Bills will be forced to cut Moulds

Wouldn't you rather see us draft that rookie than have to claim him off waivers? Cutting Moulds = getting nothing for him except dead cap space. Marv is smart enough to trade Moulds when the time is right for the right price.

644297[/snapback]

It would seem to me that the "right time" to trade Moulds, if that is what the Bills want to do, would have been at the start of free agency, everyone had money to spend, and WR's were flying off the shelf. Now, there are only a handful of teams vying for Moulds services. It appears that Houston is the only one serious enough to make a trade. If the Bills don't like what Houston is offering, New England, Denver, KC and Philly will just sit back and wait for him to be cut. I think the Bills, unless they ultimately end up with Moulds back in Buffalo next season (their supposed desire) misplayed this pretty badly...we shall see. A fourth round pick would be nice, at this point...

I think you might see happen to Moulds what happened to Henry last year. We end up right after the draft trading him for a pick next year. Up till the draft, the benefit goes to the buyers as the Bills are working against a deadline and would want to get a pick for him so in theory might take less. After the draft, then the Bills can wait everyone out, so then may get a little higher pick in return.

I think you might see happen to Moulds what happened to Henry last year.  We end up right after the draft trading him for a pick next year.  Up till the draft, the benefit goes to the buyers as the Bills are working against a deadline and would want to get a pick for him so in theory might take less.  After the draft, then the Bills can wait everyone out, so then may get a little higher pick in return.

644535[/snapback]

Good point.

I think you might see happen to Moulds what happened to Henry last year.  We end up right after the draft trading him for a pick next year.  Up till the draft, the benefit goes to the buyers as the Bills are working against a deadline and would want to get a pick for him so in theory might take less.  After the draft, then the Bills can wait everyone out, so then may get a little higher pick in return.

644535[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but didn't we trade Henry right before training camp opened? If the Bills are so worried about saving money, they can't wait that long, or they will have to pay Moulds his huge bonus...Henry was making peanuts in comparison to what Moulds is scheduled to get...

I could be wrong, but didn't we trade Henry right before training camp opened?  If the Bills are so worried about saving money, they can't wait that long, or they will have to pay Moulds his huge bonus...Henry was making peanuts in comparison to what Moulds is scheduled to get...

644552[/snapback]

Moulds is not due a "huge" bonus.

According to reports, if there is a bonus, it is only $1 mil. The rest is salary which is not guaranteed until game 1.

The Bills need not hurry to make a move. Their best deal may actually come after a team loses a player to injury. Darrell Jackson is having problems with his knee again.

I fail to see where the bills are on the short end of the stick here.....

- The bills have more then enough cap room to keep him right where he is.....

- Refusal to play is only going to cost him money....both this season and in future seasons from future GM's

Eric WILL be traded for.....its all a chess match right now....truth be told the chess match might already be over and the detailes being worked out....

Oh... and Erics advisor can kiss my @ss

644494[/snapback]

Moulds will not refuse to play, instead he will be a distraction, play uninspired, and collect $7,000,000. He'll then be worth less in a trade next off-season and we will still owe him another $7,000,000 for 2007.

I hope he gets traded but I won't be suprised to see him cut before he collects his reporting bonus (whenever that is).

644535[/snapback]

The one difference was that the market was flooded with RBs last season -- and there was an unusual number of top prospects at the position in the draft too. Thus, it was a buyer's market for RBs, which is why Henry's trade value diminished. The situation is very different at WR this year. There really is no other top free agent WR out there at this point, and the draft is fairly weak at the position.

Moulds is not due a "huge" bonus.

According to reports, if there is a bonus, it is only $1 mil. The rest is salary which is not guaranteed until game 1.

644556[/snapback]

I would guess Ralph will want him off the roster before any bonus, even if his bonus is "only" a million dollars is paid out...

Stu Scott from ESPN has yet to weigh in on the EMoulds issue. These other guys mean squat. Stu Scott will have the 411 on what the deal-e-o and then he'll get BIG UPS for reporting it. BOO-YA!

Stu Scott is the only legendary sports broadcaster/commentator/reporter of our time.

I would guess Ralph will want him off the roster before any bonus, even if his bonus is "only" a million dollars is paid out...

644710[/snapback]

Bills would probably be willing to pay $1 mil if they could buy another day 1 draft pick-

I believe the new CBA has a new rule which prevents teams from doing what teh Eagles did with T.O. If a startng player is healthy and not suspended the team cannot simply deactivate them without cause.

644296[/snapback]

Easy enough to get around. Moulds, you're now the 7th string WR.

CW

Moulds will not refuse to play, instead he will be a distraction, play uninspired, and collect $7,000,000.  He'll then be worth less in a trade next off-season and we will still owe him another $7,000,000 for 2007. 

I hope he gets traded but I won't be suprised to see him cut before he collects his reporting bonus (whenever that is).

644598[/snapback]

Come on wagons....

I know we are all PO'd at him right now...but does that REALLY sound like Eric Moulds?

If he were to remain on the team he would play for his next contract and probably wouldn't be a distraction at all because he wont want that reputation.....

He is NOT Terrell Owens.....

I think he gets traded though....

Why release him?

644283[/snapback]

If we can get a pick for him, I agree. If not....here are some reasons:

1) He is old.

2) He has slowed considerably.

3) Cutting him would bring us approx. 5 mil in 06 cap space, and MORE in 07.

4) He quit on the Buffalo Bills Football Team against Miami.

5) He doesn't want to play for the Buffalo Bills.

6) He has ZERO stake in the long term interset of our franchise.

7) I am sick of quotes from his "advisors." Perhaps they should have advised him to pay child support for his children.

8) We need to see more of Evans, who has speed, finds the endzone, and cost us a 14th pick of a draft.

Other than this, it would be great to keep his old, whining ass. :unsure:

If we can get a pick for him, I agree. If not....here are some reasons:

1) He is old.

2) He has slowed considerably.

3) Cutting him would bring us approx. 5 mil in 06 cap space, and MORE in 07.

4) He quit on the Buffalo Bills Football Team against Miami.

5) He doesn't want to play for the Buffalo Bills.

6) He has ZERO stake in the long term interset of our franchise.

7) I am sick of quotes from his "advisors." Perhaps they should have advised him to pay child support for his children.

8) We need to see more of Evans, who has speed, finds the endzone, and cost us a 14th pick of a draft.

Other than this, it would be great to keep his old, whining ass.  :unsure:

644762[/snapback]

I must say as harsh as this post may come off, it is pretty much dead on.

I have a Moulds jersey, he had a very nice run for the Bills. But it is CLEARLY time to move on, even if that means cutting EM and getting no picks.

Question about compensation: If the Bills do cut EM and he plays well for another team and the Bills do not replace him, can the Bills earn compensation? Im a novice when it comes to compenstation, just wondering

I must say as harsh as this post may come off, it is pretty much dead on.

I have a Moulds jersey, he had a very nice run for the Bills.  But it is CLEARLY time to move on, even if that means cutting EM and getting no picks.

Question about compensation:  If the Bills do cut EM and he plays well for another team and the Bills do not replace him, can the Bills earn compensation?  Im a novice when it comes to compenstation, just wondering

644766[/snapback]

No. Comp picks are awarded to teams that lose UFAs who have played out their option, NOT players that were cut.

Come on wagons....

I know we are all PO'd at him right now...but does that REALLY sound like Eric Moulds?

If he were to remain on the team he would play for his next contract and probably wouldn't be a distraction at all because he wont want that reputation.....

He is NOT Terrell Owens.....

I think he gets traded though....

644757[/snapback]

I'm not a huge anti-Moulds fan - I have his jersey, but I would not characterize him as a "high character" guy, expecially over the last couple of years. Besides the "incident" in Miami last year, he has been complaining about "his" QB problems limiting his career and apparently actively campaigning for one of the QBs to start. In addition, I don't remember reading anything about Moulds working with our young receivers or QB in the off-season to help improve the team. I think Moulds is all about Moulds. I don't think it's unusual, in fact I think it's typical of NFL players.

In no way would I compare Moulds to Owens. That doesn't mean that I think the Bills should plan on Moulds as an asset on the roster this year. I can't believe Moulds would be in favor of either of the young QBs on our roster or performing in the #2 role.

I also hope he gets traded - but I don't think anyone but some Bills fans think there is any chance he will be on our roster this year.

I believe the new CBA has a new rule which prevents teams from doing what teh Eagles did with T.O. If a startng player is healthy and not suspended the team cannot simply deactivate them without cause.

644296[/snapback]

Enforcing such a rule would seem to be very difficult. Couldn't the Bills simply say that they believed their other WRs gave them a better chance to win? Yeah, we may all think its BS, but how do you prove it? You can't.

Enforcing such a rule would seem to be very difficult.  Couldn't the Bills simply say that they believed their other WRs gave them a better chance to win?  Yeah,  we may all think its BS,  but how do you prove it?  You can't.

644953[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the rule is meant to prevent the Bills from not paying Moulds. They don't have to PLAY him but they have to PAY him.