Huff talks about his visit to Buffalo

in his Weekly draft diary for Sporting News

During the trips, I had a huge shock when I visited the Dolphins in Miami and then made the trip to Buffalo to see the Bills. In Miami, the weather was beautiful and sunny with palm trees everywhere. I was surrounded by snow and icy weather in Buffalo the next day. I couldn't believe the difference in weather changes between the two places! I know I can handle the snow if I end up in Buffalo or Detroit, but I do have to say, the warm and sunny weather in Miami was a welcome sight.

:rolleyes:

Heard an interview with him earlier on espn radio and he was asked who is the best cornerback of all time and he says my boy Charles Woodson! Almost drove into a telephone pole after bursting pout with laughter! Not exactly the sharpest marble but if we did take him I think he'll like the snow with 80,000 fans cheering for him on Sundays!

Yeah, i heard his combine press conference. They guy sounded like he was reading a teleprompter (which probably isnt far from the truth knowing how much these guys are prepped). Might not be the best option if in fact he is adverse to cold weather. We have too many southern boys on the team now.

Yeah, screw him....I'm tired of these pussies that are afraid of the cold. And I know that's not exactly what he said, but dammit we have a guy on this team who literally freaked out and barracaded himself in his apartment when a little snow hit the ground. ENOUGH of that crap!! I want more guys like Lee Evans and Nate Clements - guys who went to cold weather schools and/or grew up in a cold weather climate and don't whine like a little baby about it!

And something else....I know this sounds stupid too....but you know what one of my favorite movie sequences of all time is? The part in Rocky IV where Stallone lands his plane in Russia. Pauly gets out, starts whining like the aforementioned player on our football team, and Rocky just looks at him.....stares right through him and puts Pauly in his place. The next ten mins are some awesome, inspiring scenes where Rocky is just utilizing as many aspects of the elements as he can to turn himself into the toughest sumbtich on planet earth. Fifteen feet of snow on the ground?? WHO CARES! I'm gonna jog through this sh-- anyway. Twenty below zero outside? SCREW IT! I'm gonna go chop wood ALL FRICKIN DAY LONG!!

THAT'S the kind of player we need on this team!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, i heard his combine press conference.  They guy sounded like he was reading a teleprompter (which probably isnt far from the truth knowing how much these guys are prepped).  Might not be the best option if in fact he is adverse to cold weather.  We have too many southern boys on the team now.

662373[/snapback]

great job with the reading comprehension.

"I know I can handle the snow if I end up in Buffalo or Detroit" sure sounds like he is averse to cold weather. :rolleyes:

Detroit plays in a dome;  in B'flo you have to brave the elements.

662440[/snapback]

Thank God for that, too....that's the way it ought to be. As far as I'm concerned, if we as fans can pay money to sit on iced-over seats in the middle of winter at the Ralph, then surely they can find a way to get paid millions to play in it w/out the whining.

Hell, some of our forefathers used to walk MILES in the freezing cold every single day just to get to school! :rolleyes:

great job with the reading comprehension.

"I know I can handle the snow if I end up in Buffalo or Detroit" sure sounds like he is averse to cold weather. :rolleyes:

662438[/snapback]

I don't still don't want him... any reason, whether perceived or not, to not draft Huff will be fine with me. I'm sure he is a great guy, just don't want him on the Bills. :D

Yeah, screw him....I'm tired of these pussies that are afraid of the cold. And I know that's not exactly what he said, but dammit we have a guy on this team who literally freaked out and barracaded himself in his apartment when a little snow hit the ground. ENOUGH of that crap!!  I want more guys like Lee Evans and Nate Clements - guys who went to cold weather schools and/or grew up in a cold weather climate and don't whine like a little baby about it!

662377[/snapback]

Sorry, gotta disagree. We need to take Huff. Screw the lines! I know that Huff is somewhat bigger than Parrish, but he sounds like he could make a great see-saw partner for him. What an exercise regimen! Maybe they could interest Peerless Price in a little "ring around the rosie."

Please be warned however, Huff may go early. Maybe we should swap 1sts with a team that picks before us to make sure we get him. We can throw in a 2nd and a 5th, buy Huff a wig so his hair flops all over the place, and teach him to give screaming high fives to confused, unimpressed veteran NFL players.

In other words, can we forget about little people just one time, and draft some big, strong football players who are not shivering in their boots.....in April? :rolleyes:

Enjoy the holidays Bro. :D

Sorry, gotta disagree. We need to take Huff. Screw the lines! I know that Huff is somewhat bigger than Parrish, but he sounds like he could make a great see-saw partner for him. What an exercise regimen! Maybe they could interest Peerless Price in a little "ring around the rosie."

Please be warned however, Huff may go early. Maybe we should swap 1sts with a team that picks before us to make sure we get him. We can throw in a 2nd and a 5th, buy Huff a wig so his hair flops all over the place, and teach him to give screaming high fives to confused, unimpressed veteran NFL players.

In other words, can we forget about little people just one time, and draft some big, strong football players who are not shivering in their boots.....in April?  :rolleyes:

Enjoy the holidays Bro.  0:)

662452[/snapback]

LOL! :D

Happy Easter to you too :blink:

Yeah Detroit plays in a dome--but let's be honest. You are playing in bad weather maybe 3 games in Buffalo in December. 45-50 degrees in the fall is not cold weather. The weather in Detroit and Minnesota are the same as Buffalo. So they play in a dome, big deal. You still live in the cold and a whole 3 days out of 365 are different because you play in a dome not outside.

I agree with finding guys who are not afraid of the cold weather. News flash--if you want to play in the NFL (3 NYS teams, New England, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cinci, Phila, Chicago, Detroit, GB, Minnesota, etccc) odds are you are going someplace cold. You're season is over in January so go down to south Florida for the next 2-3 months. But it does seem these guys are ill-eqiped to deal with it and B word and whine about it. Find Big 10, ND,etc.. guys who can deal with it and are used to it.

Yeah Detroit plays in a dome--but let's be honest.  You are playing in bad weather maybe 3 games in Buffalo in December.  45-50 degrees in the fall is not cold weather.  The weather in Detroit and Minnesota are the same as Buffalo.  So they play in a dome, big deal.  You still live in the cold and a whole 3 days out of 365 are different because you play in a dome not outside. 

I agree with finding guys who are not afraid of the cold weather.  News flash--if you want to play in the NFL (3 NYS teams, New England, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cinci, Phila, Chicago, Detroit, GB, Minnesota, etccc) odds are you are going someplace cold.  You're season is over in January so go down to south Florida for the next 2-3 months.  But it does seem these guys are ill-eqiped to deal with it and B word and whine about it.  Find Big 10, ND,etc.. guys who can deal with it and are used to it.

663349[/snapback]

I'm not disagreeing with your post at all, but 3 games is almost 20% of the entire season! But beyond that, it's not just cold weather and snow....it's the elements period. I feel that's the way that football should be played, and I think that's why there has only been one dome team to win the superbowl. I don't want to watch football in a dome, and I don't think the players should want to play in one either.

Can we get a list going of present and past Bills players that grew up and went to university in warm or cold climates and their success, or lack of, with the Bills... I`ll start:

Doug Flutie, Boston-raised, BC-schooled, success

OJ Simpson, SoCal-raised, USC, success

Jim Kelly, Western PA-raised, UMiami, success

I want to see if there is significance in drafting cold-weather guys... help me out with the list (research needed for where raised)

Can we get a list going of present and past Bills players that grew up and went to university in warm or cold climates and their success, or lack of, with the Bills... I`ll start:

Doug Flutie, Boston-raised, BC-schooled, success

OJ Simpson, SoCal-raised, USC, success

Jim Kelly, Western PA-raised, UMiami, success

I want to see if there is significance in drafting cold-weather guys... help me out with the list (research needed for where raised)

663381[/snapback]

I think that would be interesting to look at, too. Of course, I don't care if they are warm weather players as long as they don't whine and B word about playing in a little cold weather. Favre was born and raised in Mississippi, yet he's like the king of cold weather when it comes to football. Who has it 'worse' than GB??? If they can play football outside in Green Bay in December, then you can play it ANYWHERE. It might not even be a weather thing....it might just be the fact that some guys are tough and some guys aren't.