Interest now up to 8 teams

scribo

KFFL reports...

Bills | Eight teams interested in Moulds

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:41:52 -0800

Frank Schwab, of the Colorado Springs Gazette, reports eight teams have shown interest in free agent WR Eric Moulds (Bills). However, Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal adviser, said working out a trade will be difficult because both the Bills and Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation. The team would likely want to work out a new contract before trading for him as well.

It will only be difficult if Moulds and his goons make it difficult. This, IMHO, is EM's personal adviser further positioning in the media, trying to get his client released so he can walk away with his bonus from Buffalo and get a new one from another team. I am confident that Marv is much too smart to let that happen.

I really want to know which teams "have shown interest." I want to know how he defines interest. Not hanging up when Johnson calls is not showing interest.

Supposedly the Broncos are interested. I'd guess that the NYG are interested, since they just lost out on Keyshawn. Remember that the Bears were willing to throw a lot of money Randle El's way. Probably both NE and Miami would be interested. The 49ers need a WR in the worst kind of way. The Chiefs have been needing a playmaker at WR for a long time. The Packers could be desperate if Walker is serious about holding out. We've said all along that EM would be a perfect fit for the Eagles.

I have no doubt that there are 8 or more interested teams. And this year's WR draft class is not supposed to be one of the better ones either.

"working out a trade will be difficult because both the Bills and Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation."

Wow! Both the Bills AND the team that wants Moulds will have to decide on which draft pick!

Um - isn't that like all trades? :blush:

How do I become a personal advisor?

"working out a trade will be difficult because both the Bills and Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation."

Wow! Both the Bills AND the team that wants Moulds will have to decide on which draft pick!

Um - isn't that like all trades?  :lol:

641545[/snapback]

Exactly. I think the sticking point is the last line -

The team would likely want to work out a new contract before trading for him as well.

Moulds probably has teams offering him less than what the Bills are.

Um - isn't that like all trades? 

641545[/snapback]

no sh--...that was a brilliant observation on their part...oh and to become a personal advisor, you really have to be a somebody first...

KFFL reports...

It will only be difficult if Moulds and his goons make it difficult. This, IMHO, is EM's personal adviser further positioning in the media, trying to get his client released so he can walk away with his bonus from Buffalo and get a new one from another team. I am confident that Marv is much too smart to let that happen.

I really want to know which teams "have shown interest." I want to know how he defines interest. Not hanging up when Johnson calls is not showing interest.

641487[/snapback]

Who cares what Moulds gets somewhere else. That doesn't affect us.

Two of the eight teams are probably the Giants and Seahawks. Both of them were in the Keyshawn sweapstakes, so I think it's a safe bet that they have expressed interest in Moldy.

I am still convinced that if we can get a 3rd round pick for him, TAKE IT AND RUN! Not only would we unload a 32 year old receiver with a 'tude, we would also get another day 1 pick in a very deep draft, as well as unload a nice chunk of money off this year and next year.

Two of the eight teams are probably the Giants and Seahawks.  Both of them were in the Keyshawn sweapstakes, so I think it's a safe bet that they have expressed interest in Moldy.

I am still convinced that if we can get a 3rd round pick for him, TAKE IT AND RUN!  Not only would we unload a 32 year old receiver with a 'tude, we would also get another day 1 pick in a very deep draft, as well as unload a nice chunk of money off this year and next year.

641655[/snapback]

I think a second round pick would be good, a first rounder would be great but probably unrealistic. Eric Moulds is going to succeed anywhere he goes.

Two of the eight teams are probably the Giants and Seahawks.  Both of them

I am still convinced that if we can get a 3rd round pick for him, TAKE IT AND RUN! 

641655[/snapback]

I don't think anyone here is conviced any otherwise, just maybe doubtful that we can get that for him....

if this is true, a 3rd rounder might actually be possible, i said a 5th the other day, but 8 is a lot of teams, this might turn out ok

641511[/snapback]

Despite what some of you think of Moulds at this point, if KC signed him, he'd be the best wide receiver they had in years.

Despite what some of you think of Moulds at this point, if KC signed him, he'd be the best wide receiver they had in years.

641762[/snapback]

Aint that the truth!

if this is true, a 3rd rounder might actually be possible, i said a 5th the other day, but 8 is a lot of teams, this might turn out ok

641511[/snapback]

A 2nd rounder is possible if there are 8 teams interested.

Guest dog14787
KFFL reports...

641487[/snapback]

I wonder if the Saints have any interest in Moulds, or if Levy would pull the trigger if given the chance at Vince Young. I know it makes no sense, but could you pass him up? The kid has greatness written all over him. I'm not taking away from the QB's we have because I still like Losman, but the future bargaining power could come back two fold if we somehow managed to bring a guy like Young in. We have to face the fact that we are rebuilding again, the QB position is critical to our future success. Am I just daydreaming guys? :lol: