Who would you rather have

I've heard a lot of bad things about Winston Justice. The one thing that keeps popping up is questionable maturity and poor decision making (both on and off the field). He's got all the physical talent in the world (maybe even more than D'Brick) but his brain leaves a lot to be desired.

I dont know, I'd pass on him...we can still land a starting OT in the 2nd round with our high pick.

My sense is:

1. There will be no definite gamebreaker picks avaiable to the Bills at #8 (ie OL players at even possible Boselli levels or DL players at possible Bruce Smith level). The only even seemingly poassible best ever at his position he might (but proabably won't fall is Vernon Davis at TE.

2. Fortunately, though this draft is quite unlikely to gove is a gamebrealer at #8 it appears to be a deep draft where reasonable potential first year starters may even be available in the third round.

Unless there is such a clear drop-off between the best player available at the time of our pick and the players available next time we pick, I think we can comfortably let need drive us a bit more than it usually does in a draft where choosing one or the other approach is simply a false dichotomy. Any NFL team which does not weigh both factors and take them into account appropriately is simply stupid/

In the case of this question, unless the BAP is so head and shoulders above the second choice or above other players, the draft is such a crap shoot that almost every time I think you take two potential bood players over 1 potentially very good playetr.

D'Brick seems to be head and shoulders above the other LTs in this draft so the Bills would be happy to have him. but as one scout apparently said they think he is Levi Jones good rather than Tony Boseeli good.

Particulary given our many needs I think you yake a Buncjley and Justice over getting a D;Brick alone.

Even if D'Brick plays well you lose badly anyway and next year is a rebuilding year rather than building off the substantial progress we are more likely to make if both D and D holes are improved.

None of the above!  Trade down as far as possible, get as many picks as possible, and fill the OL/DL holes now!  We can't afford any more expensive first round busts.

650536[/snapback]

Exactly! By trading down, we can acquire most of the league's picks in the 6th and 7th round! Then we wont have to worry about drafting a possible first round bust!

we are enamoured with the ppl who we are familiar with, but no matter who it is i like the idea of trading down and getting the best bigman available with each pick in the 1st round. we could grap Safety/LB as well as more big men in the 2nd and 3rd too.

While we're talking about other players and where they'll go, I really like Bing from USC at S. His pri day numbers were good and I saw him play when they played us here and he is one hell of a player. When do you see him going? We need at least 2 OL in the first 4 rds, 1 DT and 1 S in my opinion

i'd be happy with a solid OT and OG in round 1, or perhaps DT and OG, or whatever (assuming a trade down)

there are about 4 Gs, 2 Cs, 3-5 OTs, 6 DEs, and 2-5 DTs worth taking at some point in the first 50 picks or so.

if we trade down and get more picks i'll be happy. we don't have to get bunkley and whoever, but if we get a quality guy with each i'd be thrilled