Northeast due for a major hurricane

IBTG81

Hey Ed, there hasn't been a deadly dog attack in New Jersey in a long time.  I think they are due for one , so you had better break out your squirt gun.

637160[/snapback]

It could be a bad one, so you might need to arm yourself with a telephone pole.

Don't worry.  It's in a rich area. Bush will care this time.

637106[/snapback]

Not to worry. Boston is spending our money putting up signs indentifying hurricane evacuation routes. Coincidently, they seem to be on the roads going North and West. :)

Here's a quote from the article:

Because a hurricane of this magnitude has not made landfall in the northeastern U.S. in nearly 60 years, few Americans are even aware that hurricanes can and do directly impact this part of the country. Because most hurricanes in the last 50 years have been a southern U.S. phenomenon, preparedness for a major hurricane along the Northeast coast is not as thorough.

Maybe few Americans outside of New England don't know about 1938, but the Globe has an article nearly every year about this hurricane. Off the top of my head: It was a class 3 hurricane with the eye moving north at about 60+ mph, delivering ~180 mph gusts at the Blue Hill Observatory ~7 miles south of Boston. It was forecast to hit Washington DC and the forecasters were about 800 miles off.

There was basically nothing that could have been done to prepare for it, but I'm sure FDR got hammered for his lack of preparation and response anyway... :devil:

637106[/snapback]

And that's why the Northeast is liberal paradise....Liberals cater to the extremely poor and the extremely rich, so Governor Corzine in NJ will just increase taxes to pay for the damage :devil:

Hey Ed, there hasn't been a deadly dog attack in New Jersey in a long time.  I think they are due for one , so you had better break out your squirt gun.

637160[/snapback]

I forget, what's the squirt gun loaded with, vinegar or bleach?

I was canoeing the merrimack river and there is a R.R. bridge that got sheared off the pillars, from the 38 hurricane. I tied up to the pillar which is a granite blocks design and climbed to the top about 25 ft. The towns along this river are mill towns, on some of the buildings are markers designating the height of the flood, looked to be about 14 feet. I was at a outdoor concert in maine, and hurricane bertha was coming up the coast. Los lobos was one of the bands performing, they sang a dead tune during a hail shower ''BERTHA'' don't you come around here anymore.

637106[/snapback]

Karl Rove's weather machine is going to cause a hurricane so that it "looks" like Bush cares. You know, his poll numbers are slipping, so it stands to reason why he needs a "boost." It makes perfect sense. Going into the mid-term elections, Republicans need a boost this summer. Creating a natural disaster is the perfect way to increase votes.

Brilliant reasoning by you on this.

I forget, what's the squirt gun loaded with, vinegar or bleach?

637178[/snapback]

Ammonia. Don't you know anything about controlling non-attacking dogs in New Jersey. :devil:

Well that and the fact that a hurricane may hit New Jersey, sometime in the next hundred years or so, and it may or may not be bad, but it could happen this year. :)

Karl Rove's weather machine is going to cause a hurricane so that it "looks" like Bush cares. You know, his poll numbers are slipping, so it stands to reason why he needs a "boost." It makes perfect sense. Going into the mid-term elections, Republicans need a boost this summer. Creating a natural disaster is the perfect way to increase votes.

637181[/snapback]

Well that and if it hits DC or Baltimore, Bush would not care since those cities are primarily black. :devil:

637181[/snapback]

:devil:

A few months ago on ABC News a rabbi was talking about why America was getting hammered with hurricanes...the reason for this, according to this rabbi, was because of President Bush's policies with Israel, and ABC reported this almost like it was hard news, almost factual. So because of Bush's policies, hurricanes are hammering America?? :);):doh::doh:

I hope a Category 5 hurricane destroys every media outlet in this country.

:devil:

A few months ago on ABC News a rabbi was talking about why America was getting hammered with hurricanes...the reason for this, according to this rabbi, was because of President Bush's policies with Israel, and ABC reported this almost like it was hard news, almost factual.  So because of Bush's policies, hurricanes are hammering America??  :)  ;)  :doh:  :doh:

I hope a Category 5 hurricane destroys every media outlet in this country.

637193[/snapback]

We're a sinful lot. The misery being brought upon us is our own doing. Repent!

637160[/snapback]

Listen, just because you live under a bridge and shout out, "I want me Lucky Charms", gives you n right to pipe in here.

In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow.

637279[/snapback]

Not really. The last hurricane to hit here was like 18 years ago or so, and we only got brushed by it.

This article is saying a MAJOR one will hit.

637181[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic.

Not really. The last hurricane to hit here was like 18 years ago or so, and we only got brushed by it.

This article is saying a MAJOR one will hit.

637288[/snapback]

Yeah, just like there will be a major earthquake in California, a major Blizzard in Buffalo and a major Volcano in the south pacific. Nobody is "due" for anything. It happens when it happens.

My favorite is "this was a 100 year storm!" Well, if you go 200 years without one are you more likely to have one hit then if it's been 5 years since you've had one? No. That's why they are called averages.

Listen, just because you live under a bridge and shout out, "I want me Lucky Charms", gives you n right to pipe in here.

637277[/snapback]

Trolls live under bridges and demand tolls to cross. Leprachons live at the end of rainbows.

Please don't mix up your fantasies Eddie boy.

Oh and just like there hadn't been a major hurricane to hit NOLA in 30 years, we all knew it would happen some day. Just as there will be a big one to hit the east coast again. Although I seems to remember one a couple years ago, where I was without power for a few days.

BTW, Ed, did you see the thread that the US shot cruise missles into the pentagon. I figured since you take this sh-- as fact you might buy into that as well. :devil:

I agree with what eball said.

This is AccuWeather folks!!! Remember last year, when Rick Santorum (sp?) wanted to abolish the National Weather Service, and install AccuWeather as the nations "voice" for offical weather news? AccuWeather is also in his district, and gave him a ton of cash for his political campaign's.

With what my wife and I do for a living, we depend on local weather forcasts. We're both gardeners. If we have a client that's having a party coming up, we have to check to see not if it's going to rain, but where the rain is going to fall. How hot it is going to be, so we can plant accordingly before major heat stress hits the new plantings, etc. By far, the NWS has been the most accurate. They only issue weather alerts if there is a real danger.

AccuWeather issued this story for one reason only. To install a thought of fear and panic. I guarantee you, that if you want "real time" updates if a hurricane is possible during the most active months, they will make you sign up for a pay service for this information. This is nothing more than a money making process for these idiots.

If anyone would want the most dependable and up-to-date hurricane information, here's the place to go. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Trolls live under bridges and demand tolls to cross.  Leprachons live at the end of rainbows. 

Please don't mix up your fantasies Eddie boy. 

637296[/snapback]

I know it isn't your intent, but trolls and Lucky Charms are not mutually exclusive. I once met a troll who enjoyed Lucky Charms every Wednesday. Course that was his day off.

BTW, Ed, did you see the thread that the US shot cruise missles into the pentagon.  I figured since you take this sh-- as fact you might buy into that as well.  :devil:

637296[/snapback]

You hitting the bottle a bit early today?

I think we should be shooting cruise missles into OTHER countries...

:)

Don't know if anyone here remembers, but a lot of NYS was under water in 1972 from a Hurricane.

637408[/snapback]

Agnes was only a tropical storm when it nearly topped the Mt. Morris Dam, so that doesn't count. :)

The fact it killed almost 140 people (primarily from flooding) apparently doesn't count either. :devil:

Don't know if anyone here remembers, but a lot of NYS was under water in 1972 from a Hurricane.

637408[/snapback]

'72? I know there was one before my time - Gloria, I think - that caused severe flooding along the Buffalo-Pittsburgh corridor.

Generally, though, hurricanes don't hit Buffalo as hurricanes, just as big rainstorms. When a hurricane hits Long Island, on the other hand, it tends come in like a freight train. Rhode Island's particularly vulnerable, since the bay in the eastern part of the state tends to funnel a storm surge right into downtown Providence.