With TO going to Dallas & Keyshawn to the Giants..

Too many high profile recievers in this division. The Giants now have Keyshawn (if the early reports are accurate), Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer. Down in Dallas they'll have TO and Terry Glenn, who in my opinion will be the most dangerous of the bunch, with our favorite QB throwing to them. They also have Copper who has alot of potential. How in the world could they not be in the Eric Moulds sweepstakes? They NEED a high caliber WR, even if it's only for a year or two. Traditionally they have always lacked in this dept. Here's where we get a trade partner, either draft pick(s) and/or a caliber player of need. There is so much more that I could add to this post but I think that I made my main point. Please think about the ramifications of the Eagles NOT having a big time reciever.

PS. I forgot to mention Washington with their new additions. They already have Moss and HB Chris Cooley and now they added Randel-El, Brandon Lloyd and Christian Fauria. Oh, they'll be passing in this division.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A trade with Philly makes so much sense - even before today's news on the Moulds situation broke. They need a WR, it assures that he won't end up with NE or Miami - where he could burn us twice a year - and we get something in return, instead of just giving EM his outright release. He'd still have to redo his contract, which I'm sure he would do for a chance to play for a contender.

That said, I don't think we'd be able to get their 1st round pick - probably more like a player and a later pick. This whole Moulds situation will probably drag out until draft day.

Also, Moulds will feel shame when the Bills are in the playoffs this season! :devil:

For some reason, I have a bunch of friends who are Eagles fans. They really want the Eagles to go after Moulds. I also think he would be a great fit there as well. In fact, they're already talking about it on one of their boards.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...pic=337878&st=0

Let's go hype up Moulds and get their fans begging ownership to get him. :devil:

No way! We'd just be giving him away. Moulds has GREAT value to certain teams, especially the Eagles. Here's a trade. Moulds to the Eagles for DT Hollis Thomas and their 3rd rder (#78). See if they'll squawk. We got PLENTY of time. Check out the link, Hollis is getting long in the tooth for a DT.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/tea...ails.jsp?id=538

Dangle Moulds in front of Philly.  Make 'em sweat it out.  They are in a distant 4th in the NFC East and need to make a splash with a FA signing on offense, where they're depleted.

638462[/snapback]

Or they could just wait until we release him...and get him for nothing.

Moulds and our RD#4 for their 2nd Rounder.

That's where Dvorachek, Wroten and Colledge will be.

638186[/snapback]

What? Why so cheap? If you got 'em by the 'nads, you don't let go for a better grip. I say make 'em squeal like a hog! :devil:

PTR

What?  Why so cheap?  If you got 'em by the 'nads, you don't let go for a better grip.  I say make 'em squeal like a hog!  :P

PTR

638485[/snapback]

Exactly. Trade 2 of our guys (Moulds and a draft pick) for one of theirs, That makes no sense to me. Moulds may be alot of things but he's definitely got at least 1 or 2 really good years left. Whoever gets him get s a proven commodity. What do we get a crap shoot draft pick. I go to the table and say we want their first 2 picks and that DT guy. see what they say to that.

I think Denver would be very interested in Moulds. I don't think either team, Denver or Philadelphia, will give up much for him in a trade....once the Bills cut him, those two teams will pursue him hard, unless they fill their WR needs elsewhere.

I hate to say it, I think the Bills misplayed this, unless they end up keeping Moulds, with a paycut.

Well tehre is no way the Bills are going to be keeping Moulds with a paycut, unless he goes out looking for a trade and finds out there is no one in the league even interested in signing him if he were to get released.

I also really doubt you will see him getting released. It will probably go down to being a draft day deal, and the Bills may end up taking whatever they can get for him if there is nothing impressive instead of cutting him. He was the one that came out and said he would not play for Buffalo (well his mouth piece "advisor" did) so if Marv decides none of the deals being offered is to his liking, he could always keep him and Moulds can sit out, we don't pay him if he doesn't play so we will only be on the hook for the cap hit if he's here or not. Eventually he will either play to get a team interested or sit for the year.

Well tehre is no way the Bills are going to be keeping Moulds with a paycut, unless he goes out looking for a trade and finds out there is no one in the league even interested in signing him if he were to get released.

I also really doubt you will see him getting released. It will probably go down to being a draft day deal, and the Bills may end up taking whatever they can get for him if there is nothing impressive instead of cutting him. He was the one that came out and said he would not play for Buffalo (well his mouth piece "advisor" did) so if Marv decides none of the deals being offered is to his liking, he could always keep him and Moulds can sit out, we don't pay him if he doesn't play so we will only be on the hook for the cap hit if he's here or not. Eventually he will either play to get a team interested or sit for the year.

638685[/snapback]

i've been saying this for months now. bills could have pulled off a straight up trade of EM for TO w/ the Eegs. and of course everyone jumped on me saying it made no sense for either team. well now the bills have gone from one of the better WR cores to a very mediocre looking one (Davis for Moulds? you kidding me?!!!) and the eegs are salivating for Moulds.