Lets get something straight

JPL7

Why the heck should anyone outside of the organization "support" Losman. Other than a hockey goalie, I can't think of another position more important in professional sports, and we should have faith in Losman because we haven't seen him suck long enough yet?

Losman is a football player, if he needs support from fans and media, he'll never make it. I want to see Losman throwing darts in preseason and leading the team, giving the fans and the media a big eff you while he's at it.

But this is his 3rd year - blah, blah, blah injuries, blah blah blah offensive line. If he can't convince the new coaching staff and his teammates - not the fans - that he can lead the team, get rid of him. It's not easy to find and develop a good or great QB, but that doesn't mean the team should suffer for 3 or 4 years after every mistake.

I like Losman and I hope he succeeds, but I said the same thing about Todd Collins, Rob Johnson and Drew Bledsoe. Ultimately I cheer for the laundry and I'm sick of football season ending by Week 10.

Losman can make me a believer - until then he's just another one of TD's "brilliant" moves.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

a big part of why JP hasn't been able to read defenses and identify the hot read is the lack of grey matter between  his ears.

Teflon was again overwhelmed by physical tools with a total disregard of teh mental part of the game.

Maybe it will come for JP- but don't hold your breath.

Bills should hedge their bets and bring in another QB to challenge.

A 6th for Patrick Ramsey is good insurance. Brian Griese would be even better.

Too bad the REdskins signed Todd Collins :doh:

630218[/snapback]

Are there any rookie QB's who do not possess this same grey matter?

I just dont understand the lack of patience with Losman.....

I mean.....I could understand if he had that "Deer in the Headlights" look like a Todd Collins (I knew he would be a bust for us from day 1) but that isnt the case....Losman's competitive fire actually was a plus AND a minus last year.

But you know what? People need to stop looking at Ben Rothelsburger as the prototype for what a young QB should look like.....Ben was in the perfect situation in his first year where all he had to do was not make mistakes.....

Rivers....Manning....others...a long list of 1st round QB's did not look great their first year....

and one more thing, stop wishing/rooting that god damn Kelly Holcomb is going to be our starter. if u think KH is going to lead us anywhere, you are delusional.

629931[/snapback]

I am absolutely STUNNED that Holcumbs_Arm has NOT posted in this thread based on this comment! :doh:;)

I mean.....I could understand if he had that "Deer in the Headlights" look like a Todd Collins (I knew he would be a bust for us from day 1) but that isnt the case....Losman's competitive fire actually was a plus AND a minus last year.

But you know what?  People need to stop looking at Ben Rothelsburger as the prototype for what a young QB should look like.....Ben was in the perfect situation in his first year where all he had to do was not make mistakes.....

Rivers....Manning....others...a long list of 1st round QB's did not look great their first year....

630514[/snapback]

I hope you know I was joking.

JP had flashes of brilliance last year. He also made some rookie mistakes. He seemed to be alot better after being benched but he didn't get any help from the defense.

Remember the Dolphin game?

He might be an arrogant SOB but so wasn't our beloved Jim Kelley. Give him time. It took 3 full years for Palmer to amount to anything. JP has had 1 full year so far.

JP had flashes of brilliance last year.  He also made some rookie mistakes.  He seemed to be alot better after being benched but he didn't get any help from the defense.

Remember the Dolphin game? 

He might be an arrogant SOB but so wasn't our beloved Jim Kelley.  Give him time.  It took 3 full years for Palmer to amount to anything.  JP has had 1 full year so far.

630545[/snapback]

No Palmer was good his 2nd year, after not playing a single down his first year. Palmer in his 3rd year was great.

630514[/snapback]

Personally, it's not a lack of patience with Losman but with the organization and its willingness to put the responsibility for the team's success on an unproven, inexperienced player AGAIN. If the organization (Levy or Jauron) came out and said developing Losman is a priority, I would feel better. Instead, with the "open competition" for QB in camp, Losman needs to "beat" Holcomb or he sits again.

Since I don't think our two QBs are similar enough to successfully run the same plays, do we design around Holcomb or Losman? If Holcomb wins the competition and our offense is built around his strengths, it doesn't seem to be an ideal learning situation for Losman. Plus, if Holcomb gets injured, the offense will need to adjust to a different style, limiting Losman's ability to shine.

I'll show patience when I see some changes setting up Losman for success - ditch Holcomb and bring in a vet QB with a similar style to Losman and ready to be a mentor rather than competitor. Setup the offense for Losman's style, but don't throw him into the job until he's ready.

I hope Losman can step in, easily win the job in preseason, and then light it up all year. But hoping and planning are two different things.

No Palmer was good his 2nd year, after not playing a single down his first year.  Palmer in his 3rd year was great.

630554[/snapback]

Palmer also played four years of college ball as a starter. The "raw" tag that Losman had coming out of school wasn't due to his talent, it was his experience and the mess of the program he was in. He was young and he only played two years as a starter. Rivers played four and Eli Manning and Big Ben I think played three.

Palmer also played four years of college ball as a starter. The "raw" tag that Losman had coming out of school wasn't due to his talent, it was his experience and the mess of the program he was in. He was young and he only played two years as a starter. Rivers played four and Eli Manning and Big Ben I think played three.

630569[/snapback]

So we sit around for 4-5 years as he develops? Not a friggen chance.

I also think that most Bills fans would LOVE it if JP succeeds.  ;)  :doh:

630649[/snapback]

Absolutely. And if a team makes a move to draft a QB with their top pick and doesn't give the guy a shot, they are idiots. Not because the guy didn't pan out, but because you will earn a bad reputation. That comes back to bite you in subtle ways.

Even with all the greed and antics in the NFL, good sportsmanship and a fair shake still counts.

No, I am saying this is the year it should start to kick in for him if you're comparing him to Palmer after you said he was good in his second year and great in his third.

630670[/snapback]

Well Losman wasn't good last year. And before you start, Losman played more then Palmer did, his first year, as Palmer never saw the field.

So we sit around for 4-5 years as he develops?  Not a friggen chance.

630573[/snapback]

No we dont wait 4 years.....we put him in a position to succeed.

- Get him big targets that can get separation

- Put OL in front of him that give him a chance to plant and throw

- Put OL in front of him that can open some holes in the running game

- Put a defense on the field that can create some turnovers

Well Losman wasn't good last year.  And before you start, Losman played more then Palmer did, his first year, as Palmer never saw the field.

630674[/snapback]

Losman never saw the field his first year, either. (I believe you said this will be LP's thrid year..technically, it is...but it will be only his second getting any playing time.) The question is how much PT did each get their second year?