Biils should've traded for Ramsey

BobbyC81

I can't believe the Bills couldn't have offered a 4th or 5th round choice. I think Jets got a steal giving up only a 6th round pick. Sure, the Redskins coaches decided to go with Brunell instead but Ramsey's career numbers aren't bad. His QB rating has been in the 70's, similar numbers to average seasons for Bledsoe.

Plus, he's only 27. Given a change of scenery, he may perform well.

I'm surprised Skins accepted only a 6th, they were asking for a 3rd to start with when they first put him on the block. I wish the bills would have made an offer, i actually thought they were gonna, especially after reading Levy's high ententions of having another QB to come in and compete. I'm kinda dissapointed

I can't believe the Bills couldn't have offered a 4th or 5th round choice. I think Jets got a steal giving up only a 6th round pick.  Sure, the Redskins coaches decided to go with Brunell instead but Ramsey's career numbers aren't bad.  His QB rating has been in the 70's, similar numbers to average seasons for Bledsoe.

Plus, he's only 27.  Given a change of scenery, he may perform well.

635019[/snapback]

I can Patrick Ramsey is gun shy. He has a tendancy to hold the ball way to long. Spurrier probably killed any confidence that guy had. Making the trade for the sake of "screwing" a division opponent isn't really sound management. Ramsey might have a big time arm, but he doesn't have it. If we were gonna trade for a qb I'd rather Matt Schaub theres also guys like Charlie Whitehurst and Brodie Croyle who I'd rather have in the draft.

I can Patrick Ramsey is gun shy. He has a tendancy to hold the ball way to long

Ramsey might have a big time arm, but he doesn't have it.

This sounds like our old QB, who didn't do well without an offensive line.

We still don' t have an O-line and need to address that first.

I can Patrick Ramsey is gun shy. He has a tendancy to hold the ball way to long.  Spurrier probably killed any confidence that guy had.  Making the trade for the sake of "screwing" a division opponent isn't really sound management.  Ramsey might have a big time arm, but he doesn't have it.  If we were gonna trade for a qb I'd rather Matt Schaub theres also guys like Charlie Whitehurst and Brodie Croyle who I'd rather have in the draft.

635025[/snapback]

I think the point of the post was we could get Ramsey for a low draft choice and for a 6th rounder he was worth it. You never know I think Ramsey could be a good QB. Schaub would have cost at least a 2nd Rounder maybe more.BTW I love your picture of U of Miami Everett how do u put pics in there

Ramsey and Losman aren't exactly on great terms from what I understand. That could have a lot to do with why we have stayed away from Ramsey.

635028[/snapback]

Did he bang his old lady or something?

I think this non-signing is a good indicator that we draft a young QB. We have 4 QB's on the roster now, and I think we'll have a late Day 1 or first Day 2 pick throwing with them.

We have a guy better than Ramsey on the squad if you are looking at his 70's passer rating.

I think the point of the post was we could get Ramsey for a low draft choice and for a 6th rounder he was worth it. You never know I think Ramsey could be a good QB. Schaub would have cost at least a 2nd Rounder maybe more.BTW I love your picture of U of Miami Everett how do u put pics in there

635083[/snapback]

Isn't inkman's avatar of a U of Miami player also? :lol:

Think about it. It might very well have been a chemistry issue between JP and Ramsey. They were on the same team at Tulane. Do ya really think Ramsey would want to sign with a team if there was even a REMOTE chance that he'd sit behind the young street tough kid that was behind him in college?

Spend some time on that one and the reason the Bills didn't bid for PRamsey should be obvious. I had read that they didn't get along real well either that year.

I agree about one thing: Ramsey is underrated and hasn't been given a fair shot yet in the NFL...How about this quote:

Ramsey deserves more respect Ramsey came out of nowhere to set a number of passing records in his first year as the starter - but the next year, hyped up QB J.P. Losman transferred in from UCLA. Losman was a high-ranked prep player (the 3rd QB overall), a Parade All-American, and the highest rated prospect that Tulane had ever signed. Tulane fans and coaches had already mentally replaced Ramsey before J.P. even took a snap. But Ramsey kicked Losman's butt in practice and on the field, and made it look easy. He was tougher on the field, had a better relationship with his teammates, and he was absolutely dedicated to the game.

http://www.bendomenech.com/blog/archives/w...2004_02_08.html