Bills to Move to LA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is also missing is that while Ralph earns 36.  That would quickly be eaten up in loan payments etc... if the team was purchased by someone else.  That someone else is going to have to raise revenue, by a lot, to make up the difference.  As hard as the Bills have it now selling out , how ill it be when the tickets are twice as much, or to get lower bowls you have to sign a 5 year leasing agreement.  Plus beer is 10 bucks a glass and they still don't have fried bologna.

647108[/snapback]

Have you been to a movie lately. Popcorn and Coke $15...the beer is a bargain

I'm just putting myself in the shoes of an NFL owner:

1) I vote to let the Bills move to LA and let their new owner reap the benefits or...

2) I vote for an expansion team in LA that will carry a franchise fee in the hundreds of millions of dollars to be split amongst me and my fellow owners.

Gee, which way should I vote????

Fahgetaboutit. No current owner is gonna get to move into LA. It'll be an expansion team and Tags' last hoorah.

I know this 'cause Soprano told me :doh:

As Posted on Pro Football Talk

BILLS A PRIME CANDIDATE FOR L.A?

In response to our story regarding the possible candidates for a move to Los Angeles, one league source has advised us that he believes the Buffalo Bills are a prime candidate to ultimately fill the market that was vacated more than a decade ago by the Raiders and the Rams.

"Their owner is 88 years old," said the source. "The team will be sold when he dies. Their lease is very easy to get out of, and the economy of Buffalo and ability for the team to make money outside of ticket sales is probably the worst in the league. Their season ticket base may be the worst in the league."

As we said earlier on Thursday, one of the current teams will make the move, possibly by the end of the decade.

If the team that moves is the Bills, we wonder whether the franchise will change its nickname. While even suggesting such a thing likely constitutes a second-degree felony within the greater Buffalo area, "Los Angeles Bills" just doesn't sound right.

Sure, the NBA's Lakers kept their name when they moved from the land of 10,000 of inland bodies of water to the land of 10,000 pockets of smog, but the "L" thing made it sound okay. Maybe the Bills become the "Los Angeles Buffaloes" or the "L.A. Bulls" or something close to the current name. Or maybe they go the way of the Oilers, which became the Titans after the team moved to Tennessee.

Regardless, the franchise currently known as the Buffalo Bills should be considered as a possible candidate for a move to Los Angeles -- and that unfortunately could mean the disappearance of a very important aspect of the league's history.

Mike Florio was professionially humiliated by TD in the past, forced to make retractions. He has had an obvious slant against all things Buffalo since. I know it's an impossible request, but I really wish he and profootballtalk.com would be ignored here, it is obviously tainted material.

I had to finally go to that site PFT to see WTF it's all about.

About all I got out of it was:

Well now that The Tuna is out in Dullass because they brought in TO maybe Jerry Jones will hire Marv as his new HC.

I'm really keen on their mock draft with The Bills taking "Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina" over Michael Huff and Haloti Ngata.

Is Mike Florio related to the former governor of New Jersey by blood or by semen?

I had to finally go to that site PFT to see WTF it's all about.

About all I got out of it was:

Well now that The Tuna is out in Dullass because they brought in TO maybe Jerry Jones will hire Marv as his new HC.

I'm really keen on their mock draft with The Bills taking "Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina" over Michael Huff and Haloti Ngata.

Is Mike Florio related to the former governor of New Jersey by blood or by semen?

649246[/snapback]

no but April 1 might have sometihing to do with the Parcell's report.

I know I am in the extreme minority here...but I have kind of turned around on Florio...I look at it from the perspective that the site is mostly for entertainment and it is pretty funny...and every so often, he does hit on a rumor or two..it was a good source for example of legit information on the CBA negotiations.

Brad Riter has him on his show some..and I jumped on Brad's case a couple of months ago for doing it..but I apologize..as I became a more frequent reader and got the schtick -- its okay...with the proper caveats...