Boy does air travel stink.....

union labor cost down . WAGE cuts . just what i want to do get on a plane when the guy that made $28 dollars an hour is now making $15 . or they are farming it out to XYZ company with cheap labor .

635344[/snapback]

$28? Surely you're referring to wing-waxer:

http://www.willflyforfood.cc/Payscales/DeltaPay.htm

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny they have a profit sharing plan!

Seriously though, these airlines need to start diferentiating themselves. Jet Blue and Southwest are the only two that do anything different, and shockingly they are 2 of the most loved and sucessful airlines.

I particularly like Jet Blues seat arrangement. Nobody likes to sit in the back of the plane, so they made those seats just a little larger. More leg room etc... makes sense to me.

But operating costs are going up, taxes are high reducing the amount of cash the airlines even see. Its a horrible business. Need to create a manhattan project for teleportation....

But operating costs are going up, taxes are high reducing the amount of cash the airlines even see.  Its a horrible business.  Need to create a manhattan project for teleportation....

635374[/snapback]

speaking of taxes I have to finish doing my NY state sales taxes . due tomarrow :doh:

Let me make sure I got this right.

Air travel sucks because the plane is full and you have to pay five bucks for a sandwich. So in an effort to enhance air travel, you want the airlines to hand out bad food for free and continue to fly planes that are only half full

You're going to make someone a terrific CEO one day.

Let me make sure I got this right.

Air travel sucks because the plane is full and you have to pay five bucks for a sandwich. So in an effort to enhance air travel, you want the airlines to hand out bad food for free and continue to fly planes that are only half full

You're going to make someone a terrific CEO one day.

635423[/snapback]

I'm not a big Donald Trump fan, but he was on Larry King a couple of weeks ago. King asked him about airlines and such. Trump said that the airline business is the wordt thing to get into. Semi-private / private air travel, according to Trump, is the next big thing.

I'm not a big Donald Trump fan, but he was on Larry King a couple of weeks ago.  King asked him about airlines and such.  Trump said that the airline business is the wordt thing to get into.  Semi-private / private air travel, according to Trump, is the next big thing.

635829[/snapback]

As I fly quite often, I have read pretty extensively on this subject. There are now plans in place for airlines that will have super lighweight jets that hold up to five passengers that will fly out of the outer airports and cater to business travelers. When I say outer airports, I man the really small ones where private planes fly now, not just small commercial airports. For example, in DC may fly out of Stafford or Manassas or Montgomery airparks. Benefit to travelers will be little security hassles, and less wait times and cancelled, overbooked flights etc. There is also talk within a decade these type of aircraft could be flown automtaically, as in NO pilots, though not to sure i would want to get on them. You should start hearing about these airlines within the next two years, as they are funded and and getting there poop together.

In terms of commercial airlines, I really have no beef with them. As I said, I fly quite often. I am also 42, and remeber when flying used to be only for the well off, not avaialble for the great unwashed as it is today. So, if ya want compittion, and cheaper prices, be prepared to forgo some of the benefits of a regulated industry.I would be willing to bet that prices for flights now are less than half what they were in relative terms before dereg.

Also, for those that fly often, there is a new program in that is about to begin called a Registered Traveler Program. Here are the specifics from the TSA. Loks like will be up and running in summer sometime. http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?theme=8&...9000519800b4ddd

know I'll pay the $80(what it costs in orlando) to save the time.

Jet Blue...about $175 coast to coast. New planes (jets), leather seats, 30-some channels of Direct TV for every passenger.

No meals (who cares? ariplane food is almost as bad as Denny's) but their snacks are top-notch and they welcome outside food. Beer, wine and booze at $5 is a little high, but cheaper than the airport. (Want to save a few bucks? Put a water bottle filled with vodka in your carry-on. Then you can mix your own cocktails with their free mixers and ice...ya cheap bastards.)

All-in-all, a pretty good deal, IMO.

Jet Blue is the best airline in America, bar none.

And yes, they welcome outside food. Remember once I hadn't been back to Buffalo for a while, on my to Buffalo International to head back to NYC, I called and found out the flight was delayed. Detoured at La Nova. Yep, brought on a large cheese/pepperoni pizza and just enjoyed it the whole flight home.

Mixed well with the vodka/iced teas I was making in the seat. Had the stewardess grab me a few bottles of Vodka in exchange for two slices. Great trade.