If Leinart slides to #8, is anyone tempted?

With the Bills being two years away from the playoffs, I just don't know how we could pass on him.  Even with all of the holes and the three major needs, I still don't know if Marv could pass on a talent like this.

Flame away... <_<

673845[/snapback]

Tempted for sure.....but I think you are going to see very few offensive side of the ball picks the next two days. We dropped from 2nd to 29th on D. Jauron and Levy will stress Defense. They believe this is the way to win.

An offensive tackle in the first 3 or 4 Bills picks could be it-on the O side-but we may add a G in the later rounds just because the position is so deep. This is going to be a heavy D laden draft...with players added at just about every Defensive position...DT, LB, Safety being the priorities. I know everyone says why LB? Here's why...

1) Posey and Fletcher contract years -- and Posey not active enough

2) TKO coming off a major injury

3) Crowell and Haggan are really great depth--Stamer is okay but makes his living on ST.

Bottom line -- we need to add another potential playmaker to this list for this year and the future. Also, the great thing about LB, S and CB is that they are usually the backbone of special teams so you get some immediate return even if they are not starters.

Prediction...

Draft will be--with a trade down--with either the Rams, Cards or Philly that nets us another top 100 pick....

2 DT's

1 DE

2 CB'

2 LB's

1 Safety

1 OT

1 OG

1 Offense slash (like a Leon Washington--RB/RS)..

I think the 5 picks in the top 100 will be a DT, DE, LB, OT and a Safety in no particular order....

No, you don't draft skill position players until you're settled along the lines. No cart-before-horse bullsh--. This is a pick we could maybe afford to make next year but this draft is about the lines. Plus, factor in the history of first round QB busts, and it's poor risk management.

NO

He's soft, not dedicated enough and can't throw in the wind

673864[/snapback]

Reggie Bush had to push him into the End Zone to beat Notre Dame...He couldn't even do that on his own...he's too much of a pretty boy.

With the Bills being two years away from the playoffs, I just don't know how we could pass on him.  Even with all of the holes and the three major needs, I still don't know if Marv could pass on a talent like this.

Flame away... <_<

673845[/snapback]

If we draft Leinart, Lee evans will all but disappear. Leinart to me is a younger Kelly Holcomb. Makes good decisions but needs a running start to launch the long ball.

Flame away... <_<

673845[/snapback]

Yes I'm Tempted.

To trade Down.