st for our 8th overall and Benny Anderson.  That would have done it!

680541[/snapback]

Rd 01 -- OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson (Virginia)- no chance to select him at pick 8

Rd 02 -- DT Gabe Watson (Michigan)- went in 4th round, lasted until pick 105. Would of been a gigantic reach

Rd 03 -- OG Charles Spencer (Pittsburgh)-already off the board by our 3rd round pick

Rd 03 -- CB Cedric Griffin (Texas)-went in second round- dream on

Rd 04 -- MLB Abdul Hodge (Iowa)-went in third round- dream some more

Rd 04 -- WR Travis Wilson (OU)-went in third round, keep dreaming

Rd 05 -- SLB Stanley McClover (Auburn)-lasted until 29th pick in the 7th round- huge reach

Rd 06 -- WR Devin Aromashadu (Auburn)-lasted until 25th pick 7th round

Rd 07 -- FB Garrett Mills (Tulsa)-went in 4th round

Unrealistic expectations

Exactly...And in actuality KW is MUCH more than just an over-achiever...He's a heck of a good Football Player who does not take a Down off...He may not pass the "Runway" Test some are looking for, but he's the type of Player Teams Need to win Championships... :doh:

680545[/snapback]

I keep posting this but I love it. I read a description of Kyles game as a "rolling ball of butcher knives"! Wow!

Not to mention he fills a need- one gap

Kyle Williams

DT, LSU

War Room analysis

Strengths: Always hustles to the whistle. Plays with almost perfect technique. Stays low, keeps hands inside and constantly drives legs. Shows good lateral movement, and is effective at running line stunts. Makes plays in pursuit. Is tough, and maximizes skills.

Weaknesses: Isn't a natural athlete. Must get stronger. Struggles to penetrate against bigger opponents. Has a squatty frame and short arms, making it difficult to separate from taller blockers. Lacks ideal agility and change-of-direction skills. Lacks the size to be a two-gap interior lineman.

Bottom line: Williams was an elite college defensive tackle, but his NFL potential is limited because of his lacking size, speed and agility. He was a star during Senior Bowl workouts and fits best in a one-gap scheme. His pre-draft workouts maintained his stock, and he likely will be an early-Round 4 selection.

Dan Pompei analysis

Is a scrappy overachiever with great awareness. Sniffs out reverses and screens. Is decisive and instinctive. Disengages well. Has some pass-rush skills with quickness and power. Holds up against double teams. Gives second effort. Is more of a football player than a fluid athlete. Works best in a one-gap scheme. Doesn't offer much speed. Is short-armed.

No. 8 on Pompei's DT rankings

Correspondent Analysis

Williams is technically sound with good lateral movement, toughness and the desire to contribute in a one-gap scheme. --Allen Wilson

I spoke to a co-worker, South Carolina die-hard season ticket holder. If some of you are unaware, South Carolina and Clemson fans are diehards like Bills fans. No matter how bad the team is - they fill the stadium. Anyways he said Koi was a solid pickup for the Bills. Loved his style at USC and said he was a very smart safety. This guy just went to the annual spring Gamecock football game, he knows ever detail about his beloved COCKS!

OG Max Jean-Jilles is there (He falls into the 4th) and we don't take him???

680516[/snapback]

Have you actually SEEN this guy? He's a big fat guy that plays too upright and stiff and will probably be one of those career weight problem guys.

Ngata is a fat slob I wouldnt have taken him over whitner even if we were to trade down. Bunkley is the guy I wanted but Im happy with McCargo who fits our defense just as well, and isnt a big of an injury risk as Bunkley. Both will end up better pros that Ngata.  Justice has past character issues theres a reason he fell as far as he did. In retrospect taking him at 8 would've been dumb.  I would've prefered trading down if whitner was the guy however it's not as easy as goin "Ok lets trade down" maybe they didnt like what they were being offered.  Its easy to say pick this guy or that guy but you just dont know.  I'll wait to see them play before I start to judge the draft.

680530[/snapback]

Intelligent well thought out post