bills moving to canada?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in the midst of a 30 day moratorium regarding this subject matter.

663723[/snapback]

if the nfl has international ambitions, i could see them moving bills to toronto. they'd have them play in skydome. reasoning would be that they'd pick up a lot current cfl-fans as canada's first & only nfl team and given the proximity to buffalo they wouldn't lose too many existing bills fans.

what are chances NFL makes first international expansion move and moves the team to toronto or another big city in canada?

663717[/snapback]

I love the NFL and I'm Canadian, but I doubt that we will see a permanent NFL franchise in Canada. The baseball and basketball expansions have not gone very well - 2 went back to the US (Montreal Expos, Vancouver Grizzlies) and the remaining 2 aren't very healthy (Toronto Raptors and Jays). We don't have a stadium large enough and with the dollar worth 15% less, it would just add a team that needs revenue sharing.

Besides, teams like the Dol-felons could never get their players across the border, or we would be worried you wouldn't take them back after the game :)

I love the NFL and I'm Canadian, but I doubt that we will see a permanent NFL franchise in Canada.  The baseball and basketball expansions have not gone very well - 2 went back to the US (Montreal Expos, Vancouver Grizzlies) and the remaining 2 aren't very healthy (Toronto Raptors and Jays).  We don't have a stadium large enough and with the dollar worth 15% less, it would just add a team that needs revenue sharing.

Besides, teams like the Dol-felons could never get their players across the border, or we would be worried you wouldn't take them back after the game  :)

663730[/snapback]

The Jays aren't in that bad of shape (fans need to start attending games), the problem is Skydome is way too big for them to fill every game.

As for the Raptors, if they didn't have such inept front office management they might do O.K.

I don't know how well the bills would work in Toronto. They might do well at first, but if they start losing, your gonna see fans disapearing really quickly, and alot of Torontonians seem to enjoy the CFL for some reason. I doubt it would happen, but I would prefer them in Toronto then L.A.

I love the NFL and I'm Canadian, but I doubt that we will see a permanent NFL franchise in Canada.  The baseball and basketball expansions have not gone very well - 2 went back to the US (Montreal Expos, Vancouver Grizzlies) and the remaining 2 aren't very healthy (Toronto Raptors and Jays).  We don't have a stadium large enough and with the dollar worth 15% less, it would just add a team that needs revenue sharing.

Besides, teams like the Dol-felons could never get their players across the border, or we would be worried you wouldn't take them back after the game  :)

663730[/snapback]

Which is why SHARING the Bills with Toronto makes so much sense! Play 1 preseason and 2 regular season games in T.O. Bills tap into Toronto revenue, and still remain the Buffalo Bills. It's win-win.

PTR

i would continue to follow and be a fan of the Bills if they moved anywhere in the USA. If they leave the country, even if it were just to Toronto, I would have to find a new team to cheer for.

Which is why SHARING the Bills with Toronto makes so much sense!  Play 1 preseason and 2 regular season games in T.O.  Bills tap into Toronto revenue, and still remain the Buffalo Bills.  It's win-win.

PTR

663759[/snapback]

How do you tap into Toronto revenue? The stadium is smaller and the dollar is worth 15% less, so it won't be by hosting the games in Toronto. Do you think there would be a huge increase in Toronto advertising $$$ with a couple of games hosted in Toronto?

I agree with Promo and would have no problem playing two games in TO.........The Braves used to do that type of thing, too, just like the Sabres do in Rochester.

I think we should split the Bills and the Jays between the two cities and call it even!

We are in the midst of a 30 day moratorium regarding this subject matter.

663723[/snapback]

I thought it was a 30 day moratorium on you or anyone else who is bothered by these posts reading them. If you don't like posts then do not read them. This approach would seem to be totally effective as best as i can tell.

In addition, to your not reading these threads, it would also seem to be a flawed strategy your are pursuing if you post replies in these threads.

My suggestion is that you can effectively protest these threads by not letting the door hit you on the way out.

663730[/snapback]

it appears like the CFL does quite well. so wouldnt an NFL franchise do that much better?

i would continue to follow and be a fan of the Bills if they moved anywhere in the USA. 

663767[/snapback]

What a sad sack of stojan you are. Do you have ANY pride for WNY? Or did you become a Bills fan because you thought the unis looked cool?

Hope you're enjoying your Clippers season tickets, as well...

Which is why SHARING the Bills with Toronto makes so much sense!  Play 1 preseason and 2 regular season games in T.O.  Bills tap into Toronto revenue, and still remain the Buffalo Bills.  It's win-win.

PTR

663759[/snapback]

If the Bills are having financial trouble now, how is having less games going to make them more financially viable?

I thought it was a 30 day moratorium on you or anyone else who is bothered by these posts reading them. If you don't like posts then do not read them. This approach would seem to be totally effective as best as i can tell.

In addition, to your not reading these threads, it would also seem to be a flawed strategy your are pursuing if you post replies in these threads.

My suggestion is that you can effectively protest these threads by not letting the door hit you on the way out.

663803[/snapback]

feel better now, sweet pea?

it appears like the CFL does quite well. so wouldnt an NFL franchise do that much better?

663804[/snapback]

Why do you think the CFL does quite well? :)

The CFL lost a franchise (Ottawa Renegades) in the last two weeks, leaving it with only 8 teams. There are probably more teams losing money than making money and at least one team typically changes owners every other year. Two years ago Toronto was going to fold if they didn't find new ownership.

I love the CFL and attend 4 or 5 games a year but I would hesitate to say it does well.