John Riggins on Sirius Radio about Bills QBs

kota

If Holcomb is the odd man out, I would atleast like to see them bring in another journeyman backup just in case.

As much as I don't wanna see Holcomb the starter, I like him as the teams backup. I don't get nervous and think the game is over if the starter comes out of the game and Holcomb has to come in.

Damn, I think I heard Ken Stabler say to me through my dog (in a pirate voice no less) that Ochs was the odd man out....and I don't even have a dog!

:lol:

We all know what opinions are like...only difference is the schmoes on the radio/TV/newspaper are frequently paid to have them...unlike those of us suffering from diarrhea of the typing fingers (+ constipation of the mind) who provide it as a free service to the online community...

Damn, I think I heard Ken Stabler say to me through my dog (in a pirate voice no less) that Ochs was the odd man out....and I don't even have a dog!

We all know what opinions are like...only difference is the schmoes on the radio/TV/newspaper are frequently paid to have them...unlike those of us suffering from diarrhea of the typing fingers (+ constipation of the mind) who provide it as a free service to the online community...

636533[/snapback]

My goldfish's last action this morning was to mouth the word "Woodbury".....and I do have a goldfish--or at least I did until I introduced a piranah named Marv's Legacy into the tank...

hopefully, the Bills will accumulate 3 QBs who have similar styles and all fit within the framework of teh offense that FAirchild will run.

Never could understand why Teflon got the dink and dunk Holcomb to match with JP.

The 2 QBs ran totally different offenses which created a mess whenever one needed to sub.

I think there might be 2 separate guys sitting behind PC's at OBD leaking these "rumblings out of Buffalo" to various sources and laughing their A$$es off :lol: . Hey maybe they're trying to create a false read that we're in the QB hunt during the draft, who knows?

If Holcomb is the odd man out, I would atleast like to see them bring in another journeyman backup just in case.

As much as I don't wanna see Holcomb the starter, I like him as the teams backup. I don't get nervous and think the game is over if the starter comes out of the game and Holcomb has to come in.

636527[/snapback]

Not sure I can share that opinion, 'ski - Holcomb does absolutely nothing for me, if we have JP & Nall. I would feel equally comfortable with either coming off the bench, like JP did in the KC game.

I never felt uncomfortable with Reich or AVP backing up Jim Kelly, yet I don't think either could be described as journeymen backups while they were here.

I'd rather see JP & Nall fight it out for the starting job - may the best man win - and draft a developmental guy in the late rounds to 'carry the clipboard. (I kinda like Jeff Mroz out of Yale if he's around in oh, say, the seventh round.)

Not sure I can share that opinion, 'ski - Holcomb does absolutely nothing for me, if we have JP & Nall.  I would feel equally comfortable with either coming off the bench, like JP did in the KC game.

I never felt uncomfortable with Reich or AVP backing up Jim Kelly, yet I don't think either could be described as journeymen backups while they were here.

I'd rather see JP & Nall fight it out for the starting job - may the best man win - and draft a developmental guy in the late rounds to 'carry the clipboard.  (I kinda like Jeff Mroz out of Yale if he's around in oh, say, the seventh round.)

636573[/snapback]

I guess for me it all depends on how good Nall and JP are going to be at the start of the season. I would be alittle more worried about having to bring in a young QB to backup another young QB, the a QB like Holcomb, I just can't see Holcomb being an alternative as a starter.

I also never really felt nervous about AVP or Reich (I wish they would have been given the chance at starting cause they were good QB's)

Either way, I like this move cause it means more competition for the starting job and better play from the QB position cause we know the best man won this time. You will also see alot more confidence in the winner of this QB competition cause they know they deserved the spot as a starter rather then being handed the job.

It doesn't make sense to cut Holcomb and bring in another journey QB.

Cutting Holcomb basically saves nothing in cap and it'll waste extra cap space to sign another quarterback. Why not just keep Holcomb in this case?

Somewhere Holcomb's Arm is talking softly to his lifesize holcomb cutout and beginning to sob.

636577[/snapback]

Nah!...He's developing a new formula to address this.

So John Riggins has an inside scoop on what personnel decisions are being made at OBD. I'm just wondering how in the hell this topic came up in an interview with Riggins on Sirius?

It doesn't make sense to cut Holcomb and bring in another journey QB.

Cutting Holcomb basically saves nothing in cap and it'll waste extra cap space to sign another quarterback. Why not just keep Holcomb in this case?

636594[/snapback]

Different QB's have different styles. You would bring in another Journeyman QB who has the same style as the starter so if the starter goes down, the backup can come in and the same playbook can be used.

Holcomb and Losman were 2 different styles of QB and that means the Bills would need to have plays for Holcomb to run and JP to run to suit their styles. Thats why one would do well in a game while the other would struggle.

Different QB's have different styles. You would bring in another Journeyman QB who has the same style as the starter so if the starter goes down, the backup can come in and the same playbook can be used.

Holcomb and Losman were 2 different styles of QB and that means the Bills would need to have plays for Holcomb to run and JP to run to suit their styles. Thats why one would do well in a game while the other would struggle.

636602[/snapback]

Nall is slow of foot and not very athletic, similar to Holcomb. So you think JP is the odd man out???

Nall is slow of foot and not very athletic, similar to Holcomb. So you think JP is the odd man out???

636608[/snapback]

Nall could fit as back up to either, or be backed up by either.

He is more of a pocket passer since he is slow footed and not very athletic - Holcombs style

He also has a good arm and can throw the deep ball - JP's style.