A little Marv/Ralph bashing by Foxsports.com

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if posted already, but  didnt see it. See item #6 in the article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5438096

641371[/snapback]

These people have no idea what they are talking about. It seems like they're trying to say that were a contender this year. :blush::lol: I don't think so. This year is a rebuilding year, and the fans around here know that. I don't believe a thing Foxsports says. Foxsports is only good if your looking a fantasy football predictions.

First off, the money paid to Nall is not big. It is back-up money and no more. Yes, the Bills have said they will allow Nall to compete for the starting job, but that is just what the current situation dictates. I do not see how any pro columnist could honest say telling a guy, no matter who he is, that he has a chance to compete for the starting job is the craziest move of the offseason. This columnist has lost all creditability with me.

These people have no idea what they are talking about.  It seems like they're trying to say that were a contender this year. :blush:  :lol:   I don't think so.  This year is a rebuilding year, and the fans around here know that.  I don't believe a thing Foxsports says.  Foxsports is only good if your looking a fantasy football predictions.

641402[/snapback]

really, i'd have to say the patriots losing vinateri will have little or no bearing on their chances to make the playoffs or win a super bowl

if anything it might be smart by bill b. cause why overpay for a guy who has shown indications he's past his prime missing a big clutch kick against the broncos in the playoffs

i think reporters just need some filler when the nfl season is so far away and bashing the bills brass seems to be status quo or in vogue

I guarantee you if Green Bay re-signed him for the exact same contract and offered him a shot at the starting job if Favre retired, there would be no coverage on this. People might actually say it was a smart move since he's shown some good talent in his short NFL career.

But its SOOOOO easy to make fun of old people, and honestly I expect this type of thing to continue until the Bills show up on the field and silence their critics (any decade now...)

It's slightly off topic, but Adam V. has been the 2nd most valuable player on the Patriots over the last 5 years. Missing one kick against the broncos does not make him "past his prime" by any stretch. It's not like he can no longer make the distance on a 50 yard FG or something. The team will certainly feel the effects of his departure.

It's slightly off topic, but Adam V. has been the 2nd most valuable player on the Patriots over the last 5 years. Missing one kick against the broncos does not make him "past his prime" by any stretch. It's not like he can no longer make the distance on a 50 yard FG or something. The team will certainly feel the effects of his departure.

641429[/snapback]

i'll trust bellichick here, he just knows when hold em and when to fold em......how long could mr clutch actually keep it up, there is a new best kicker in the nfl and the cardinals own him

really, i'd have to say the patriots losing vinateri will have little or no bearing on their chances to make the playoffs or win a super bowl

Well then, I'd have to say you're smoking some SERIOUS crack. Without Vinatieri, the Pats don't MAKE the SB, much less win them. And the Pats have ONLY gotten worse, significantly worse, since the end of the 2004 season.

i'll trust bellichick here, he just knows when hold em and when to fold em......how long could mr clutch actually keep it up, there is a new best kicker in the nfl and the cardinals own him

641433[/snapback]

And who are the pats going to get as a K thats going to be BETTER than vinatieri? NO ONE!

Apparently you follow the tom donahoe line of thinking that good kickers are a dime a dozen.