Whitner on Sirius NFL Radio

disco

I live here in Baltimore and I never heard a word about S being considered for them.  Does Ed Reed mean anything to you?

674871[/snapback]

Does the fact that Ed Reed plays ONE safety position mean anything to you?

There other starter Will Demps left via free-agency....they need another one.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens wanted Whittner. But Buffalo took him so their #2 was Ngata maybe.

674914[/snapback]

No. Ngata was wearing a Ravens cap when ESPN interviewed him from his home. I think he was being targeted all along. Besides, you know Ray Lewis has a team of thugs at Ravens HQ to make sure they get somebody to help him.

The Ravens would have nabbed him at 12, so taking him at 8 might not have been so bad.

674855[/snapback]

Where does this keep coming from? The Ravens have been targeting a wide-body DT to replace Maake Kemoeatu who left in FA. Looks like they got their man, too.

ESPN was talking about it. So was Whitner.

675019[/snapback]

See Post #22

Marv: " So Dante, are any other teams interested in you?"

Whitner: "Well, the Ravens said they're gonna take me"

Marv: "Wow, that's really interesting."

Western Union couldn't have delivered the message any better. High probability that Marv got played, IMO.

See Post #22

Marv:  " So Dante, are any other teams interested in you?"

Whitner:  "Well, the Ravens said they're gonna take me"

Marv:  "Wow, that's really interesting."

Western Union couldn't have delivered the message any better.  High probability that Marv got played, IMO.

675028[/snapback]

that's what happens when you lock onto one player.

Marv did what he always does - sticks to his draft board no matter what- even if a trade down would offer more value.

Too bad Marv never trades on draft day

The Bills filled a position of desparate need. Ngata and Bunkley both had question marks--Triplett helps fill the D-line hole.

Whitner does not have question marks--he's a fast strong hard-hitting safety who will maul on special teams. The Ravens would have nabbed him at 12, so taking him at 8 might not have been so bad. If the Bills had an offer from Detriot, AZ, or St. Luois, then they could have risked the trade, but it sounds like they got one of the only impact players (for them) available at that pick.

674855[/snapback]

Larry Triplett isn't going to fill sh--. The DL is going to suck donkey balls.....again.

And that, in a nutshell, is a problem. he wasn't even the best S in the draft.

675095[/snapback]

Not to be an @ss, but how do you know? Because Mel Kiper said he wasn't??? I hated this pick at first. It didn't make sense. But then I realized something, Marv and Dick Jauron probably know their team better than I do. So while I don't completely like the pick, who the hell knows? He just turned 21, runs a 4.45, has a good character, likes to hit and could possibly become a corner. Give it time. And trust in Marv (please be right Marv ;) ).

Not to be an @ss, but how do you know?  Because Mel Kiper said he wasn't??? I hated this pick at first.  It didn't make sense. But then I realized something, Marv and Dick Jauron probably know their team better than I do.  So while I don't completely like the pick, who the hell knows?  He just turned 21, runs a 4.45, has a good character, likes to hit and could possibly become a corner.  Give it time.  And trust in Marv (please be right Marv  :o ).

675116[/snapback]

Because Joe and the rest of the negative Nancies aren't happy unless they're bitching about something. Who cares whether the guy has ever played a down of NFL football, he obviously sucks more than a couple of other guys we could have drafted.

Welcome to Buffalo, sir. You suck! Hard to believe players ever want to leave. ;)

Go go retard rollercoaster. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Bills filled a position of desparate need. Ngata and Bunkley both had question marks--Triplett helps fill the D-line hole.

Whitner does not have question marks--he's a fast strong hard-hitting safety who will maul on special teams. The Ravens would have nabbed him at 12, so taking him at 8 might not have been so bad. If the Bills had an offer from Detriot, AZ, or St. Luois, then they could have risked the trade, but it sounds like they got one of the only impact players (for them) available at that pick.

674855[/snapback]

Also does the name Antoine Winfield sound familiar? I was shocked that he was chosen at this spot but certainly a position of need. He may turn out to be a great pick, only time will tell. I have seen others say that he was as much a player on the Ohio St. defense as AJ Hawk. He most certainly fills a position of need and in the cover2 will do well.

Because Joe and the rest of the negative Nancies aren't happy unless they're bitching about something.  Who cares whether the guy has ever played a down of NFL football, he obviously sucks more than a couple of other guys we could have drafted.

Welcome to Buffalo, sir.  You suck!  Hard to believe players ever want to leave.  ;)

Go go retard rollercoaster.  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

675155[/snapback]

Yeah, unless you're happy with the selection you're part of the retard rollercoaster. Talk about a retarded PoV.

It couldn't be that there's actually a way to have a logical problem with the selection.

I notice that everybody calls the posters who are conistantly critical of the Bills names on yet they're right year after year.

I think it's time for another DOOOOOOMMMMED post. :o

Yeah, unless you're happy with the selection you're part of the retard rollercoaster.  Talk about a retarded PoV.

It couldn't be that there's actually a way to have a logical problem with the selection.

I notice that everybody calls the posters who are conistantly critical of the Bills names on  yet they're right year after year.

I think it's time for another DOOOOOOMMMMED post.  ;)

675280[/snapback]

I'm not happy with the selection - I have no idea whether this guy or anyone outside of AJ Hawk or Devin Bush is going to be a good player in the NFL. I doubt anyone outside of Harv or R.Rich knows anymore about him than I do.

I don't think it matters who we'd have picked. These same posters would be whining and bitching. The negativity around this team is as big a reason it's not successful as any other.

I'm not happy with the selection - I have no idea whether this guy or anyone outside of AJ Hawk or Devin Bush is going to be a good player in the NFL.  I doubt anyone outside of Harv or R.Rich knows anymore about him than I do.

I don't think it matters who we'd have picked.  These same posters would be whining and bitching.  The negativity around this team is as big a reason it's not successful as any other.

675305[/snapback]

Fair enough. I misunderstood your original post, my bad.