bills moving to canada?

What a sad sack of stojan you are. Do you have ANY pride for WNY? Or did you become a Bills fan because you thought the unis looked cool?

Hope you're enjoying your Clippers season tickets, as well...

663817[/snapback]

it has nothing to do with the Bills. I simply hate Canada.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you tap into Toronto revenue?  The stadium is smaller and the dollar is worth 15% less, so it won't be by hosting the games in Toronto.  Do you think there would be a huge increase in Toronto advertising $$$ with a couple of games hosted in Toronto?

663778[/snapback]

I can't answer those questions. But I know there is no money to be tapped in WNY. If the Bills were to find some more sponsor dollars, it would have to come from other cities: Toronto, Rochester, Syracuse.

PTR

If the Bills are having financial trouble now, how is having less games going to make them more financially viable?

663856[/snapback]

The idea is that if we can make a connection with Toronto, we could tap some sponsor dollars in that market. As has been explained, ticket revenue doesn't add up to much. The Bills have to find corporate partners. There are a few in Rochester, a few more in Syracuse, a ton of them in Toronto, and next to none in Buffalo. So if the Bills want to find more revenue, they have to go out of town to find it.

PTR

The idea is that if we can make a connection with Toronto, we could tap some sponsor dollars in that market.  As has been explained, ticket revenue doesn't add up to much.  The Bills have to find corporate partners.  There are a few in Rochester, a few more in Syracuse, a ton of them in Toronto, and next to none in Buffalo.  So if the Bills want to find more revenue, they have to go out of town to find it.

PTR

664028[/snapback]

This wouldn't provide the sponsor dollars you're looking for. The international companies like Ford or UPS would be OK with it, but the local sponsors like Wegmens and the ambulance chasers would only want to pay for sponsorship in Buffalo.

That would mean more work for the Bills, trying to find local Toronto revenue to make up for the missing Buffalo revenue. And considering that the rates in Toronto would have to be higher to make up for the exchange rate, it's doubtful any gain could be made here.

First of all, the Bills aren't going anywhere. Before long, every NFL owner will realize that the CBA and revenue sharing have to match. Even Snyder won't be willing to burn his local revenue every time a new stadium is opened.

And second, there will never be an NFL team in Toronto or in Canada. Their stadium is too small for the NFL, the exchange rate is too great, and the Canadian TV market is too small to make a difference in the national TV package.

The NFL will place a team in LA, Las Vegas, and maybe even San Antonio before even considering Toronto.

what are chances NFL makes first international expansion move and moves the team to toronto or another big city in canada?

663717[/snapback]

There is one other big city in Canada--Montreal.Give me an f'ing break.

if the nfl has international ambitions, i could see them moving bills to toronto. they'd have them play in skydome.  reasoning would be that they'd pick up a lot current cfl-fans as canada's first & only nfl team and given the proximity to buffalo they wouldn't lose too many existing bills fans.

663726[/snapback]

They wouldnt lose too many existing Bills fans?? If you are from Buffalo or Rochester and you are still a Billd fan once they move to Toronto then you are officially a PANSY.

what are chances NFL makes first international expansion move and moves the team to toronto or another big city in canada?

663717[/snapback]

Can I twist your testicles NOW or LATER!!!!!

...me.

Oh!! So there really is some insight behind your comments.

BTW, I was in Canada when 9-11 happened on business. The entire company stopped work, and had a short moment of silence for the country to the south. Absolute and total sincerity. I'll never forget it.

I can't imagine your childish and stupid reason for disliking Canada.. maybe you ended up in jail on a disorderly conduct charge.

Hopefully though, you will continue to live your pathetic life out below the border and not embarass us with whatever it is that you do.

Now - go back to drawing pictures on public bathroom stalls.

How do you tap into Toronto revenue?  The stadium is smaller and the dollar is worth 15% less, so it won't be by hosting the games in Toronto.  Do you think there would be a huge increase in Toronto advertising $$$ with a couple of games hosted in Toronto?

663778[/snapback]

you could charge higher prices in Toronto than in Buffalo, since in general, Torontonians are pretty wealthy.

I thought it was a 30 day moratorium on you or anyone else who is bothered by these posts reading them. If you don't like posts then do not read them. This approach would seem to be totally effective as best as i can tell.

In addition, to your not reading these threads, it would also seem to be a flawed strategy your are pursuing if you post replies in these threads.

My suggestion is that you can effectively protest these threads by not letting the door hit you on the way out.

663803[/snapback]

Just when I was thinking how much I enjoyed reading your insightful posts.........If you think my moratorium reminders are intended to be some "law enforcement" messure you mistaken, as serious as I am about the need to limit those types of threads, I do realize they will continue.....Hey let me have some fun with it will you???

Thanks, I do feel better now!

and Vancouver just disappeared off the map? 

and how about Calgary?

664232[/snapback]

Oh yeah--Calgary and Vancouver are these huge megalopolis's...lol.. Calgary is smaller than Rochester in metro population.Vancouver -altho much bigger than Calgary--is smaller than Pittsburgh.

Toronto is only the really large city in Canada--with about 5 million in its metro area now. Montreal has maybe 3 million metro--about the size of a minneapolis.

Well...If it ever came down to that ( the Bills moving toToronto) I'd simply order the invasion of Canada...Make them the 51st state (what they aren't already)...Order the repatriotation of the Bills to Buffalo...All is solved :w00t:

They wouldnt lose too many existing Bills fans?? If you are from Buffalo or Rochester and you are still a Billd fan once they move to Toronto then you are officially a PANSY.

664147[/snapback]

Amen, brother!

The reason you root for the Bills is their association with BUFFALO. Do you root for the Leafs because Toronto is close to Western New York? This kind of talk is for cowardly losers. No compromise here. You don't share your girl with your buddies, do you? Do you have a girl? If the NFL leaves Buffalo, screw the NFL.

...me.

Oh!! So there really is some insight behind your comments.

BTW, I was in Canada when 9-11 happened on business. The entire company stopped work, and had a short moment of silence for the country to the south. Absolute and total sincerity. I'll never forget it.

I can't imagine your childish and stupid reason for disliking Canada.. maybe you ended up in jail on a disorderly conduct charge.

Hopefully though, you will continue to live your pathetic life out below the border and not embarass us with whatever it is that you do.

Now - go back to drawing pictures on public bathroom stalls.

664228[/snapback]

easy there aunt sally...

when you get to know me personally, feel free to make personal attacks.

until then, go back to your crib and stop your crying.

Amen, brother!

The reason you root for the Bills is their association with BUFFALO.  Do you root for the Leafs because Toronto is close to Western New York?  This kind of talk is for cowardly losers.  No compromise here.  You don't share your girl with your buddies, do you?  Do you have a girl?  If the NFL leaves Buffalo, screw the NFL.

664303[/snapback]

I was always under the assumption that you rooted for the Bills cause you like the team and cause it is your hometown team?

If the team moves, I would be more likely to be finished with the NFL for allowing the team to move and taking the team away from me then I would be towards the team

Well...If it ever came down to that ( the Bills moving toToronto) I'd simply order the invasion of Canada...Make them the 51st state (what they aren't already)...Order the repatriotation of the Bills to Buffalo...All is solved  :w00t:

664281[/snapback]

LOL, Could you imagine taking over Canada? We could send about 5 cops each from Boston, Buffalo, Detroit and Seattle, and it would be ours!

I would throw up if the Bills moved to Toronto. I would then collect all my bills stuff and light 1 big bonfire, and then extinguish it by pissing on everything. I would then hope the toronto bills go 0-16 for eternity. !@#$ toronto.