BILLS SIGN A-TRAIN (AKA ANTHONY THOMAS)

I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's a wait-and-see signing.

Does Philadelphia EVER offer enough to make a trade? How many teams do they try and rip off. "Uh, we'll give you a 6th round pick for your 1st" Get bent. I hate Philadelphia.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv is building a bench.

673146[/snapback]

That's a great point. If you look at our SB years, one thing we had besides great starters is amazing depth. Most very good teams do.

That's a great point. If you look at our SB years, one thing we had besides great starters is amazing depth. Most very good teams do.

673355[/snapback]

Thank you for your kind words. And the old man knows this well. I'll be a bit disappointed if folks consider our draft less than "flashy" a failure, and not dotted with the popular names. Better to see what this season or next brings.

At this point im convinced there is not a player in the league you guys would be happy if we signed so I wont comment on all the A-Train rips regardless of the ones that are deserved. Nobody is calling him a starter. I would like to point out that the Bear's T. Jones was brought in to add some muscle and depth. He was widely considered a bust in AZ and now he plays lights out. Just once could we wish a guy luck and hope for the best instead of tearing EVERYONE down. No wonder we're not an attractive market to play in, our own fans don't support the team.

1 YEAR DEAL, ANTHONY THOMAS

672774[/snapback]

In 2001 he was outstanding for the Bears. But his injuries the following year took its tole. If he's healthy, it could be a good pickup if our offensive line improves.

I am just not understanding folks on this board for a while now....

Anthony Thomas is not being brought in to be a starter.....we have a workhorse in Willis Magehee who will need a blow every now and then....

He is a veteran, experienced, "gotten it done" rb who isn't too light for the position (aka Shawd Williams) who could come in and do some damage while Willis is getting a breather......

What is the friggen problem....same with the Reyes thing.  There were people on this board that were begging the bills mgt to sign him not to long ago....now people feel there is a need to tear him apart...... <_<

673094[/snapback]

This is TBD, John. Did you really have to waste those 5 minutes writing that up? I woulda been cutting up the rug with the ole lady to some hot jazz music. :)

By that, do you mean 2.1 yards at a time?    I'd put more faith in Gates, having never set foot in an NFL game, than A-Train on his 4th team in the past two years.

673111[/snapback]

This signing should tell you Gates is a bust in the eyes of current management. And that's funny considering he didn't get any carries. Same with Preston. Was he drafted to make the bench look prettier? I don't get it. Benny Anderson beat him out! Ouch.

Marv Levy remarked, "I'm going to bring the Bills back to the Super Bowl.  We already have a quarterback named Kelly, and a wide receiver named Reed.  Now that we've got a running back named Thomas, we can't be stopped!"

673694[/snapback]

:)<_<

We've figured out Marv's plan. We already have a CB named "Nate"...

This signing should tell you Gates is a bust in the eyes of current management. 

673639[/snapback]

I hardly would call a Round 7, pick 22 (236 overall) draft pick a bust. He made the roster. That is more than most 7th round draft picks. I also don't think A-Trian's presence will affect Gates because Thomas won't make it out of training camp, IMHO.