Whittner

Ball'n

Detroit wanted a safety... If we traded down would Detroit have taken him?

674746[/snapback]

So What...This is just the ridiculous stuff that cost TD his job. Your telling me with the huge needs at DT and the fact we could have gotten the best CB, we took a Safety/CB tweener that runs 4.5, not fast, and is too short and not big enough to be a SS. FS is the best this guy can bring us. Oh yeah, we've got three guys back there now already. Wow we sure needed that position????????

So What...This is just the ridiculous stuff that cost TD his job.  Your telling me with the huge needs at DT and the fact we could have gotten the best CB, we took a Safety/CB tweener that runs 4.5, not fast, and is too short and not big enough to be a SS.  FS is the best this guy can bring us.  Oh yeah, we've got three guys back there now already.  Wow we sure needed that position????????

674779[/snapback]

the bills do not have a strong safety capable of playing in the nfl at an even mediocre level. strong safeties are on the field as much as DTs.

the bills do not have a strong safety capable of playing in the nfl at an even mediocre level. strong safeties are on the field as much as DTs.

674796[/snapback]

The game is won in the trenches.

When was the last time you heard the game was won at free safety?

He runs a 4.45, stop embelishing to make you seem like some draft guru. I like the player a lot and if the scouts say this kid is worth the 8th pick then we'll have to wait and see how he plays. My buddy is a HUGE Ohio State fan and he says we are getting a football player with whitner.

Im not a huge fan of a saftey at 8 with all the holes this team has but the only way they would risk it is if they thought this kid would be a dynamite (polamalu). Im not going to pass judgement on this draft untill they finish up the first day. We can still get 3 very good players with our next 3 picks.

So you would have been fine if the bills drafted only linemen, and Coy Wire was in the Backfield an entire game?

674836[/snapback]

Yeah, because there would be no safties left on the board after the 8 spot... :(

He fits our new defense... I would have liked to get him around 15, but if the Ravens or Detriot would have taken hmi I am OK with this pick

674823[/snapback]

Fitting a defense is great, but not when the most imprtant piece is getting to the QB. The whole defense is predicated on QB pressure. We couldn't even pressure wash Donte's Mercedes he will be buying with the stupid money Marv will over pay for him. We've got several FS's that fit the system, and while this guy will be bettter than what we got, this is far from the most pressing need. BAD Decision Marv, Where was Ralph, sleeping in the back?

Very solid pick by the Bills. Living down here in Cincinnati (after growing up near Buffalo and going to UB) I’ve become a big OSU fan and believe me this kid can play. As far as the draft experts, please, give me a break! These are the same clowns that had Mike Williams as a 10 year rock at tackle. Also, this kid is high character and will make an impact right out of the gate.

Very solid pick by the Bills.  Living down here in Cincinnati (after growing up near Buffalo and going to UB) I’ve become a big OSU fan and believe me this kid can play.  As far as the draft experts, please, give me a break!  These are the same clowns that had Mike Williams as a 10 year rock at tackle.  Also, this kid is high character and will make an impact right out of the gate.

674912[/snapback]

BINGO! Too many people rely on the draft reports of people who sit in their mom's basement, recycling what everyone else thinks of a player. The Bills figured that Whittner would still be there at 14, but Oakland taking Huff screwed that all up. Detroit had safety targeted and Whittner was the next best available.

PTR

BINGO!  Too many people rely on the draft reports of people who sit in their mom's basement, recycling what everyone else thinks of a player.  The Bills figured that Whittner would still be there at 14, but Oakland taking Huff screwed that all up.  Detroit had safety targeted and Whittner was the next best available.

PTR

674935[/snapback]

Would Detriot have taken Whittner at 9 though? or was it to much of a reach.

Would Detriot have taken Whittner at 9 though? or was it to much of a reach.

675016[/snapback]

I'm not willing to take that chance as DT is a position of greater depth in this year's draft. This was a wise choice given that Huff was taken at #7. We really don't have a starter at SS and now we will. Whittner would not have been there even if we had only traded down a few spots. It does make me wonder had the Raiders not taken Huff, would we have?

Next we need to go either defensive tackle or one of the 3 OG. We need to wait to grade day 1 of the draft at its conclusion.