Levy on the verge of destroying his legacy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you're saying. But you or I could just "make moves". Which seems to be what Levy is doing. I havn't seen Levy sign a player yet that could start for last years 5-11 team. How does this make the team better?

If this is the Bills Free Agency plan? I am afraid to see what the Draft Day plan is.

634433[/snapback]

Maybe he should just sign big names....oops, we tried that already

What Marv does (or dosen't) do as a GM should count towards his legacy. The early signs are that Marv is way over head in this.

He has yet to sign one player that makes this team better then they were last season. Then again, if you were a Free Agent why would you come pay for the Levy led Bills? The only players signed are those just happy to have a job.

This team was said to have Cap room. Then the Cap was increased. It appears that Marv is either unwilling (more likely unable) to do anything with it.

The saddest thing? Is that in a year and half or two years when Levy gets fired or forced to step down? We will then have a 93 year old clueless owner out there trying to hire another GM.

I hope Golisano plans on buying the Bills. Looking at what he has done with the Sabres? I think he can save this once proud franchise and save it from this downward spiral.  :devil:

634343[/snapback]

seeing that you can see what is good for the bills , you should put some people together and buy the bills . are you some kind of football god that we should look up to ?

Lets just hope management picks up the pace and makes some moves that actually will make a difference form day one. So far we havent had a ttransaction that we can say definately made the team better. We can say however that releaseing some of the guys we did made the team worse. Im rooting for levy on this one but he has to make a couple big additions this offseason.

He has a lot of holes to fill and if he puts some average players in some while putting some very good players in other we can say he did a decent job.

Lets just hope management picks up the pace and makes some moves that actually will make a difference form day one. So far we havent had a ttransaction that we can say definately made the team better. We can say however that releaseing some of the guys we did made the team worse. Im rooting for levy on this one but he has to make a couple big additions this offseason.

He has a lot of holes to fill and if he puts some average players in some while putting some very good players in other we can say he did a decent job.

634447[/snapback]

how about we play some football and find out what we have . are you a football god ?

Geez, some of these posters are quite testy. Relax mead im just saying that im hoping for the best and rooting for marv to get a good team together for us. We havnt taken a snap yet and therefore we dont know what we got, youre right, but i dont like having so many transactions where we dont know until gametime if it was the right decesion but i guess thats football.

"never argue with a fool for those watching may not be able to tell the difference"

It's a shame that it's not even officially spring yet and there's Mel Kiper imposters popping up writing off the Bills because they didn't sign Bentley, Hutchinson and any other player rated over a 90 on Madden. There's a lot to be said for looking good on paper, but there's more to be said for looking good on the field. Marv is taking guys from under the radar who never fully got their chance to shine for whatever reason and giving them that shot. There is some scouting and evaluation done behind these signings......Marv's not just looking at the list and bringing in whoever his finger stops on. I think we need to give the team a little bit of slack here and put a little faith in what is going on. If it was Donahoe pulling these moves then there would be a reasonable basis for harsh criticism as he has shown a track record of faulty talent evaluation. Marv has proven himself over the years as capable as any other of his associates also enshrined in the Hall of Fame. Before anyone sitting behind their Keyboard calls out an 80 year old man capable of probably running circles around just about anyone on this board, I think you need to let the dust settle before you render a harsh and grotesquly premature evaluation.

"never argue with a fool for those watching may not be able to tell the difference"

It's a shame that it's not even officially spring yet and there's Mel Kiper imposters popping up writing off the Bills because they didn't sign Bentley, Hutchinson and any other player rated over a 90 on Madden.

634465[/snapback]

Actually, Kiper never claims to know a lot- he talks as if he knows he's overrated. Big difference there

From all the previous 'pollyanna' posts your post is the most interesting. Lets break it down.

Tripplett? Didn't he get benched? He's half the size and half the player Adams is. Adams was space eater. He took up blockers. Tripplett is an undersized pass rushing wanna be.

Royal? 18 catches 131 yards. And that's when he's healthy.

Wells? Started only nine games for a team that could only average 3.2 yards a carry? Don't any of you look this stuff up?

The miracle I want is for the owner of this team not to hire his friends and hire qualified employees.

This team needs three new starters on the defensive line and need to release evey offensive lineman on the roster. This team wasn't close. They are not better then the 5-11 record they had. They were probably worse. Adding other teams garbage isn't going to make this team better.  :devil:

634419[/snapback]

Triplett was one of the higher rated DT in free agency. I'm surprised you don't like him simply because the many publications out there tells you to. Adams is a space eater that DOES NOT stop the run. What happen to ADAMS when Pat Williams left? He was exposed. He is a good DT when paired with great DT. He makes plays no doubt, but he takes plays off too. Tripplet is a good football player at a good price.

Royal is an excellent blocker. We did not pick him up to catch passes although he has been a red zone threat in the past. Campbell was weak, all the TEs on the roster are poor blockers. That is one reason why we have such horrible results on short yardage and red zone situations. Royal will complement Everett and adds something we need.

Wells started 14 games in his 2nd year and then the first 9 last season. He was making great strides and then broke an ankle. Many in Arizona say he was their best linemen. His loss was part of the reason their running game suffered.

Who would you have signed?

What makes you more qualified than Marv, Modrak, and Jauron the rest of he staff?

What makes you more qualified than Marv, Modrak, and Jauron the rest of he staff?

634483[/snapback]

Because clearly, we fans...who have never held an NFL position in our lives and have never played in an NFL game...can make better judgements than old people. Because their old. And stupid. And we're not. Duh.

Because clearly, we fans...who have never held an NFL position in our lives and have never played in an NFL game...can make better judgements than old people.  Because their old.  And stupid.  And we're not.  Duh.

634485[/snapback]

What about Happy Gilmore's mother...she's old...she's o...ld

Because clearly, we fans...who have never held an NFL position in our lives and have never played in an NFL game...can make better judgements than old people.  Because their old.  And stupid.  And we're not.  Duh.

634485[/snapback]

I like your mock. You really think that Mangold will be there for our second rounder? That would be a steal.

I like your mock.  You really think that Mangold will be there for our second rounder?  That would be a steal.

634490[/snapback]

Well, since I posted that I've seen a lot of mocks with the Steelers taking him with the last pick in the first round, but its definitely within the realm of possibility that if he makes it past them, he'll land with us. However, if he doesnt get to our early 2nd round pick, I'd substitute Mangold with the best available guard, whether that be Joseph (who I love...he's also versatile which is a huge plus on our craptacular O-Line) or Giles, and then I'd change the Lutui pick to the best available tackle to help strengthen the O-Line.

I figure I'll update my draft at the beginning of April to compensate for any Bills signings...no need to draft a young QB like Gradowski if the Bills sign a young QB like Nall.