Semi-Official Game 2 Thread

BB27

Actually, my understanding is that he started the presser by taking blame for not getting the team prepared.  Then they asked him about Lindy's comments about the Flyers players playing like "idiots," and he got angry, stormed off, saying "tell Lindy to !@#$ off" on his way out.

Something like that.

669599[/snapback]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_...n_flyers_sabres

"Use a different word if you want, but I thought they did," Ruff said. "The more they acted like idiots, the more we wanted to play."

Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock took offense to Ruff's description after the Flyers took 17 penalties, including Denis Gauthier's ejection and Ben Eager's two misconducts when the play deteriorated as the Sabres built a 5-0 first-period lead.

"That's Lindy's opinion," Hitchcock said. "I've seen his teams do the same thing. So he ought not to talk about that."

Hitchcock took one more question before abruptly leaving the podium. On his way out, he used two profanities in muttering aloud that Ruff should mind his own business.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there is at least one Phlyer that IS that stupid.  Not sure which Phlyer it was (have it on tape so I could figure it out if I cared, they're all idiots), but when Eager went after Vanek, McKee was tied up with a guy.  McKee pulled him forward and the guy kicked his leg backwards over the boards into the Sabres bench and hit Grier right in the Shatanic Goathead.

669573[/snapback]

It was Radivojevic(sp?).

It was an odd looking thing but I couldn't convince myself that it was intentional. I'm not saying that it wasn't either, just that it was tough to tell if there was any intent there. I don't think the guy is much of a ruffian so I'm guessing he was just flopping aabout while McKee was ragging him around.

Cya

Brad Riter just played the clip on the WGR postgame show.  Hitchcock said "Tell Lindy to !@#$ off" as he was walking away from reporters.  Smart.  :)

Is there something about the city of Philadelphia that causes players and coaches to act so "classy" all the time?

669564[/snapback]

2 and 7 both used the clip on their 11:00 newscasts, too.

:w00t:

Are you sure?  I thought the team with the best record got the home ice regardless of seeding, like the NBA.

669906[/snapback]

Team with the best seeding gets home ice. By virtue of "winning" the Atlantic Division, NJ is considered the 3rd seed and will have home ice over anyone but Carolina or Ottawa in the East.

Assuming Buffalo and NJ both win, if Carolina and Ottawa win, Buffalo plays Otters next round. If 1 of higher seeds wins and one loses, Buffalo plays in Joisey. If both top seeds are knocked off, Buffalo hosts Moe-ray-aal.

Home ice for the SC finals is based on record.