Semi-Official Game 2 Thread

BB27

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Captain Kangaroo blew up at his press conference and had some heated words for Ruff. Smart move Philly, give the Sabres more reason to take it to you.

Maybe the Flyers should be worrying about winning games instead of taking pot shots at the Sabres coach.

Apparently Captain Kangaroo blew up at his press conference and had some heated words for Ruff.  Smart move Philly, give the Sabres more reason to take it to you.

Maybe the Flyers should be worrying about winning games instead of taking pot shots at the Sabres coach.

669562[/snapback]

Brad Riter just played the clip on the WGR postgame show. Hitchcock said "Tell Lindy to !@#$ off" as he was walking away from reporters. Smart. :)

Is there something about the city of Philadelphia that causes players and coaches to act so "classy" all the time?

Brad Riter just played the clip on the WGR postgame show.  Hitchcock said "Tell Lindy to !@#$ off" as he was walking away from reporters.  Smart.  :)

669564[/snapback]

Why? Is it somehow Lindy's fault Esche mailed it in in the first period, Philly tanked, lost their composure, and managed to collect three game misconduct penalties?

Hitchcock needs to look at his own job performance before he starts bitching about other coaches. His team looked like they were out there to simply try to hit Campbell, not play hockey. They were out-coached, out-hustled, out-muscled, out-shot, and out-classed by an opponent. That's hardly Ruff's fault.

bull sh--.  No one's that stupid.

669528[/snapback]

Actually there is at least one Phlyer that IS that stupid. Not sure which Phlyer it was (have it on tape so I could figure it out if I cared, they're all idiots), but when Eager went after Vanek, McKee was tied up with a guy. McKee pulled him forward and the guy kicked his leg backwards over the boards into the Sabres bench and hit Grier right in the Shatanic Goathead.

Actually there is at least one Phlyer that IS that stupid.  Not sure which Phlyer it was (have it on tape so I could figure it out if I cared, they're all idiots), but when Eager went after Vanek, McKee was tied up with a guy.  McKee pulled him forward and the guy kicked his leg backwards over the boards into the Sabres bench and hit Grier right in the Shatanic Goathead.

669573[/snapback]

You can throw Forsberg in the mix too. A future hall of famer taking stupid penalites. I thought the guy had more class than that. Think Peters will dress next game?

You can throw Forsberg in the mix too.  A future hall of famer taking stupid penalites.  I thought the guy had more class than that.  Think Peters will dress next game?

669577[/snapback]

Putting Peters out there actually works to the Phlyers benefit. Sabres rolling their lines (or at least trying to, it's hard to do when you have ~25 minutes of powerplay time a game) is one of the things that is killing Filly. Putting Peters in the game does 2 things for Filly: it gives them an opportunity to CLAIM that it's the Sabres that want to goon things up and it also forces Buffalo to double shift Hecht (of course that is assuming the Sabres don't spend 1/2 the game on the powerplay).

Putting Peters out there actually works to the Phlyers benefit.  Sabres rolling their lines (or at least trying to, it's hard to do when you have ~25 minutes of powerplay time a game) is one of the things that is killing Filly.  Putting Peters in the game does 2 things for Filly: it gives them an opportunity to CLAIM that it's the Sabres that want to goon things up and it also forces Buffalo to double shift Hecht (of course that is assuming the Sabres don't spend 1/2 the game on the powerplay).

669592[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking also. Why should we play into their game of nonsense? Their spirit seems to be fading, might as well go for the jugular.

That was one of the best, most dominating performances I've ever witnessed in playoff hockey. Tell ya...if the Sabres play their best through this tournament, they have a REAL shot at the cup. How can you not be proud of these guys...

Why?  Is it somehow Lindy's fault Esche mailed it in in the first period, Philly tanked, lost their composure, and managed to collect three game misconduct penalties?

Hitchcock needs to look at his own job performance before he starts bitching about other coaches.  His team looked like they were out there to simply try to hit Campbell, not play hockey.  They were out-coached, out-hustled, out-muscled, out-shot, and out-classed by an opponent.  That's hardly Ruff's fault.

669567[/snapback]

Actually, my understanding is that he started the presser by taking blame for not getting the team prepared. Then they asked him about Lindy's comments about the Flyers players playing like "idiots," and he got angry, stormed off, saying "tell Lindy to !@#$ off" on his way out.

Something like that.

Actually, my understanding is that he started the presser by taking blame for not getting the team prepared.  Then they asked him about Lindy's comments about the Flyers players playing like "idiots," and he got angry, stormed off, saying "tell Lindy to !@#$ off" on his way out.

Something like that.

669599[/snapback]

That's how it went.

That's how it went.

669602[/snapback]

Oh, I forgot to mention that just before the "idiots" question, Mr. Moose asked Hitchcock a knock-knock joke and dumped ping pong balls on him. Probably wasn't a good thing to mention the "idiots" comment right after that...

:)