Masters Week - one of the best weeks of the year

todd

Who will win the masters this week?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the masters this week?

• Chris DiMarco
    • Tiger
    • Phil
    • Ernie
    • Sergio
    • Stephen Ames
    • Retief Goosen
    • Vijay Singh
    • David Toms
    • Other

I hear ya Todd,,,

The Masters is great and I can't wait to get home to see the highlights on USA...

Mom lived near Augusta several years ago and they went to the par 3 on Wed..< When tickets were available >....and her comment was the TV does not capture 1/10th of how hilly and beautiful the place is...

I'm not a golf buff, but I find Hootie Johnson (and those of his ilk) so horribly repulsive, it's hard for me to give the Masters' its due.

654683[/snapback]

Do you feel the same way about Hootie and the Blowfish?

I'm not a golf buff, but I find Hootie Johnson (and those of his ilk) so horribly repulsive, it's hard for me to give the Masters' its due.

654683[/snapback]

Not sure what you mean about him and his ilk. What do you mean?

great event, but i hate how they continually destroy that course year in and year out. The modifications they made are finally starting to take something away from playing at augusta.

653176[/snapback]

Nonsense. I was there on Tuesday for practice day and the players were adjusting to the extra length without too much problem.

I spent a lot of time on 13, since it's my favorite hole on the course. It was more difficult to hit the green in two with the tee box pushed back to its new location, and shorter hitters were forced to lay up to avoid the creek. But IMO, I'd rather see a more difficult challenge, where a guy really has to take a chance to hit a perfect second shot to the green rather than everyone hitting 9-irons on their second, which takes away the skill differential for guys at this level.

The course was immaculate and should be fair for most all of the players, even the shorter ones.

great event, but i hate how they continually destroy that course year in and year out. The modifications they made are finally starting to take something away from playing at augusta.

653176[/snapback]

Au contraire. Had they not done anything with the course, the masters would have been ruined, IMO.

went to the par 3 on Wed..< When tickets were available >....and her comment was the TV does not capture 1/10th of how hilly and beautiful the place is...

654655[/snapback]

You can submit your name for a practice ticket lottery. Between my Dad and I we have managed 4 tickets to at least one day 5 out of the past 6 years. Usually we end up with 4 tickets for two days (Mon & Wed this year :) ) This year was th enicest weather I can remember. Usually rains during the practice rounds.

The course is immaculate, walking on the grass is like walking on expensive carpet and the landscaping is so pristine it looks fake. As an added bonus, beer is dirt cheap for a sporting event ($2.50).

I love the Masters. My favorite golf tournament, and other than the Super Bowl my favorite sporting event.

653040[/snapback]

Final Four, followed by baseball's Opening Day, followed by the Masters...together with the coming of good weather...a great week indeed.

Master's Pick: David Howell

The course is immaculate, walking on the grass is like walking on expensive carpet and the landscaping is so pristine it looks fake. As an added bonus, beer is dirt cheap for a sporting event ($2.50).

655213[/snapback]

Damn! That's like bar prices. I'd be great to walk around the course all day watching those guys play while pounding beers!