Bills to #14?

Bills, Eagles Trade? A rumor out of the Philly area says that the Bills and Eagles may be working on a draft day deal. The Eagles are known to want to move up, while the Bills wouldn't mind moving back. If a deal is made the Bills would move back six spots to #14 and get the Eagles 2nd rounder according to one report. The Eagles aren't sure they want to part with the 2nd rounder. Here's the catch, Philadelphia covets getting Brodrick Bunkley the guy supposedly the Bills want. One report says the Bills secretly want another player that will be there at 14, so they don't mind doing the deal, getting another pick, and losing out on Bunkley. Time will tell.

...I like it. (depending on who is there at #8)

If the Bills "secretly" covet a player that will be there at 14, let me throw out some names...

Antonio Cromartie - will be because the Bills secretly have him rated in their top 10 based on potential

Daryn Colledge - will be because the Bills grade him out to be just as good as Brick or Justice.

With defensive tackle a needed must, moving down here would be stupid. If they do trade to #14, Ngata and Bunkley would be gone. Here are my thoughts on trading: Watch to see who is still on the board near the end of round one. If Eric Winston is there at the top of round two, trade the second and one of the third round picks up and draft him. Then let things fly as they will.

With defensive tackle a needed must, moving down here would be stupid. If they do trade to #14, Ngata and Bunkley would be gone. Here are my thoughts on trading: Watch to see who is still on the board near the end of round one. If Eric Winston is there at the top of round two, trade the second and one of the third round picks up and draft him. Then let things fly as they will.

674015[/snapback]

this is more like it .....

We don't need a corner, we need lineman and a safety

673990[/snapback]

Williams has the size to play S but his character concerns make me think he wouldn't be a Levy type pick.

I think if we do trade down to 14 it means we're targetting Justice but no guarantees he's there, and if he's not the only other players that have been ranked to be available with that pick that really appeal to me are the aforementioned Williams or Mathias Kiwanuka.

If Justice isn't available I think the Bills might be looking at Donte Whitner.

674023[/snapback]

This Justice stuff is nonsense. Given this character's track record, Levy isn't going to touch him with a 10 foot pole. If Levy has an 11 foot pole, he'd just make a wider berth around the big dude.

This Justice stuff is nonsense.  Given this character's track record, Levy isn't going to touch him with a 10 foot pole.  If Levy has an 11 foot pole, he'd just make a wider berth around the big dude.

674052[/snapback]

Even though all of those "character" issues happened two years ago and he's made every effort to apologize and take responsibility for them? Even though they happened when he was 19 years old and in college (Be honest here, if we are judging people based on what they did when they were in college, 75% of the board would be considered evil, immoral people).

Justice has time and time again apologized for what he did and has kept his nose clean for awhile now. I think calling him a character concern is downright silly because he's done everything and more to make up for his immaturity a few years ago. I'd take him in a heart beat.

Remember, Eric Moulds didnt exactly have a great character reputation coming out of college and he sure calmed down like he said he was going to.

I still cringe every time I read about Justice protecting the blindside of Leinart and thus he's going to have no problem being flipped to LT in the NFL. Where have I heard that one before?!? (Mel's never been wrong.)

I just think Justice has ample red flags flying to make him not worth the risk. Nothing against the guy. I hope he has a good career.

674015[/snapback]

there are more then 2 DT's in this draft

McCargo could still be a possiblity later on if the rumors of a Bills Bears trade takes place. I dont think McCargo will be there for the Bills second round pick however

If Justice isn't available I think the Bills might be looking at Donte Whitner.

674023[/snapback]

Agreed...Some have Whitner and Huff Rated about the same at Safety. There are Teams and Scouts out there who absolutely love Whitner...The Bills could very well be in that Group. :blink: