Could JP Losman be on his way out?

Why does this topic keep coming up? What has happened that anyone - ANYONE - can suggest that a virtual rookie QB is a bust? One that actually had some REAL MOMENTS on the field? The one guy in a dismal season I, along with many others, was actually looking forward to watching, but who got benched so the coaches could save their job?

You guys are sitting around inventing sh-- in your heads about what Marv thinks of JP. Why JP? Why don't we sit around and wonder if Marv really really likes Moulds? Is Eric saying to himself "Do you really love me, Marv?"

And yet here you monkeys sit, pud in hand, thinking Marv really doesn't love JP, and that we should trade him for a box of tape. Get a life people. Let the grownups do their work.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (Kirwian) discussed CN first.  I'll paraphrase.  He's the 3rd on GB.  Why move to another team to be the third?

Logic says someone in Buffalo said he wouldn't be the third here.

Does that mean Losman goes? No

Does it mean it might make sense to move him if they dont like him?  yes

All they said was that if they didnt like JP they could look at moving him. 

There are 0 people on this form that truly know the interaction between JP and the team.  There are positive and negative rumors.  Losman seems to swing both ways for a lot of things.  If he's not liked, and more importantly not believed in, why keep him?

Nothing more than speculation, but it is logical

636194[/snapback]

Who is the co host? He actually said that he heard the Bills could be shopping JP for a draft pick.

Has anyone considered that Levy is using this rumor as a way to manipulate the teams drafting after Buffalo. If someone really wants a QB and thinks Buffalo may draft one in the first round, they may move up to take a QB or even trade picks with Buffalo. This scenario keeps the other teams guessing as to what direction Buffalo may head in the draft.

jim kelly was way worse with his attitude when he came to buffalo and marv turned him around, so lets wait and see.

636173[/snapback]

Jim Kelly never had a problem being a leader. He simply didn't want to play in Buffalo. He cried when he was drafted by the Bills and jumped at the chance to go to the USFL. He later warmed up to Buffalo and the rest is history.

Recall that one of the reasons that TD made the trade in 2004 to move up and get JP was because he was looking forward to the 2005 draft -- and saw a considerable drop-off in QB talent the following year. Indeed, Alex Smith, who was taken #1 overall last year, probably would be the 4th QB (at best) in this year's class.

Personally, I would like to see them give JP another year before giving up on him, but Marv and the rest of the front office are much closer to the situation than we are. They know how the other players feel about JP -- and we've heard some of the quotes from various players that would lead us to believe that they are not sold on him. Also, maybe Marv feels that the fire is hot, while we have a high draft pick and a good young crop of QBs in this year's class. With no ties or loyalty to JP and a desire to start a new era, maybe they are hoping to draft a franchise QB. If that truly is how the coaching staff and front office feels, then I have no problem with them using JP as trade bait to negotiate a deal that leads to us positioning ourselves to draft one of these top QBs.

Then again, maybe all of this is pure speculation -- and JP will be our opening day starter after all. I don't see how the acquisition of Nall impacts JP's status, since Nall would be filling the #3 role vacated by Matthews anyway.

Has anyone considered that Levy is using this rumor as a way to manipulate the teams drafting after Buffalo.  If someone really wants a QB and thinks Buffalo may draft one in the first round, they may move up to take a QB or even trade picks with Buffalo.  This scenario keeps the other teams guessing as to what direction Buffalo may head in the draft.

636200[/snapback]

Marv is clever and being a history buff doing things like the allies did before dday so that the germans would think invasion was coming somewhere else.

They (Kirwian) discussed CN first.  I'll paraphrase.  He's the 3rd on GB.  Why move to another team to be the third?

636194[/snapback]

Actually CN was the backup. Rogders was third most of the year.

So if Kirwian said that than it just goes to show how much he actually knows.

Sounds like the speculation works as follows:

a.) Mini-camps will decide who is the starter this year.

b.) If Losman loses the battle, there's no sense keeping him around. In other words, if he doesn't even practice well, there's no "hope" for him to turn it into good on-the-field play. You don't give him first round money to be a backup.

c.) if he's not going to perform well, then try to get something for him, going with "plan b" Nall as the backup/QB of the future...

I don't think things are decided already, I think it's more about having a plan B in case they don't work out as hoped....regardless, it's all speculation. They could very well be quietly testing the market to see what their options are. But to automatically assume that they are going to trade him based on what one reporter says is kinda silly...

Has anyone considered that Levy is using this rumor as a way to manipulate the teams drafting after Buffalo.  If someone really wants a QB and thinks Buffalo may draft one in the first round, they may move up to take a QB or even trade picks with Buffalo.  This scenario keeps the other teams guessing as to what direction Buffalo may head in the draft.

636200[/snapback]

Interesting thought. I have been wondering how draft day trade-up/downs works. Let us say we are on the clock and have a killer prospect available that we do not need but someone below us does. If they know you are not going to pick him anyway but are willing to trade down, they will make the least offer they can (say their 1st round pick @ #9 pick and a 7th). So what do the Bills do ? Take it 'cos they atleast get a 7th rounder or say boo and pick someone else giving that other team a player anyway ?

But what you are suggesting may have merit. Cos then the other team(s) does not know what you are planning and can make a good offer for our pick.

Actually CN was the backup. Rogders was third most of the year.

So if Kirwian said that than it just goes to show how much he actually knows.

636233[/snapback]

He finished 3rd. Rogers got more time at the end of the season

Truthfully I don't have a clue about the GB qb depth chart. i was lying to support my statement