Fabini might visit later this week

Lurker

Per today's Buffalo News:

The Bills are expected to have more free-agent visitors this week. Defensive tackle Jermaine Haley, a former Miami Dolphin who was out of the NFL last season, is expected to visit, along with safety Keyon Nash, who has seen time with Oakland the past four seasons. There were indications out of New York the Bills may invite Jets free-agent left tackle Jason Fabini for a visit.

I've heard of him, so git er done, Marv! :doh:

The Bills are expected to have more free-agent visitors this week. Defensive tackle Jermaine Haley, a former Miami Dolphin who was out of the NFL last season, is expected to visit, along with safety Keyon Nash, who has seen time with Oakland the past four seasons. There were indications out of New York the Bills may invite Jets free-agent left tackle Jason Fabini for a visit.

I've heard of him, so git er done, Marv!    :doh:

630255[/snapback]

Haley was out with a serious injury I believe.

I've heard of him, so git er done, Marv!    :doh:

630255[/snapback]

As opposed to "I've never heard of Gandy"....how'd that work out? I was wondering about Fabini too. Anyone got an age on Fabs?

As opposed to "I've never heard of Gandy"....how'd that work out?  I was wondering about Fabini too.  Anyone got an age on Fabs?

630261[/snapback]

Fabini is 31 who will be 32 before the start of the season.

8 Year Veteran with 5 consecutive years of not missing a game until last year.

Here is Scouts Inc's take...

Comment:

He's just decent as a downfield run blocker and the more space he's in the less effective he becomes. However, with that said, Fabini is still a very solid starting LOT who uses his experience, power and toughness to get the job done at a very high level. Will jar many defenders upon initial contact. Does a good job of sustaining blocks and working to finish once he has locked on. He takes good angles and consistently does a good job with his first step as a run blocker. He is powerful at the POA and plays with a mean streak. Has adequate lower body strength and does a good job of driving his legs.

Fabini is 31 who will be 32 before the start of the season.

8 Year Veteran with 5 consecutive years of not missing a game until last year.

Here is Scouts Inc's take...

Comment:

He's just decent as a downfield run blocker and the more space he's in the less effective he becomes. However, with that said, Fabini is still a very solid starting LOT who uses his experience, power and toughness to get the job done at a very high level. Will jar many defenders upon initial contact. Does a good job of sustaining blocks and working to finish once he has locked on. He takes good angles and consistently does a good job with his first step as a run blocker. He is powerful at the POA and plays with a mean streak. Has adequate lower body strength and does a good job of driving his legs.

630400[/snapback]

Hell, sign him then.

Fabini's a decent LT.  Lt's can last until they are mid-30's so he could be a 4-5 solution.  If he is healthy, he should be considered.

630547[/snapback]

All you need to know is that he's visiting the Pats......he must be worth signing!

After losing Pinkett today, what do you think this board would do if Marv signed Jermaine Haley or Keyon Nash later this week???    :)

630978[/snapback]

The same thing they do after every signing... 80% complain and 20% support the move.

Do it Marv! :w00t:

Fabini was way better at RT for the Jets. If he signs, I bet anyone that is where he plays here. Yeah, you heard right VABills, Peters will play LT, and oh yes, he CAN play LT.

631147[/snapback]

You know of any of our linemen right now, I have no doubt athletically and size wise that Peters is best suited to play LT. Problem is the LT and C are the two spots where itelligence is also needed. This is where Vince Young becomes a Rhodes Scholar next to Peters. I don't believe Peters is really the solution long term on our offensive line. Not smart enough for LT or Center. Too soft for the run blocking needs at LG or RG, plus stunt recognition would kill the QB. And right tackle IMHO he is soft on run and doesn't drive the power guys well enough. Plus you have the problem of understanding the TE role on that side and what your blitz pickup duties are.

A torn pectoral muscle but he also had a right knee sprain earlier in the year, personally I'd rather have Pettigout from the Giants.

i had petitgout on my madden team and he was awesome. but that aside, i would think fabini could be a big improvement to our line, at either tackle spot. i wouldn't consider him washed up at 32, but what kind of deal would he command with other teams also interested. are the pats and bucs the only other suitors right now? certainly the pats won't break the bank for him and aren't the bucs in cap trouble? i also think this could help the interior O-line if gandy gets a shot at the LG spot. i hope marv gets him.