rumor making the rounds

Oakland jumps to 4 to grab Young or Leinart

Jets draft Ngata (??)

from kffl.com:

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback. The Jets then select Oregon DT Haloti Ngata with the seventh pick. The Jets don't have a pure nose tackle for their new 3-4 scheme.

I know...I know.... The NY Daily News. The epitome of dependable journalism :)

BUT, If the raiders butt in, and the Jets take Ngata, this guarantees that either Ferguson or Davis is on the board at 8 (bush - williams - young - leinart - hawk - davis - Ngata ) 1-7?

either would be sweeeeeeeeeeet

Or what would make more sense is that the Jets would then select Ferguson at the #7 spot. Still getting who they want and picking up an extra draft pick in doing so. I don't think the Jets would draft Ngata unless Ferguson was already gone.

The Jets were #5 in total defense in the AFC last season. They were tops in AFC pass defense and #13 out of 16 in run defense. The old story - why bother passing against them, when when one can run like crazy? :)

Sadder still, was the Bill's #15 AFC run defense, their #9 AFC pass defense, and #15 overall AFC defense rankings.

I don't think we posess any meaningful stones to throw at the Jets... ;)

Jets draft Ngata  (??)

from kffl.com:

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback. The Jets then select Oregon DT Haloti Ngata with the seventh pick. The Jets don't have a pure nose tackle for their new 3-4 scheme.

I know...I know....  The NY Daily News. The epitome of dependable journalism :)

BUT, If the raiders butt in, and the Jets take Ngata, this guarantees that either Ferguson or Davis is on the board at 8 (bush - williams - young - leinart - hawk - davis - Ngata ) 1-7?

670200[/snapback]

If this scenario plays out, the reaction from the Jets faithful would be priceless!! ;):w00t::w00t:

So much for Dewayne Robertson as their NT megastar if they draft Ngata...wasnt Robertson supposed to be Lil' Sapp?

More like Lil Mamula.

670203[/snapback]

Seriously, Robertson was fourth overall a couple of years ago. He's been disappointing, but wow! This is worse than Mike Williams.

edit: three years ago

Seriously, Robertson was fourth overall a couple of years ago.  He's been disappointing, but wow!  This is worse than Mike Williams.

670243[/snapback]

You are jumping the gun. The selection of Williams devestated our franchise. Robertson was not worthy of a #4, but he would be an improvement over what we have at DT. :)

You are jumping the gun. The selection of Williams devestated our franchise. Robertson was not worthy of a #4, but he would be an improvement over what we have at DT.  :)

670247[/snapback]

The Jets were a playoff team that used an extra 1st to trade up to get Robertson. Three years down the road, they earned the 4 spot on their own. You're telling me that didn't devastate them?

The Jets were a playoff team that used an extra 1st to trade up to get Robertson.  Three years down the road, they earned the 4 spot on their own.  You're telling me that didn't devastate them?

670251[/snapback]

I seriously doubt Robertson was the reason why the Jets blew, how about an ancient running back and no QB, maybe.

The Jets were a playoff team that used an extra 1st to trade up to get Robertson.  Three years down the road, they earned the 4 spot on their own.  You're telling me that didn't devastate them?

670251[/snapback]

True I will take Robertson over any Dt we have

670251[/snapback]

The primary factor in their destruction was their idiot coach, Herm Edwards. Believe me, he is about to destroy the Chiefs. He is a literal nitwit. He fell in love with Pennington, and gave him 64 million dollars. THAT is what took this team down, be assured.

As much of a horror show as JP is, he would not devastate the Bills if/when he is cut. Btw, he also broke the bank for a finished Curtis Martin. Now, they have no RB, and no QB. Their OL is also suspect.

Yes, I am clearly stating that Robertson did not devastate the jests. :)

Or what would make more sense is that the Jets would then select Ferguson at the #7 spot.  Still getting who they want and picking up an extra draft pick in doing so.  I don't think the Jets would draft Ngata unless Ferguson was already gone.

670216[/snapback]

In the "Ferguson dropping" scenerios most seem to forget that Green Bay would more that likely take the #1 OT over AJ Hawk...Leaving the #1 LB as the odd-Man-out of the Top 7... :)

Jets draft Ngata  (??)

from kffl.com:

I know...I know....  The NY Daily News. The epitome of dependable journalism :)

670200[/snapback]

The unsubstantiated rumor that I saw was that there was a 3 team deal where Oakland moved to #2, NO moved to #4 and Jets moved to #7.

The rumor was that the Raiders wanted a QB, but more likely Williams is the target. NO would get Ferguson at #4.

Jets may be looking to move down and take whoever is left or are focusing on Cutler.

I have not heard that trade down rumor, this is the one I heard, New orleans trading down to the Raiders, the raiders give up their 1st rounder next year, in order to get Young.

So the first 7 picks would be something like this

1 Houston-Bush

2 raiders-young

3 Titans-Leinart

4 Jets-D'brick

5 Green Bay Mario Williams (I hope, I don't want Mario in the AFC east)

6 49ers Davis

7 Saints Hawk

NYC Bill you are right.

Dwayne Robertson is a good player who is still young and will learn and improve.

Herman Edwards is what ruined the Jets. The man is an idiot. He is dumber than a broken clock. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

I think he will have KC at 3-13 in 2 years.

NYC Bill you are right.

Dwayne Robertson is a good player who is still young and will learn and improve.

Herman Edwards is what ruined the Jets. The man is an idiot. He is dumber than a broken clock. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

I think he will have KC at 3-13 in 2 years.

670322[/snapback]

Check your messages. I sent you a PM.

No one is going to like this, but if the rumor is true, then it adds validity to the assessment that John Clayton made this morning: namely that the Jets are not interested in Lienart at all and would take D'Brick if they couldn't make a trade to gte out of that spot. We've said all along that if D'Brick gets past the Jets at #4 that he'd likely fall to us at #8. Well, the Jets are probably aware of that too, which is why they would like to work this deal with the Raiders -- trade down to #7, pick up an extra pick or two, and STILL wind up with the player they really want. Of course, the Raiders may decide themselves that they'd rather stay where they are at, since Leinart -- like Ferguson -- isn't likely to be drafted by either team picking at #5 and #6.

I think this is more smoke and mirrors than anything else. Teams are just posturing, sending out false reports, etc. to keep other teams off the scent. Happens every year. Some teams are just better at it than others (Cf. New England).

I have said all along that the surprise pick in the Top 10 may be Ngata to the Raiders at #7. The Raiders play in the best running division in football - they have to face Tomlinson twice a year, Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson twice a year, and whoever Mike Shanahan starts twice a year. In that division it is probably truer than in any other division, that you need to be able to stop the run. Ngata would be able to help the Raiders d-line in that capacity.