Any updates on Pickett?

From ESPN Insider:

Packers eyeing Pickett

<Mar. 14> Pickett visited Green Bay on Monday and is headed to Buffalo for a meeting with the Bills, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. The Packers are extremely interested in free-agent nose tackle, but they will face plenty of competition.

"He was our first guy in," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "We gave him our sales pitch. I thought it went very well today. I had a very good talk with him and his wife."

The Rams have a strong offer on the table for Pickett. The Bills, who also have enough cap room to sign Pickett for an expected $4 million per year or so, want him to pair inside with newly acquired Larry Tripplett.

"He said he was talking to a few other teams," McCarthy said. "I think we have a good shot."

I dont know why but I get this image of the golden boys showing their "father figure side"

And they are off buying Ice Cream and playing video games

As long as they don't show their touchy feely creepy uncle side.

Interesting, since it appears it's down to the Bills and the Pack for Pickett:

Packers | Favre asks for team to be active in free agency

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:40:14 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre has told the Packers' front office to become more active in free agency and he will return to the team.

Interesting, since it appears it's down to the Bills and the Pack for Pickett:

Packers | Favre asks for team to be active in free agency

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:40:14 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre has told the Packers' front office to become more active in free agency and he will return to the team.

630643[/snapback]

I've never seen a team so controlled by 1 single player who is on the downslide of a great career. The pack should go about rebuilding the way they see fit, not the way brett sees fit. If he doesnt like it, they shoudl tell him to take a hike or retire. But they dont have the cojones to do that in green bay.

I've never seen a team so controlled by 1 single player who is on the downslide of a great career. The pack should go about rebuilding the way they see fit, not the way brett sees fit. If he doesnt like it, they shoudl tell him to take a hike or retire. But they dont have the cojones to do that in green bay.

630675[/snapback]

I would have sat Favre last year and let Rogers get 6-7 starts last year. There was no reason for Brett to be playing the majority of snaps down the stretch.

I would have sat Favre last year and let Rogers get 6-7 starts last year.  There was no reason for Brett to be playing the majority of snaps down the stretch.

630678[/snapback]

Well, they wanted ot keep favre's games started streak intact. But there was no reason why Aaron Rogers shouldnt have been playing the 2nd half of most of those stretch games. Apparently, sherman went to the mike mularkey school of QB decisions.

SF let go of montana, GB needs to do the same with favre.

630675[/snapback]

the problem is that rogers looks terrible -- really terrible. you can't win in the nfl without a qb, and favre is still very good (last season's stats had more to do with the arena league-level supporting cast than any physical decline on his part).

you can't win in the nfl without a qb, and favre is still very good (last season's stats had more to do with the arena league-level supporting cast than any physical decline on his part).

630685[/snapback]

I thought you could only win with a dominatn offensive and defensive line, no matter what QB or WR or RB you have on the team?

630643[/snapback]

"Be more active in Free Agency and I will try and throw 40 Interceptions next year."

This all but assures the Packers front office won't make any more moves in FA :doh: . It is their only way out since they can't cut him.

I thought I read that he is still in town working on a deal?

630693[/snapback]

Actually, I was at the stadium at lunch shopping in the Bills store and saw Pickett using his brand new 10% discount card for some souvenirs...and then he jumped in his brand new Toyota Land Cruiser and sped away.

Actually, I was at the stadium at lunch shopping in the Bills store and saw Pickett using his brand new 10% discount card for some souvenirs...and then he jumped in his brand new Toyota Land Cruiser and sped away.

630751[/snapback]

The free agent sped off in a limo flying a blue and red flag...

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO???