Biggest reason I hope Bills sign Pickett

I really hope the Bills ink Pickett either today or tomorrow...to lessen the chances of drafting a guy like Ngata...the thought of the Bills taking Ngata just does not sit well with me at all...would love to see the Bills either trade down or somehow get a guy like Huff or Vernon Davis.

Thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the Bills ink Pickett either today or tomorrow...to lessen the chances of drafting a guy like Ngata...the thought of the Bills taking Ngata just does not sit well with me at all...would love to see the Bills either trade down or somehow get a guy like Huff or Vernon Davis.

Thoughts?

626854[/snapback]

I loathe the thought of drafting a S at #8.

Maybe not Ngata, but I'd still like to see a day 1 DT picked this year, in addition to a FA like Pickett... I don't want to see both Anderson & Sape be the bottom half of the DT rotation anymore, sorry fellow Sape-sters. :(

exactly.

next question: why would we ever want to waste another high draft pick on a guy from Texas when every one of these can't-miss Texas 1st rounders flop?

My thoughts exactly. No Longhorns in the high 1st round.

exactly.

next question: why would we ever want to waste another high draft pick on a guy from Texas when every one of these can't-miss Texas 1st rounders flop?

627048[/snapback]

Nathan Vasher turned out OK, he was a member of that secondary and no where near as highly regarded as Huff

exactly.

627048[/snapback]

You can't be serious. You would seriously pass on a player because they went to Texas and in your mind Texas players are not successful? Amazing. I'm going to add you to the list of people that I'm glad aren't the GM of the Buffalo Bills :(

Vernon Davis might be the best Tight End to come out of college in years....we have a young QB who needs a big target who can get separation......

626873[/snapback]

Some weeks before i thing that Ngata was best choice but now i believe in V Davis.

:huh::devil::devil::doh::(

Right now our major need is defensive tackle, then Offensive tackle. That means Ngata unless there sre some real stud DT's out there in free agency. Huff is a very good safety prospect, but he isn't going to make much of a difference next season. Ngata will make a difference. Davis could also make a difference next season and I could almost understand drafting him assuming we found a very good DT somewhere else and addressed the o-line with pretty much the rest of the draft. But Huff (a great player) is a luxury that we can't afford.

Right now our major need is defensive tackle, then Offensive tackle. That means Ngata unless there sre some real stud DT's out there in free agency.  Huff is a very good safety prospect, but he isn't going to make much of a difference next season. Ngata will make a difference.  Davis could also make a difference next season and I could almost understand drafting him assuming we found a very good DT somewhere else and addressed the o-line with pretty much the rest of the draft.  But Huff (a great player) is a luxury that we can't afford.

627239[/snapback]

Is Pickett that "very good DT?"