Nick Saban story...

SDS

Listening to Tony Kornheiser on the way home today, I heard Dan LeBatard speak about all things Miami.

He relayed a story that Saban has issued an order that NO ONE say hi to him in the office. A memo was issued to all employees not to greet or talk to the coach. Well, some "sweet woman" apparently forgot - said "hello" to him and she was fired. She now works for Dan Marino's Foundation....

Dan also stated that JJ lost his interest in coaching when he looked down into his mother's casket and wondered WTF he was doing with his life.

um....is this an article from thebrushback.com?

that sounds pretty harsh.

661047[/snapback]

I was looking for the hyperbole, but it seemed serious. Especially when he mention that the lady now works for Marino.

Listening to Tony Kornheiser on the way home today, I heard Dan Levitar speak about all things Miami.

He relayed a story that Saban has issued an order that NO ONE say hi to him in the office.  A memo was issued to all employees not to greet or talk to the coach.  Well, some "sweet woman" apparently forgot - said "hello" to him and she was fired.  She now works for Dan Marino's Foundation....

661042[/snapback]

My cousin was an assistant for him at Michigan State. I asked him about him and he said, "If you can't say something nice...."

Listening to Tony Kornheiser on the way home today, I heard Dan Levitar speak about all things Miami.

He relayed a story that Saban has issued an order that NO ONE say hi to him in the office.  A memo was issued to all employees not to greet or talk to the coach.  Well, some "sweet woman" apparently forgot - said "hello" to him and she was fired.  She now works for Dan Marino's Foundation....

Dan also stated that JJ lost his interest in coaching when he looked down into his mother's casket and wondered WTF he was doing with his life.

661042[/snapback]

What a douche. BTW, is Dan Levitar a different guy than Dan LeBatard?

What a douche.  BTW, is Dan Levitar a different guy than Dan LeBatard?

661086[/snapback]

Whenever I see LeBatard's name my mind "dyslexes" it out to Dan LeBastard. Then I chuckle to myself. And that's followed by a sense of what a pathetic life I must live to get a chuckle out of something like that, especially considering my own last name... :P

Whenever I see LeBatard's name my mind "dyslexes" it out to Dan LeBastard.  Then I chuckle to myself.  And that's followed by a sense of what a pathetic life I must live to get a chuckle out of something like that, especially considering my own last name...  :P

661091[/snapback]

Well, he does cover the Dolphins, doesn't he? That makes him a bastard in my book. :D

Whenever I see LeBatard's name my mind "dyslexes" it out to Dan LeBastard.  Then I chuckle to myself.  And that's followed by a sense of what a pathetic life I must live to get a chuckle out of something like that, especially considering my own last name...  :P

661091[/snapback]

Gross, indeed.

I think the EXACT same thing when i read LeBatard...funny. And, I always think it's Levitar when I hear it on the radio. After reading Fearless Leader's post, I thought there might be two different guys, Levitar and LeBatard...but, I 'm pretty sure "they" are both "LeBastard".

But he's the modern day Lombardi.  :P  I am really starting to hate the Dolphins again and it feels good.  Here's to Miami being the most overrated team in the NFL next year.  :D

661101[/snapback]

As long as the bills dont turn out to be the most over rated team in the NFL this year by some how falling short of their predicted 5-11 record by 4 games.

But he's the modern day Lombardi.  :P  I am really starting to hate the Dolphins again and it feels good.  Here's to Miami being the most overrated team in the NFL next year.  :D

661101[/snapback]

I agree!! Here's to us finally having someone to really despise again to heat the rivalry back up a little bit

Thanks, Scott. I love hearing stories about Saban. I respect him as a coach but I think he brings serious trainwreck potential to the fins. He's one of those unique personalities that's part all-focus, part !@#$, and part self-absorbed weirdo. It's something I'd love to see. As mediocre a coach as I believe Mularkey was/is, he's a great guy. A guy I'd be happy to know. Saban comes off as a guy I'd love to throw eggs at.

A guy I'd love to see lose games and blow up and fire people in an explosion of misdirected blame. The guy loves himself, and it's evident in every conversation I've ever seen.

Whenever I see LeBatard's name my mind "dyslexes" it out to Dan LeBastard.  Then I chuckle to myself.  And that's followed by a sense of what a pathetic life I must live to get a chuckle out of something like that, especially considering my own last name...  :doh:

661091[/snapback]

We have finally reached common ground. :huh: