termites?

frogger

the only problem is the guy has no money and I will end up paying to help him. I was hoping that there would be an easy solution. I like the anteater idea. but they are so hard to find this time of year

the only problem is the guy has no money and I will end up paying to help him.  I was hoping that there would be an easy solution.  I like the anteater idea.  but they are so hard to find this time of year

667742[/snapback]

It might be something he has to pony up for. If there is already that much visible damage he's probably got it pretty bad.

If you find out what type of termites they were then you can sub out the work for pretty cheap. Ask or find out if they are sub-terrenian or air-born. Then you can circumvent certain unneeded teatments. Sub-terrenian are treated by diggind a channel around the base of the house and spraying chemical into it and then back filling it. The air-born treatment has to be tented which is a lot more $.

If you find out what type of termites they were then you can sub out the work for pretty cheap.  Ask or find out if they are sub-terrenian or air-born.  Then you can circumvent certain unneeded teatments.  Sub-terrenian are treated by diggind a channel around the base of the house and spraying chemical into it and then back filling it.  The air-born treatment has to be tented which is a lot more $.

667950[/snapback]

Does that work against the ones already infesting?

This isnt something you mess around with. Termites can DESTROY your house. Call the pros. Suck up the money. If you came down with cancer you wouldnt try to treat it yourself, even if you had no money. Termites are basically cancer for your house. It will spread...fast if not treated properly. Get help.

A friend of mine just found termites at his house.  Anyone know a bug killer, and what I could buy at home depot to help him?  Destroyed his shower.

667736[/snapback]

I take it the framing and subflooring around the shower stall has been ate up....If thats the case, I would call a pro to kill the infestation, and you should check the sills, and repair any weakened areas....

the only problem is the guy has no money and I will end up paying to help him.  I was hoping that there would be an easy solution.  I like the anteater idea.  but they are so hard to find this time of year

667742[/snapback]

He needs to find the money. Why is it up to you?

Unless he is sick, disabled, or has video of you that could be incriminating ;) isn't it HIS problem?

I remember having to work two jobs to cover sh-- because sh-- happens. :)

Knock down inferior wooden house, then rebuild superior all concrete home. Termites now rendered obsolete. Also, if perhaps the termites try to come back, you can use a flame thrower with minimal damage.

:)

Termites and carpenter ants are attracted to moisture. This means that his shower most likely leaks. He needs to repair his shower, and make sure no moisture is getting into the wood. This probably means new tiling including moisture barriers.

Also, you can't really treat termites with something from home depot. You need an expert.

When I was most broke, I found that making sure I spend whatever money I had on proper maintenance of my house saved $$ in the long run. Problems have a tendency to lead to others.

A friend of mine just found termites at his house.  Anyone know a bug killer, and what I could buy at home depot to help him?  Destroyed his shower.

667736[/snapback]

He needs to have a pro take care of it if he ever wants to sell his house. Here in GA, I have to pay a company $50 a month to "monitor" my house (They also treat for other insects), just so that when it comes time to sell it, I can prove the place is termite free.