4 words Bills fans must understand, NOW!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Bledsoe did his final year here...I guess you have a point there.

629793[/snapback]

Mostly because he's slow and a rookie and they have no line and a complete new staff and rookie coach. He may well be good down the line, but I will bet you anything that the Bills finish ahead of the Jets this year if Leinart is their starter.

The Bills will have problems this season, but the Jets will be worse. Leinart may become a good NFL qb, but he will be a rookie this season and the Jets will have a poor offensive line.

I am concerned about the Bills. We have too many holes to fill. We had holes to fill before releasing Adams, Milloy and possibly Moulds (plus free agents Teague, Reed, Bannan, and Denny). I am okay with the signings so far, but we need a lot more help. We also need to figure out our qb situation. If JP does not prove to be the guy this year (assuming he gets the chance), we will back at square one.

The Bills will have problems this season, but the Jets will be worse.  Leinart may become a good NFL qb, but he will be a rookie this season and the Jets will have a poor offensive line.

I am concerned about the Bills.  We have too many holes to fill.  We had holes to fill before releasing Adams, Milloy and possibly Moulds (plus free agents Teague, Reed, Bannan, and Denny).  I am okay with the signings so far, but we need a lot more help.  We also need to figure out our qb situation.  If JP does not prove to be the guy this year (assuming he gets the chance), we will back at square one.

629820[/snapback]

Did I miss the Draft ?? Didn't know Leinart was a member of the Jets ?

JESUS *$&$&$ CHRIST

Why dont we just pack up the season then..... :(

Yes injured Culpepper who has never won anything puts a Miami team over the top that still has a horrible offensive line...yup

Lionheart who every game I WATCHED last year basically sucked @ss if he didn't get great protection (I saw some games where he was just flat out INACCURATE)

I dont worry about any other teams except ours......there IS talent on this team we need to shore up our weaknesses.....

- We have a rookie QB who will get better with time....he has shown flashes of greatness

- Our defense was top 5 only a couple of years ago....need to fix the holes

- Our ST's is the BEST

On THAT we agree.  Hopefully, the coaches will put him in a position to succeed.

629778[/snapback]

I'm certain they will gameplan to his strengths. If he fails, it won't be because of the coaches. JP will succeed because he's good enough. Should he falter, it will be of his own doing. The brunt of the responsibility of his success or failures rests with JP. It is time for him to perform and lead this team.

Funny...I have a fairly decent command of the English language, but I still don't understand those words.

I fully expect the Bills to contend for the AFC East.

629780[/snapback]

I hope you're right, but I really expect Losman to struggle even more than last year- if I heard right, we are swithing to a west coast offense, and that is a steep learning curve. Hopefully they stick with him though

What if we get Ngata and Culpepper and Leinart get achilles injuries?  Would that be ok?

What if we get Ngata and Culpepper gets an achilles injury and Leinart gets an ACL injury?

What if we get Ngata and Leinart gets an achilles injury and Culpepper gets an ACL injury?

What if we get Ngata and Leinart gets a rotator cuff injury and Culpepper gets an ACL injury?

What if we get Ngata and Leinart gets an achilles injury and Culpepper gets a rotator cuff injury?

What if the fish actually don't get a secondary?  They don't have one now?  Will that help?

What if the Jets, who stunk last year, lost Abraham?  Would that matter?

629740[/snapback]

What didn't you understand? None of that matters - we must still forget about the playoffs "UNLESS we get Ngata, and Culpepper and Leinart get ACL injury's [sic] either in training camp or in the preseason."

Has to be an ACL, and has to be in camp or preseason - if they go down in week one, our fate is still sealed. :(

Miami got Culpepper and the Jets are likely to get Leinart.  It's over, forget about, there is NO WAY we can be competative this year in our conference.  I don't care if we finish again this year 5-11 again.  Lets be honest here, Miami is at least twice as good as the Bills now, the Jets will be extremely good once Leinart is in town, and the Patriots.....we you know.  Levy even said we are going to rebuild this team.  It going to be hard on fans to see us not do good this year but we are basically going into seclusion like the Bengals did for 2 years and look at what happened to them last year.  They made the playoffs.

It seems like Buffalo fans like myself and others get way too overconfident and expect this team to make the playoffs every year.  Yes we have a very long drought of not making the playoffs, but that is because we don't let this team rebuild.  Lets just get one this straight, if we don't make the playoffs this year which is all but inevitable, lets not put the blame on the coaches, or Jauron, or Levy.  And in the end fire our HC and have to rebuild this team all over again.  Look at these team that made the playoffs over the past years.  They were teams that were absolutely awful in the late 90s, but given time to bond with there HC and GM over several year the team came together and made the playoffs/superbowl.  Like the Patriots (bad in the late 90s but good after a few years with Belichick as the HC.  And the fans SUPPORTED this.  Look at what happened to team after turn of the millenium.  We need to do the same.

It will be hard but we need to support this team more even when this team is doing bad.  It's not all going to come together like that in one year.  Everything about this team is NEW.  Our GM, HC, Assistant coach, and players.  So if this team does miss the playoffs again the fans got to stop blaming everyone in this organization for the bad season and live with it for however long it take to rebuild this team.  Right now this team coaching staff is perfect.  Jauron is a very good HC, and we got Marv back with this team at a new position in his career (which may take a few years to get used to since he was our former HC and left the NFL for some time.)  So this year and possibly next year we need to start saying these words in our head and start rebuilding this team.  FORGET ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS. :(

629697[/snapback]

I don't necessarily disagree with the conclusion but this IS the NFL where 5-11 teams can win a division and improve overnight with little notice and some sound moves. I look at the games that Meathead cost us (at Jets, at Dolphins, at NE), and see a glass that could be half full. Last year's record was slightly deceiving IMO.

4 days into free agency and already the bridge jumpers are out.  I love it. :(

PTR

629885[/snapback]

Wonder how many bridge jumpers there were when Trent Green was injured in the last preseason game for the Rams a few years ago. (Rams 23 Titans 16).Not predicting anything like that here but geez the depression on this board is.... depressing

What didn't you understand?  None of that matters - we must still forget about the playoffs "UNLESS we get Ngata, and Culpepper and Leinart get ACL injury's [sic] either in training camp or in the preseason."

Has to be an ACL, and has to be in camp or preseason - if they go down in week one, our fate is still sealed. :(

629893[/snapback]

YES! But we still would have to worry about the Patriots who have been murdering Buffalo everytime we play them.

I like the Bills chances of winning this year just because of the attitudes of everyone here. take a look at the sabres board before the season blasting Regier for his lack of moves ans signings.

Yes the sabres just about made the playoffs in their last season but now they are looking at having a chance at the cup. Who knows, the Bills might be next, thats why I will atleast wait til the season starts before I start saying the team doesn't have a chance.

But I guess I'm wrong cause a bunch of wannabe internet sports experts think the Team sucks before seeing what we have yet.

YES!  But we still would have to worry about the Patriots who have been murdering Buffalo everytime we play them.

630016[/snapback]

NO! I wouldn't exactly call last season's 21-16 loss a "murdering", especially since we were winning with 6 minutes to play. I'd attribute that loss to Mularkey & Co. - they are gone now, no?

Likewise, even in the 31-17 loss in '04, we were driving for the 24-24 tie in the last 3 minutes, when Richard Seymour had a 68-yard fumble return for a TD with 2:44 left - again, not exactly what I'd call a "murdering".

The Patriots have lost their second Offensive Coordinator in as many years, they have a depleted WR core, last I looked, plus both NE and Brady showed vulnerabilities last season - especially in the 49-24 playoff loss to Denver.

The Jets, well they're the Jets - they SUCK. (By definition, all teams from New Jersey suck.) We did finish ahead of them no? I think that's why they're drafting ahead of us.

Miami's a question mark, but your statement that they are "at least twice as good as the Bills" is just so far off the mark that I don't know how to respond. I expect us to sweep them in '06.

Ya gotta think a little more positively there, LSI. Low expectations certainly guarantee that you won't be disappointed, but the AFC East is not the division it once was - even the Bills have a shot. I fully expect Buffalo to contend for the division this season.

The Bills will have problems this season, but the Jets will be worse.  Leinart may become a good NFL qb, but he will be a rookie this season and the Jets will have a poor offensive line.

I am concerned about the Bills.  We have too many holes to fill.  We had holes to fill before releasing Adams, Milloy and possibly Moulds (plus free agents Teague, Reed, Bannan, and Denny).  I am okay with the signings so far, but we need a lot more help.  We also need to figure out our qb situation.  If JP does not prove to be the guy this year (assuming he gets the chance), we will back at square one.

629820[/snapback]

Sounds about right. Jets and Bills are rebuilding. Miami looked to be on the upswing prior to grabbing Culpepper.

Somewhere in the 4-12 to 7-9 range sounds about right.

I'm certain they will gameplan to his strengths. If he fails, it won't be because of the coaches. JP will succeed because he's good enough. Should he falter, it will be of his own doing. The brunt of the responsibility of his success or failures rests with JP. It is time for him to perform and lead this team.

629876[/snapback]

Lead this team in the rebuilding year. This not the year were going to make a playoff run. This has to be a year of player evaluation and seeing if JP can be leader on this team.

The Firggin Jets are a team in bigger disaray then the Bills and no one season will fix them. in fact the Jits have a much longer rebuilding period ahead of them.

Miami ain't nothing to be worried about IMO, they'll look great in Sept Oct, and look like Miami in Nov and Dec.