bang bang thump bump bang

So here I sit on the computer while 10 guys are up abve on my steep roof doing a complete tearoff and plywood is cut and nailed on with water barrier. Lots of steep roof with cedar shakes and 2 layers of asphalt shingles which makes for a lot of labor and 15,000 total bill.

Good part is we are getting a 110mph 50 year shingle which is good. I came home from work today to find about 10 mexicans working on my roof....I must say they are hard workers....they have taken no lunch break and only a stop or two once in a while to smoke on the ground. I am not sure how I feel about it given todays news about immigration and what not......

I was told by the owner they are all company employees and not subcontracted out. The job is going pretty speedy due to 2 crews working on my roof due to a hole in their production schedule. Anyway, I went through a site called servicemagic.com which matched me up with prescreened roofing contractors. Prescreened for liability, bbb membership, legal cleanliness etc.....and I think it is good. Check it out if you need any home improvement.

That's the beauty of illegals. Low overhead because...

- no need for workman's comp

- no need for 20-minute breaks every two freakin' hours because they're so fatigued from the last two hours of work

- 30 minute lunch off the back of a roach coach

- if they fall off you're roof, they won't sue anyone

- they can't speak English so they can't argue with you

- no unions

Just work, work, work and go home with money in their pocket, never once bitchin' about how they are tired of bustin' hump for "the man."

Illegals rock.

So here I sit on the computer while 10 guys are up abve on my steep roof doing a complete tearoff and plywood is cut and nailed on with water barrier.  Lots of steep roof with cedar shakes and 2 layers of asphalt shingles  which makes for a lot of labor and 15,000 total bill. 

658029[/snapback]

Jesus Christ! That's exactly what I'll need done in a few years. Original shakes are still on the roof with two layers over top. Strip down, playwood, water barrier and shingles. Now I know how much I've got to start saving.

That's the beauty of illegals. Low overhead because...

- no need for workman's comp

- no need for 20-minute breaks every two freakin' hours because they're so fatigued from the last two hours of work

- 30 minute lunch off the back of a roach coach

- if they fall off you're roof, they won't sue anyone

- they can't speak English so they can't argue with you

- no unions

Just work, work, work and go home with money in their pocket, never once bitchin' about how they are tired of bustin' hump for "the man."

Illegals rock.

658082[/snapback]

Then when they do get sick or their kid needs stitches, they go to the ER... Without a dime in their pocket...

Like the old Fram commercial:

"You can pay me know or you can always pay me later."

wish i could find some around here for my deck work .

658086[/snapback]

My mom hired the Amish to do her roof, replace a door and build a porch. She bought all the materials, they spent two weeks there and it was only $5,000. She had to go pick them up in the morning and drive them home, but I still think that was cheap.

My mom hired the Amish to do her roof, replace a door and build a porch. She bought all the materials, they spent two weeks there and it was only $5,000. She had to go pick them up in the morning and drive them home, but I still think that was cheap.

658697[/snapback]

The Amish are stealing jobs from Americans! :P

The Amish are stealing jobs from Americans!  :P

658702[/snapback]

Let's organize a protest.

Of course, our platform is that we need to build a wall around Pennsylvania. Tell them to take their Apple Butter and go back to where they came from.