R.I.P. - Sparky

Eric in Va

About 10 years ago my best friend in the whole-wide world died. His name was Sparky the Wonder Dog. It saddens me to this day to think about good old Sparky. He was such a good friend and was always there when I needed some one to talk to, walk with or just have a good old face licking.

Eventhough I am now married with three kids I still think about my old pal.

Rest in Peace good buddy.

If anyone would like to make donations to a relief fund that I have set up for myself, please feel free to make all cash donations to the following address. I think I may want to go out and buy myself a new puppy and/or hit the ballet the next time I am in Buffalo to raise my spirits.

The Sparky Relief Fund

P.O. Box 69690

Richmond, VA 12345

Thanks for listening. This place is like a family to me.

Eric in VA :D:(:blush::huh:

I had a great Lab/Mutt for 13 years. B.J. was her name. I've got two dogs now, but it just ain't the same. I still get a little misty sometimes thinking about the love that dog gave to the world. She just loved everyone, but she hated squirrels!

I still have her collar hanging on the doorknob of the spare bedroom, and a big picture of her hanging in the office.

I feel your pain, my brother!

My dog Charlie passed away last september after 15 solid years. It was rough losing a dog I'd had since I was 5, and much like the rest of you, even though I've recently obtained another dog, he's not Charlie. Charlie was an irreplaceable friend and I still miss him every day.

He also hated squirrels.

About 10 years ago my best friend in the  whole-wide world died.  His name was Sparky the Wonder Dog.  It saddens me to this day to think about good old Sparky.  He was such a  good friend and was  always there when I needed some one to talk to, walk with or just  have a good old face licking. 

Eventhough I am now married with three kids  I still think about my old pal.

Rest in Peace good buddy.

If anyone would like to make donations to a relief fund that I have set up for myself, please feel free to make all cash donations to the  following address.  I think I may want to go out and buy myself a new puppy and/or hit the ballet the next time I am in Buffalo to raise my spirits. 

The Sparky Relief Fund

P.O. Box 69690

Richmond, VA 12345

Thanks for listening.  This place is like a family to me.

Eric in VA  :D  :(  :blush:  :huh:

49861[/snapback]

WARNING: SICK AND TWISTED ATTEMPT AT DARK HUMOR AT YOUR EXPENSE FOLLOWS!!!!

If he's such a wonder dog, how come he's dead?

"Donations to a relief fund that I have set up for myself"? In other words, this is an attempt to con people into giving you money. Actually...I can respect that. Let me know how it works. :blush:

---END OF DARK HUMOR. I'll put an extra $20 in Sparky's memorial fund in penance... :blush:

I had a great Lab/Mutt for 13 years.  B.J. was her name.  I've got two dogs now, but it just ain't the same.  I still get a little misty sometimes thinking about the love that dog gave to the world.  She just loved everyone, but she hated squirrels!

I still have her collar hanging on the doorknob of the spare bedroom, and a big picture of her hanging in the office.

I feel your pain, my brother!

49898[/snapback]

It's amazing how these animals can grow on you as a member of your family. I just got my purebred Lab "Molly" in July, and I would go nuts if something would happen to her. She's alot of fun. There is never a boring day at home with her here.

Our family dog Sandee died this January. She was 21 1/2 years old. Just a small 12 pound mixed terrier. It was difficult after all those years.

>Dogs are great animals. They give unconditional love.

The Bills can use some unconditional love! Maybe Mr Wilson will buy the Bills a dog! Can we, huh? Can we?!

But seriously folks, I lost a great dog in July, after 12 years of fine service. Cody the Wonder Dog (no relation).

Losing our dog made me wonder what it would be like if dogs lived 80 years, just like humans. Think about it for a minute...

DC Tom:

I am truly insulted by your lack of sympothy and disregard for my feelings.

Sparky was a true friend and you sit there and make jokes about my feelings. I expect that much from ICE but not you.

And to think that I am trying to scam individuals out of cash, I am twice stricken with pain from you.

Eric in VA :doh::wub:

Our family dog Sandee died this January.  She was 21 1/2 years old.  Just a small 12 pound mixed terrier.  It was difficult after all those years.

50341[/snapback]

That has to be a record for a dog - The longest I ever heard of one living was 17 years but 21 1/2 :doh:

My cat was put down yesterday. She was 17 and really well, until a few weeks ago she got a weird cough, so whent he vet had her in yesterday to x-ray her chest he saw a massive tomour in her larynx and didn't bring her around. She's been my comfort since I was old enough to have a pet - when I was 7 years old. She was a cranky old girl who wouldn't do much except slouch around the place a malt everywhere. But she was a sweetheart deep down and I will miss her. She was our family cat and she will be missed.

My own cat - my parents got me when i was 16 - was the funniest little guy you ever met.. Jet black. Big ears. Big voice. A real tearaway in the field out the back of our house and a real ladies man (despite having no nuts :doh:). I discovered him run over one morning on my way to school on 2 February 1998. He was 3. I still have his ID on my key chain and to think about him always makes my cry.

So this message is one of love for Tinkerbell and Hook. Gone, but not forgotten.

It looks like some people are actually taking this thread seriously.  :doh:

Good job, Eric!  :wub:

50857[/snapback]

This is true. You mock my sincerity, you are an evil person. I am mourning my loss over the past ten years here and you choose to mock me. I am insulted by your insensitive nature.

How about a donation to my fund?