Interest now up to 8 teams

scribo

Bill--get out your crystal ball...what can we get for EM?  I say 4th or 5th.

641508[/snapback]

6 blue marbles, a pack a gum, and someone's little brother's bottlecap collection.

If they throw in the ant farm, I think that will pretty much make it fair.

Marv Levy should of handled this from the start, not letting EM and his agent seek a trade. Best way to do it is have all interested teams submit their best offer. Marv picks the best offer and see ya'. Takes all of 3 minutes. EM and his new team can worry about his new contract.

Marv Levy should of handled this from the start, not letting EM and his agent seek a trade. Best way to do it is have all interested teams submit their best offer. Marv picks the best offer and see ya'. Takes all of 3 minutes. EM and his new team can worry about his new contract.

641995[/snapback]

I'm sure Marv tried - nobody wants to trade for Moulds with his current contract. How can Marv make a trade when every other GM wants to know Moulds salary expectations.

Marv: How about a 3rd for Moulds?

Every other GM: Interesting, but not at his current contract. What's he asking for?

Marv: He wants us to honor his current contract, so about $6,000,000

Every other GM: (crickets chirping)

641995[/snapback]

Gotta disagree. Any trade will involve a contract re-do, which makes having EM's agent deeply involved in the process essential. Let Eric and his advisors do all the work to hammer out something that works so Marv can spend more time addressing other aspects of rebuilding the team, like familiarizing himself with the draft prospects, looking at mid-level FAs and other player evaluation activities.

It will only be difficult if Moulds and his goons make it difficult. This, IMHO, is EM's personal adviser further positioning in the media, trying to get his client released so he can walk away with his bonus from Buffalo and get a new one from another team. I am confident that Marv is much too smart to let that happen.

I really want to know which teams "have shown interest." I want to know how he defines interest. Not hanging up when Johnson calls is not showing interest.

641487[/snapback]

Voice of reason. Johnson's Drew Rosenhaus imitation needs some work.

For reference: Chargers gave up a 3rd and 6th-round pick for Keenan McCardell. If one of the WR-poor teams gets desperate enough, I could see a #3 for Moulds.