R. Rich

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he's Mr Kipper.

657907[/snapback]

I guess he didn't pick up on the part where I was pretty well whole heartedly agreeing with him. But, I can't speak for anyone's understanding of nuances and editorial commentary. It's all about the confrontation.

I guess he didn't pick up on the part where I was pretty well whole heartedly agreeing with him. But, I can't speak for anyone's understanding of nuances and editorial commentary. It's all about the confrontation.

657913[/snapback]

And, like I said in the same thread-these are all hopelessly redundant statements, so I'll shut up now until I can think of a new angle.

Oh yeah this sounds like you are agreeing with my post. Nevermind man we are beating this to death.

After they draft Vince Young in the first ;), they should look to address the lines the rest of the draft.

657863[/snapback]

You lost credit on this statement. What are you going to do with the current QBs in our roster? We already have three QBs and two of them are project-in-progress.

Being an FSU fan, I really like what I see out of Brodrique Bunkley. He seems to be a player that would fit well in the Bills new defensive scheme. However, I don't think he's worth the 8th overall, but he would be a steal in the second. Other than him, I'm not really excited about any other DT's (other than Ngata).

657895[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but this is the stupidest comment I have ever heard. So you don't think he is worth the #8 pick, but you think he's worth our 2nd round pick? Bunkley won't go any lower than #13. I wouldn't mind us taking Justice or Bunkley with the #8 pick. With our 2nd pick I would love to get McCargo, the DT from N.C. State. R. Wright has problems with effort, and is all potential. I don't really want players who didn't perform that well in college but their names are known because they have "potential".

You wanna be the 8th overall pick in the draft?

657944[/snapback]

No, me.

ME!!!

I want to be the 8th overall pick in the draft.

Give me a few minutes so I can post the reasons why to something that can be Googled.

Google is good. Never lies and always comes up with the best answer when you hit get lucky.

I agree there are a lot of DT's in this draft. I wouldnt mind seeing McCargo in a bills uni next seaosn, or a trade down for bunkley. or just bunkley at #8 would make me happy as well.

Say NO to Ngata. IF we wanted a lard ass with motivation problems on the d-line, we would have kept sam adams.

We are very weak in a number of places. We are desperately weak in one...defensive tackle. Trade down if necessary but we need a defensive tackle who can start and that means Ngata or Bunkley. After that you are really rolling the dice. I don't see much choice at 8 or at our first trade down pick.

We are very weak in a number of places.  We are desperately weak in one...defensive tackle.  Trade down if necessary but we need a defensive tackle who can start and that means Ngata or Bunkley.  After that you are really rolling the dice.  I don't see much choice at 8 or at our first trade down pick.

658154[/snapback]

I sometimes have to pee. You too? The girls won't miss us. Really.

I think we could find a very good DT later on in the draft if Ngata is not the option in the first.  I wouldn't mind seeing Gabe Watson, Babatunde Oshinowo, Jesse Mahelona, or John McCargo being drafted by the Bills.  Too bad we don't play a 3-4, as a guy like Rodrique Wright would be a great fit as a DE in a 3-4.  I wouldn't want him as a 4-3 DT, though.

657841[/snapback]

Jesse Mahelona might end being a good player in the NFL. But with Ngata's strength stopping the run, hopefully he will be our first pick in round one.

My Ourlads guide arrived today. Now I'm an expert on all the players. :lol:

Ngata got a fair grade but his profile had several red flags. These are retired scouts who actually know what they're looking at. Not some internet draft site from virgins living in their Moms basement.

It's kinda foolish to hold an entire university responsible for one player's failings, especially one that is coming off a national championship season.  Wright, in my opinion, could make the transition to DE in a 3-4 and be effective, something like RICHard Seymour did for the Pats.  I just don't believe he'll be an impact DT in the pros.  I could be wrong on that, but I just feel he's better off @ end in the 3-4.

657860[/snapback]

Well, there was Johnny "Lamb" Jones too.

:pirate: Though he hurt the jests which in tern helped us :lol: which makes it a good thing. Don't it? :devil:

My Ourlads guide arrived today. Now I'm an expert on all the players.  :lol:

Ngata got a fair grade but his profile had several red flags. These are retired scouts who actually know what they're looking at. Not some internet draft site from virgins living in their Moms basement.

658225[/snapback]

I thought Rich moved out?

R. Wright has problems with effort, and is all potential.  I don't really want players who didn't perform that well in college but their names are known because they have "potential".

658065[/snapback]

Wright's problem is more that he has failed to live up to his own numbers. He had a good freshman year when he got 4.5 sacks and went on to have an outstanding sophmore season earning 7.5 sacks. He failed to reproduce those numbers as a junior or senior and now people question which numbers represent the real Wright. While's it's probably a combination most will focus more on his last two seasons since they're the freshest in their minds. I've seen comparisons to Kevin Williams who went 9th overall to the Vikings a few years ago, if true he'd make a great one gap DT and great value if he falls past the first round to some team willing to take the risk.

Other pluses for Wright:

-He's a mixture of power and quickness (something we're building to every position)

-He's interested in proving the scouts wrong

-He's more experienced than most of the DT's above him