Matt Leinart will be a bust.....

djh

There is no way in hell he threw over 30 yards like you said

666437[/snapback]

Don't put words into my mouth again. :lol:

I never said he threw over 30 yards, I only repied to your claim that the pass was only 7 or 8 yards and said it was much more than that.

The pass was indeed much more than 7 yards. Get your fact straight next time. :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post...

Weak arm like Chad Pennington. :lol:

666416[/snapback]

Interestinly enough, Cade had the same surgery as Pennington and that was the main reason that his throwing strength is weak. And had to quite. Pennington will not be able to start again in the NFL (I think that he has had it twice as well).

The only thing that could make me cry would be if the Bills were stupid enough to spend that high pick on any QB. And Cade McNown's arm wasn't his real problem; his real problem was the huge empty space between his ears.

I think the area between Linus' ears is his saving grace and that he'll eventually be a serviceable NFL quarterback, even if drafted too high.

Cya

666415[/snapback]

exactly..

There are always haters that want to see a successful college QB go bust. It is a sad indictment on those people in my opinion. Most people that evaluate players feel he will be a great NFL QB. I can tell you one thing, he is certainly the most prepared in this class. If the Titans take him he will have a very solid rookie season due to knowing Chow's system like the back of his hand.

I wouldn't say Leinart will be a bust, but I don't think he is going to be a great QB either. He's a QB who doesn't have a great arm, but who I think can make strong decisions with the football and move an offense in a dink-and-dunk style.

I would like to thank you all for your detailed and comprehensive analyses of that wonderful 4th and 9 play.  I got a great view from the stadium but hearing everyone talk about it again just warms my heart.

No, really.

666477[/snapback]

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

I wouldn't say Leinart will be a bust, but I don't think he is going to be a great QB either.  He's a QB who doesn't have a great arm, but who I think can make strong decisions with the football and move an offense in a dink-and-dunk style.

667019[/snapback]

I like Ronnie Lott's comments about Vince Young on your signature line. I think he is right up there with David Klingler, Andre Ware, Tim Couch and Ty Detmer as far as college QB's go. And I think he will probably have similar success in the Pros as these guys.

In three years, when Leinart is in the playoffs and the team with Young is trying to figure out if he can play H-back, (since the WR experiment failed) he will still be one of the greatest college QB's ever !!

Leinart = Montana ???

Montana was able to throw 30 yards downfield, in an actual game.

Leinart couldn't do it at practice.

666414[/snapback]

Pssst....I'm gonna let you in on a little something.....Leinhart is really a righty...he showed his rocket right arm at his ULTRA CLOSED pro day for a select few......making you dead wrong.......dead wrong, I say.

I actually think Houston gets their way trades the top spot to either the Jets or Titans and Lienert is selected first overall. You can question anything you want about the guy, but he proved loyalty, smarts and that he is a winner. Now before I here "well Brock Berlin, and Gino Torretta where winners" Lienert is clearly better then them. I know saying Bush is not going to be the top draft pick is blasphemy here, but I do not think RB's are worth that much, and I do not think that the Texans want the media scrutiny of not selecting him, so they will sell the spot cheaper then the top spot maybe deserves. O-line makes the RBs in the NFL, which by the way the Bills need before anything else.

I like Ronnie Lott's comments about Vince Young on your signature line. I think he is right up there with David Klingler, Andre Ware, Tim Couch and Ty Detmer as far as college QB's go. And I think he will probably have similar success in the Pros as these guys.

In three years, when Leinart is in the playoffs and the team with Young is trying to figure out if he can play H-back, (since the WR experiment failed) he will still be one of the greatest college QB's ever !!

667035[/snapback]

Meh. We'll see won't we?

I've been saying for a while that I think Leinart will be a bust. I don't think it will have to do with his physical skills though. I don't know if the kid has the desire to be the best at the NFL level. Honestly, I kind of saw it as a sign of weakness when he came back for his senior season. They had just won 2 national championships, and he would have easliy been a top 5 pick (if not the clear choice #1).

Bear in mind that Peyton Manning came back for his fourth year, despite the fact that he could have been chosen in the top five had he come out a year early.

Guest dog14787
Matt was impressive with a great team around him. 

- 5 seconds to pass

- Lendale White blocking as RB

- Reggie Bush to dump off for 3 yards & run for 40

- Big TE

- Big WR's

but he rarely threw deep.  One reason is he didn't have to.  Second reason, his arm is weak.  At his USC pro workout last week, Leinart had trouble hitting deep passes..........WITH NO DEFENDERS.  SCARY!!!

Cade McNown was awesome in college but was exposed in the windy town of Chicago.  Forget Chicago, he didn't have an NFL arm....similar to Leinart.    In Buffalo, we have a weak OL, questionable TE's; ok WR's; good RB; ok FB.    JP would run circles around Leinart on a level playing field. 

At Tulane, JP had zero offensive line.  The reason JP did so well is that Tulane's coach was smart enough to play to JP's strength's & not pigeon hole him into a system...(like Mularkey).  For GOD's sake, Mularkey & TD were to ignorant to not use a frickin' roll out with JP.  That should be a given, but the coaches screwed up 90% of decisions last year.  Movin' on....looking forward to Juaron's (or anyone else's) style of coaching!!!

So.....if Leinart drops (which he should), don't cry if Buffalo passes on him at the eighth spot.  It would just mean that Buffalo mgmt & others did their homework.

Bottom line....Buffalo needs linemen....esp. O-Linemen!!!

666409[/snapback]

I agree!! O-line!!! and a good TE

VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flirt:

Losman has a great arm, great athlete, good head on his shoulders.

Lots of determination.

Just needs some experience and a good O-line

Vince Young on the other hand :( You could never let him slip by or atleast I couldn't.

If Young is there at 8th we have to take him :doh:

I'll cry if we don't :P

I agree!! O-line!!! and a good TE

VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Losman has a great arm, great athlete, good head on his shoulders.

Lots of determination.

Just needs some experience and a good O-line

Vince Young on the other hand :) You could never let him slip by or atleast I couldn't.

If Young is there at 8th we have to take him :lol:

I'll cry if we don't :)

667238[/snapback]

As much as I don't care for Leinart.....I would pick ML over Young at the #8......Actually the Bills picking any QB is stupid. If available, either trade down or pass on both!!!!