Bills sign Fowler...

ACor58

I think he's exactly the type of player we need considering we're thinking of starting a rook at C.

He's a great C but lacks the athleticism that the position needs. But he KNOWS the position.

Plus the guy plays with a mean streak -- which our OL needs desperatley.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Every player has strengths. As far as athletically and pulling around, I don't know if I've ever seen a lineman as athletic as he is."[/i]

638446[/snapback]

I don't care how he pulls. The Bills need someone to stop the opposing DTs from walking right in up the middle.

"Every player has strengths. As far as athletically and pulling around, I don't know if I've ever seen a lineman as athletic as he is."[/i]

638446[/snapback]

I don't care how he pulls. The Bills need someone to stop the opposing DTs from walking right in up the middle.

638481[/snapback]

Ur MOther

Just a guess but I'll assume he'll be starting.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports OL Melvin Fowler reached a three-year, $7.2 million contract agreement with the Buffalo Bills. He will probably take over the starting center job for free agent OC Trey Teague (Bills), who is not expected to re-sign.

Now granted I haven't seen Fowler play much but when I've seen him play he seemed pretty good. Plays nasty and able to his own. I think he's an upgrade from teague.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports OL Melvin Fowler reached a three-year, $7.2 million contract agreement with the Buffalo Bills. He will probably take over the starting center job for free agent OC Trey Teague (Bills), who is not expected to re-sign.

Just what we needed. I really think he'll start. He is nasty, gritty and pretty damn fast. The most important things is that he is smart and can think on his feet. We really need a guy with experience at center, and this signing brings that to the Bills. It doesn't mean Preston is going to be sent to the bench for good now; I could see Preston as a starting guard by mid-season.

This is exactly the kind of player that builds good teams like the Pats and Steelers. Guys who play to their potential, work hard and receive little, if any, notice from the rest the league's fans.

He's not a guy we know and hopefully we won't even notice him playing during the game either (i.e. f**cking Fowler!).

Good job, Marv. I don't think I'd be upset if Fowler beats out Preston and we move Duke to LG.

Gandy - Duke - Fowler - CV - Peters. Not the liine of legends but if they can protect JP for 2 and half seconds and open up a hole bigger than a breadbasket we'd be making progress over last year -- and still have money left over for a couple of players we can name.

I like what it says about moving in space, the past few years the bills havent had a single guy who could move in space it seemed,

638472[/snapback]

Difficult to do when you are flat on your back doing the ladybug (flailing arms and legs in the air in an effort to get turned over).

Nice signing Marv.

I could not find much on Melvin Fowler but here is a link:

Melvin

Biography:

2004 - Cleveland:

Melvin Fowler is an underappreciated and miscast player early in his career. Fowler plays well in a short area when he can put his hands on a defensive tackle. Will battle and finish off blocks, but does not play overly well in space. Not overly quick or strong, Fowler is a fundamentally sound center, but lacks the agility to get to the second line of defense consistently.

What the heck? Some sources say he is fast other say he is not quick then some say hey moves well in space and others say he does not play overly well in space.

I dont know who to believe!

come on, somebody actually know this guy and isnt just saying what they read from a scouting report?

What the heck? Some sources say he is fast other say he is not quick then some say hey moves well in space and others say he does not play overly well in space.

I dont know who to believe!

come on, somebody actually know this guy and isnt just saying what they read from a scouting report?

638793[/snapback]

He appears to be coming on. Go with what the Vike's coaching staff had to say about him late in the year, rather than a 1-2 year old scouting report from Cleveland.

Huh?

638828[/snapback]

What he said:

I like what it says about moving in space, the past few years the bills havent had a single guy who could move in space it seemed

What I said:

Difficult to do when you are flat on your back doing the ladybug (flailing arms and legs in the air in an effort to get turned over).

Elementary version:

He said:  Our guys can't move in space.
I said: No ****

Better? :P

His position coaches claimed he was playing better than Faine in '04 season....sounds like he could be inconsistent but a more natural center than Teague, and not as naive to things like stunts as Duke.

638407[/snapback]

His position coach for the Browns now works for the Bills....Coach Zierlein

Wonder if this had anything to do with the signing... :P