Nall agrees to terms

JoeF

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet, without a good offensive line, Jesus would suck as a QB.

636537[/snapback]

Wouldn't Jesus just do one of those "part the D-line" miracles? Oh wait - that was Charlton Heston...

And much like most Bills fans he'd call out his own name every time he was sacked.

636546[/snapback]

Lyrics from an old Harry Chapin song about a guy who's 18-wheeler is flying out of control and about to crash into a bunch of houses...

"He said 'Christ!!!' It's amazing how you call the only man who could save you now."

Lyrics from an old Harry Chapin song about a guy who's 18-wheeler is flying out of control and about to crash into a bunch of houses...

"He said 'Christ!!!' It's amazing how you call the only man who could save you now."

636762[/snapback]

Carrying thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Carrying thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

As a Packer fan I have watched this guy's developement with interest. Did you know he made it to the NCAA finals in Track and Field as a Javelin thrower? He did. I hope that will address arm strength.

Drafted in 5th round in 2002 he went to NFL Europe in 2003 and lead the league in passing.

http://www.nfleurope.com/stats/leaders/2003

He spent 02 and 03 learning and became Favre's back up in 2004. He has beat out Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Doug Peterson for back up jobs. He got some game time in 2004 and was 23 of 33 for 314 yards and a passer rating of 139.4 and 4 TD's. 5 of those passes were more than 20 yards and 1 over 40 yards. Nice stats but he was finishing games in which the Packers were way behind and Favre was pulled. Still a fourth of his passes were accurate and long. 3 years of development and it looked like the Packers had Favre's successor.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302094

In 2004 Aaron Rodgers, a highly touted rookie prospect with talk of being #1, overall fell to pick 24 as few wanted a QB project. The Packers took Rodgers and the politics of a highly paid rookie took over. Nall will not beat out Favre and he is not the annointed successor so he is almost forced out by politics and contract size not on merit.

Nall has 4 seasons of development behind him. He is coming into the prime of his career. As you have seen with Losman it takes a few years to develop as a QB.

He has to be one of the best bargains on the free agent market.

Losman will have some pressure! Just because he was a first round pick does not mean he is better. Nall thrives on pressure.

Okay, what are Nall's weaknesses you ask? He is a gamer. He looks much better in game situations than in practice. As a rookie he was almost cut and then had a very impressive final preseason game. He is great when the pressure is on but needs that adrenaline. In practice without it he may not be crisp.

The Bills now have a great luxury that many teams would like. Excellent depth at QB regardless of who is starting. Critics might label the situation as having 3 good #2 QB's. Bills fans will be happy.

Losman still needs some development and Nall is ready. Every year the Packers had somebody rated higher than Nall by "experts" and every year he beat out the camp competition. He is used to competion for a job. I would not be suprised to see Nall starting. He is competing for the starting job not #2 or #3.

Best of all I am happy that he signed with a quality organization that will give him an open shot to compete and be up front and honest with him.

I agree with what green machine posted earlier. Many Packer fans wanted Nall to be Favre's successor because he has genuine ability and not just some rookie named Aaron Rodgers because he was a first round pick.

Adam Shefter on the NFL Network said Nall's deal is 3yrs- $6mill including a $1.5mill SB.

No link, he said it on tonight's Total Access.

Also, Nall was interviewed by WGR's Jeff Morrison. Listen here: http://www.wgr550.com/ondemand.php

637047[/snapback]

For a four year vet QB, that is back-up money and not even very good back-up money. I am quite sure though that Marv did tell him he would have a chance to compete for the starting job. And he probably will, as everyone is under the new regime's public motivation stance and re-energizing of the veterans tactic. It just won't happen IMO. He is not going to get as many reps as Losman. He is not going to get the benefit of the doubt if it is close. This was a very good pick-up though. He has talent and he's pretty young. And a good player to have for three years pushing the starters and ready if called upon. If Losman tanks, which is possible, Nall would likely have a very good shot at being the starter.

For a four year vet QB, that is back-up money and not even very good back-up money. I am quite sure though that Marv did tell him he would have a chance to compete for the starting job. And he probably will, as everyone is under the new regime's public motivation stance and re-energizing of the veterans tactic. It just won't happen IMO. He is not going to get as many reps as Losman. He is not going to get the benefit of the doubt if it is close. This was a very good pick-up though. He has talent and he's pretty young. And a good player to have for three years pushing the starters and ready if called upon. If Losman tanks, which is possible, Nall would likely have a very good shot at being the starter.

637258[/snapback]

If the O-line doesn't improve, we may need three decent quarterbacks. I like the pick-up. Behind Farve and Rogers he wasn't going to have any chance. Who knows, Fairchild has been able to take QB's that fit his proto-type and use them quite effectively. Maybe they see something in this guy.

Hopefully the Bills got something great here. Sounds like another Billy Volek who hasn't had the chance to show his stuff here.

Didn't realize how many connections he has on the Bills.

"Nall, who also said he is looking forward to being reuinited with former LSU teammates, wide receiver Josh Reed and tight end Robert Royal, along with former NSU teammate, cornerback Terrence McGee.

Also, Tyke Tolbert, the wide receivers coach, and Charlie Coiner, the tight ends coach, were assistants at LSU when Nall was there."

I like this comment from

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...PORTS/603210323

Nall said he has studied weather trends in Buffalo, and compared them with Green Bay, and found a lot of similarities, but Buffalo annually gets "a lot more snow" than Green Bay.

637362[/snapback]

I like that comment, too. It shows he really puts thought into what he does. Plus, it shows he doesn't mind playing in the snow. I like J.P., but he is a Cali kid.

I like that comment, too. It shows he really puts thought into what he does. Plus, it shows he doesn't mind playing in the snow. I like J.P., but he is a Cali kid.

637479[/snapback]

:devil:

I remember reading an article about JP, that said as soon as he was drafted, he got on the internet and started studying everything about Buffalo.

He has never once bitched about the snow, so I don't know where you're coming from.

Some of you people, I just don't get. You talk about him being a California guy, like it's a bad thing. Tom Brady is a Cali kid, would you have a problem with him, if he was the Bills QB?

Thought not.

:lol:

And yet, without a good offensive line, Jesus would suck as a QB.

636537[/snapback]

He decided against playing football so he could play baseball, I believe he signed with the Yankees to be their no centre fielder and they made him cut his hair cause George doesn't want long hair or beards on his team

Remember

W W J D D

What would Johnny Damon Do?