So I'm sitting with Bills fans watching the games

ICE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EM is not done. You could not be more wrong about him ICE. In fact, his speed and strength are back to where he was in 2002. The problem you've seen with him in 2 measely weeks is that he is trying too hard to make a play and not concentrating on the fundamentals (like catching the ball first, and going down when the play is over instead of trying to break 2 and 3 tackles).

Also, ICE.... Do you think you were a little bit off on your Roy Williams (WR) assesments????? :devil:

That's it? That is all you have to come with? You know 'weathervane' was funny about 2 years ago, now it's more like 4th grade material. Make sure you keep using it, but on EVERYONE that looks at fact and makes a change in judgement.

Yesterday and it was very intesting listening to those that are not common posters on this board (*)

The general concensus is this....

1) Bledsoe is done.  They, like me, are tired of excuses.  As all know I feel this team has the talent and coaching to still go 10-6. Look at yesterdays games folks. Other than Philly there are NO dominate teams....not even NE.  If Philly and NE played right now, Philly would B!tch slap NE all over the field.

I posted about the OL's how the top two OL's in football are struggleing. Esp the percieved #1 OL in KC that is 0-3 on the season.  Enough blaming the OL.  It is average to above average.  We are 6 weeks into McNally REALLY working with a starting lineup.

After going back and watching tape of BOTH games....Bledsoe is done.  It honestly pains me to say it. and Yeah I am gonna take some heat for saying it, but that doesn't change Fact.  This guy is done.  When ANY player has to tell the press "I am the man...deal with it"  He is done.

My two cents would be to bench bledsoe, start our backup and the minute Losman can play...he plays.

2) Start McGahee.  I am sick of the "His knee needs time" bull stevestojan.  I have had a knee injury that orthopedists say was WORSE than his.  I was back on the HG Field in 18 months. ( and yes folks take a video of the HG's to an orthopedist and he will easilly say the HG's are as hard if not HARDER on the body than football).  That aside, I see other players making it back in the same to less time.  The ONLY Way this guy gets better is to PLAY.

Hey Tefflon Tom drafted this guy instead of an offensive linemen.  PLAY HIM!  You spend a 1st on the guy...PLAY HIM!

I call up Tampa and Oakland and say "Your 1st next year for Travis Henry".  I bet we have a trade in 48 hours tops. We have backups, do the trade NOW and let WM get some time in.

3) trade Moulds. YES trade moulds.  "But ICE he is our best Offensive weapon".  Bull Crap he is!  EM is a shell of his former self. He will NEVER be "Eric Moulds" again after that groin. Just like Andre Reed was never "Andre Reed" again.  Let Evans and Reed develop together.

Why waste any more time? New coaching staff, new system...play your "Future" NOW!  Enough waiting around.  We have wasted enough time trying to plug fingers in the dam.  Tear the SOB down and put the new on up and let it get to work.

Some will say "but what about the defense"?  I say What about it?  They are getting paid. So what if they have to wait one friggin season for our new QB, RB and WR to develop.  When DO they want to win?  If we did this NOW, right now...we would be prime to do some REAL Damage next year!

But you know what?  It makes too much sense.  Why didn't we do this in the offseason?  Why not cut bledsoe, trade Henry and moulds. Use that cap to outbid Detroit for Damien Woody for Center. Keep teague as a backup then his contract would expire this offseason.  SIGN a decent LG, re-sign Jennings and NOW....NOW you have some serious talent for McNally to work with.

We could have signed a much better backup/mentor to Losman.  As for RB I know Eddie George would be sitting there if we had made Henry part of our trade to Dallas instead of next years 1st rounder.  Hell Antoine Smith could have been a backup for God's sake.  WR? PLENTY of vets to act as a backup there.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is how a little common sense in upper management would have had this ship in much better shape in just this last offseason.  As is, we wait....and wait.....and wait....and wait.  It's too bad. A few simple LOGICAL moves and we are contending for the AFC Title by the end of next year.

Am I off the band wagon? Nope, never will be. But it gets to a point when you look at something and say "Damn man...how hard is it?"  I think this management out thinks it's self.

0-2 is one thing. If we go 0-3 and don't put up more than 17 on the Patsies...we are done. No more wishing, hoping nothing. Logic and history dictates we are finished for this season.  I know this bucks what I have said before...but if we do and we do it ugly....Tom Donahoe must be fired and Tom Modrak needs to take the reigns.

46694[/snapback]

Wow this is the record for shortest time for you LEAVING this board. Plus I thought you and TD are best buddies now why dont ya give him a call and do all that you have suggested. Trading Travis and Moulds right now for draft picks so that TD, who is worse GM in your mind, can spend on more wasted OL picks? Man wake up or chill or go find anothehr team since ya dont like anything about this one.

My wife's cousin's best friend's girlfriend knew this guy that had a friend who was an orthopedist who said my toe injury was worse than the one that ended Jack Lambert's career.  From video.  That makes me an expert.

The weathervayne:  more position changes than the Kama Sutra + John Kerry.

46798[/snapback]

I think it's unfair to John Kerry to compare him to ICE.

B)

No I am not wrong on Moulds at all. There ARE open WR's on most plays but bledsoe locks onto them.

If it takes time to develop someone, then start NOW. Not next year or the next or the next.

Moulds is no where near what he was in 2000, 2001 or 2002. Sorry man go back and watch the film. He has nothing compared to where he was.

Yesterday and it was very intesting listening to those that are not common posters on this board (*)

Enough blaming the OL.  It is average to above average. 

After going back and watching tape of BOTH games....Bledsoe is done. 

2) Start McGahee.  I am sick of the "His knee needs time" bull stevestojan.  The ONLY Way this guy gets better is to PLAY.

3) trade Moulds. YES trade moulds. 

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is how a little common sense in upper management would have had this ship in much better shape in just this last offseason.  As is, we wait....and wait.....and wait....and wait.  It's too bad. A few simple LOGICAL moves and we are contending for the AFC Title by the end of next year.

I think this management out thinks it's self.

0-2 is one thing. If we go 0-3 and don't put up more than 17 on the Patsies...we are done. No more wishing, hoping nothing. Logic and history dictates we are finished for this season.  I know this bucks what I have said before...but if we do and we do it ugly....Tom Donahoe must be fired and Tom Modrak needs to take the reigns.

46694[/snapback]

<P>

Bledsoe was done in 1999

What is McGahee going to do for us?

What do you think we'd get for Moulds? He as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow is no longer a top WR. 2nd, 3rd round pick?

How about supporting a Donahoe get out of Buffalo movement then?

Top management thinks?

Oh, you can count on us not putting up 17 vs. the Pats. We'll be lucky to get into double digits. Teams are gonna blitz Bledsoe until he is blue in the face. Until he shakes it, they'll come. Do you think he will shake it?

I hate to break it to you, but I think many people were wrong when they said that the coaching couldn't get any worse. It is worse. Whether or not it improves remains to be seen. But right now, it's worse. The play of the offense should make that perfectly clear.

No I am not wrong on Moulds at all.  There ARE open WR's on most plays but bledsoe locks onto them.

If it takes time to develop someone, then start NOW. Not next year or the next or the next.

Moulds is no where near what he was in 2000, 2001 or 2002.  Sorry man go back and watch the film.  He has nothing compared to where he was.

46938[/snapback]

I have plus I've seen him live in camp. Also I've been following him in camp closely ever since he became a bill so I have something to compare it to. Believe me, he is every bit the WR he was in 2002. I'll give you that he's not at the '98 level but that's beside the point.

1) Bledsoe is done.  They, like me, are tired of excuses.  As all know I feel this team has the talent and coaching to still go 10-6. Look at yesterdays games folks. Other than Philly there are NO dominate teams....not even NE.  If Philly and NE played right now, Philly would B!tch slap NE all over the field.

I posted about the OL's how the top two OL's in football are struggleing. Esp the percieved #1 OL in KC that is 0-3 on the season.  Enough blaming the OL.  It is average to above average.  We are 6 weeks into McNally REALLY working with a starting lineup.

After going back and watching tape of BOTH games....Bledsoe is done.  It honestly pains me to say it. and Yeah I am gonna take some heat for saying it, but that doesn't change Fact.  This guy is done.  When ANY player has to tell the press "I am the man...deal with it"  He is done.

My two cents would be to bench bledsoe, start our backup and the minute Losman can play...he plays.

2) Start McGahee.  I am sick of the "His knee needs time" bull stevestojan.  I have had a knee injury that orthopedists say was WORSE than his.  I was back on the HG Field in 18 months. ( and yes folks take a video of the HG's to an orthopedist and he will easilly say the HG's are as hard if not HARDER on the body than football).  That aside, I see other players making it back in the same to less time.  The ONLY Way this guy gets better is to PLAY.

Hey Tefflon Tom drafted this guy instead of an offensive linemen.  PLAY HIM!  You spend a 1st on the guy...PLAY HIM!

I call up Tampa and Oakland and say "Your 1st next year for Travis Henry".  I bet we have a trade in 48 hours tops. We have backups, do the trade NOW and let WM get some time in.

3) trade Moulds. YES trade moulds.  "But ICE he is our best Offensive weapon".  Bull Crap he is!  EM is a shell of his former self. He will NEVER be "Eric Moulds" again after that groin. Just like Andre Reed was never "Andre Reed" again.  Let Evans and Reed develop together.

Why waste any more time? New coaching staff, new system...play your "Future" NOW!  Enough waiting around.  We have wasted enough time trying to plug fingers in the dam.  Tear the SOB down and put the new on up and let it get to work.

Some will say "but what about the defense"?  I say What about it?  They are getting paid. So what if they have to wait one friggin season for our new QB, RB and WR to develop.  When DO they want to win?  If we did this NOW, right now...we would be prime to do some REAL Damage next year!

But you know what?  It makes too much sense.  Why didn't we do this in the offseason?  Why not cut bledsoe, trade Henry and moulds. Use that cap to outbid Detroit for Damien Woody for Center. Keep teague as a backup then his contract would expire this offseason.  SIGN a decent LG, re-sign Jennings and NOW....NOW you have some serious talent for McNally to work with.

We could have signed a much better backup/mentor to Losman.  As for RB I know Eddie George would be sitting there if we had made Henry part of our trade to Dallas instead of next years 1st rounder.  Hell Antoine Smith could have been a backup for God's sake.  WR? PLENTY of vets to act as a backup there.

Am I off the band wagon? Nope, never will be. But it gets to a point when you look at something and say "Damn man...how hard is it?"  I think this management out thinks it's self.

46694[/snapback]

It saddens me when I see Ice and Deeray agree with each other...... :devil:

46694[/snapback]

Interesting post ICE. My response:

1) I sadly agree. Bledsoe has been beaten half to death. The Bills OL cut his career short. No surprise there.

2) I fully agree. At this point, I would trade Travis in a heartbeat. It has been said that I am obsessed with MW. I LIKE Big Mike compared to Travis Gump. He cant/WONT block, cant catch, is not fast, and fumbles away the football. I would love a #1, but would gladly take a #2 tonight.

3) As for Moulds, I think it would be best to keep him and renegotiate his deal. This would give Losman a combo of Moulds/Evans, assuming he doesn't get killed behind this OL.

Btw, do you recall the time when you (and I) stopped supporting RJ? It was the same circumstances. They both were victims of the Bills management neglecting the area of blocking.

To add to your list, I think it is time (after the season) for a new GM, and perhaps a change in ownership. As much as I admire what RW has done for the game of football, I think it is time for a change.

That's it? That is all you have to come with?  You know 'weathervane'  was funny about 2 years ago, now it's  more like 4th grade material.  Make sure  you keep using it, but on EVERYONE that looks at fact and makes a change in judgement.

46933[/snapback]

WEATHERVAYNE!

This team has been bent over and violated more than a prison newbie the last 2 weeks with BS Calls by the refs.  But hey lets ignore that and blame it on Bledsoe.

39739[/snapback]

6 DAYS LATER!

1) Bledsoe is done.  They, like me, are tired of excuses.

Some things never change.

The first one you pick I mean not EVERYTHING is on Bledsoe. Even you must agree. But I also feel bledsoe is done.

A person can believe a player is done AND not believe EVERYTHING is this players fault. sorry man, gonna have to try harder.

BTW...that is my possition. Bledsoe is done, but not everything that is wrong with this offense is his problem.