Andre Davis and our new QB????

ans4e64

Andre Davis did really well with Kelly Holcomb in cleveland. I wonder if Marv and Dick just thought that davis was a good receiver, or if holcomb put is 2 cents in on him. If so, i wonder if they are leaning towards holcomb as the starter. I know they say the QB spot is open competition but i read Marv's book and he clearly stated that when you draft a QB in the 1st round, in order for him to become a good player you need to sit him the first year no matter what your record, and then if he's ready bring him in half way during the second season and never just give the spot to him.

Andre Davis did really well with Kelly Holcomb in cleveland. I wonder if Marv and Dick just thought that davis was a good receiver, or if holcomb put is 2 cents in on him. If so, i wonder if they are leaning towards holcomb as the starter. I know they say the QB spot is open competition but i read Marv's book and he clearly stated that when you draft a QB in the 1st round, in order for him to become a good player you need to sit him the first year no matter what your record, and then if he's ready bring him in half way during the second season and never just give the spot to him.

625628[/snapback]

The only way KH is the starting QB on openning day is if JP has a putrid preseason. Marv and DJ can say what they want about it being an "open competition", but it's not.

JP is the man. The only thing that will prevent him from being the starter, like I said, is if he totally f***s up preseason. If it's a even a tie between JP and KH, the job will still go to JP.

The team has too much invested in the kid NOT to give him a fair shot this year.

625628[/snapback]

There is no doubt in my mind that Holcomb starts the season! J P gets in if Holcomb doesn't produce or get's injured but that's about it.

The only way KH is the starting QB on openning day is if JP has a putrid preseason. Marv and DJ can say what they want about it being an "open competition", but it's not.

JP is the man. The only thing that will prevent him from being the starter, like I said, is if he totally f***s up preseason. If it's a even a tie between JP and KH, the job will still go to JP.

The team has too much invested in the kid NOT to give him a fair shot this year.

625635[/snapback]

so your argument is that he is purely the starter because we have too much invested in him? Did you forget we cut mike williams this offseason?

hahaha, you guys, im not saying that I want holcomb to start over losman, im just asking if you think thats what marv wants. Personally i like losman, there are things he can do that holcomb could only dream about

If Holcomb starts the season. Let's hope his season lasts no more than the first series of down.

Puh-leeze! This team needs to move forward - not sideways.

625642[/snapback]

holcomb will not be the starter . i think it will be JP but they could bring in some one else to be the starter.iam with you on ,if KH starts I hope it is short .

hahaha, you guys, im not saying that I want holcomb to start over losman, im just asking if you think thats what marv wants. Personally i like losman, there are things he can do that holcomb could only dream about

625649[/snapback]

And the answer is no.

The economics of the game is the deciding factor here. The team gave up a too much to get JP to give him only 8 starts and declare him a bust -- especially in favor of a 32 year old journey man with no arm and no heart. Marv knows this. DJ knows this. Ralph knows it.

I'm not saying JP is the answer, it's far too early to tell. But the fact is that regardless of the politically correct statements from OBD about it being an "open competition" it most certainly is not. It will take a f*** up of Ryan Lief proportions in preseason for JP to not be the starter on openning day.

625649[/snapback]

I think Marv's taking a very measured and practical approach to the QB position. The fact that he's brought in someone that KH is familiar with is a plus - as it will give KH a bit more comfort and he'll have at least one WR that should be on the same page with him - and that won't be depending on if it's "that time of the month" or not.

That being said, I hope JP's play in training camp, pre-season and the season gives KH chop stick sized splinters in his butt cheeks. I hope KH doesn't get anywhere near the field this season unless it's mop-up time.

And the answer is no.

The economics of the game is the deciding factor here. The team gave up a too much to get JP to give him only 8 starts and declare him a bust -- especially in favor of a 32 year old journey man with no arm and no heart. Marv knows this. DJ knows this. Ralph knows it.

I'm not saying JP is the answer, it's far too early to tell. But the fact is that regardless of the politically correct statements from OBD about it being an "open competition" it most certainly is not. It will take a f*** up of Ryan Lief proportions in preseason for JP to not be the starter on openning day.

625655[/snapback]

Bull - This is exactly why TD was fired. - He believed that investment crap also and threw JP on the field too early. JP has to prove he belongs on the field.

Mike Williams should have been pulled off the field earlier and just maybe he would have been a better player.

Egonomics deciding when and were players play is how you become a bad team not making players earn the postions.

It's how we became a bad team. TD insisted on his Drafted players playing even if they did not produce.

Bull - This is exactly why TD was fired. - He believed that investment crap also and threw JP on the field too early.  JP has to prove he belongs on the field.

Mike Williams should have been pulled off the field earlier and just maybe he would have been a better player.

Egonomics deciding when and were players play is how you become a bad team not making players earn the postions. 

It's how we became a bad team.  TD insisted on his Drafted players playing even if they did not produce.

625664[/snapback]

No, you become a bad team by giving up 3 picks on a talented QB and then only giving him 8 games to prove his worth.

If you throw JP away now and he signs with another team and blows up -- then what would you say? You'd be f'ing furious.

MW was a bust, but he was given time to prove he was a bust. I'm not saying you give JP 4 years, but you damned well give him more than 8 starts or else you're asking for disaster.

It was hard to get a read on Davis during his Cleveland days. One week he'd be a star, the next week it was Kevin Johnson, the following week it would be Northcutt and the week after that it would be Quincy Morgan.

I don't know if it was the system or something else, but his career in Cleveland had highs and lows and seemingly no middle ground.

No, you become a bad team by giving up 3 picks on a talented QB and then only giving him 8 games to prove his worth.

If you throw JP away now and he signs with another team and blows up -- then what would you say? You'd be f'ing furious.

MW was a bust, but he was given time to prove he was a bust. I'm not saying you give JP 4 years, but you damned well give him more than 8 starts or else you're asking for disaster.

625668[/snapback]

Who said anything about throwing JP away. This is the crap you guys do when you know your wrong. All anybody has said is that he should earn it. And I disagree with you that the QB position not being up for grabs.

It is up for grabs and Holcomb will most likely start the season. IMO- and it will have nothing to do with egonomics.

You are the one who believes that JP will start without proving himself first. And you are the one ready to do what was done last year.

Nobody is suggesting that JP be thrown away or traded or anything other then him proving himself first.

And as far as Holcomb having heart, that is his biggest strength as a QB.

You better start watching the games before you report on them.

Who said anything about throwing JP away.  This is the crap you guys do when you know your wrong.  All anybody has said is that he should earn it.  And I disagree with you that the QB position not being up for grabs. 

It is up for grabs and Holcomb will most likely start the season. IMO- and it will have nothing to do with egonomics.

You are the one who believes that JP will start without proving himself first.  And you are the one ready to do what was done last year.

Nobody is suggesting that JP be thrown away or traded or anything other then him proving himself first.

And as far as Holcomb having heart, that is his biggest strength as a QB.

You better start watching the games before you report on them.

625696[/snapback]

If you call checking down to a 3 yard pattern every third and long as having "heart" then you have no idea what heart is.

I will go on record right now and say unequivically that Holcomb will not be the starter opening day. There is no way that will happen given the realities of the situation.

The only way someone other than JP is the starter is if JP gets injured or if they make a deal to bring in another veteran (which is a long shot). Holcomb is NOT a starting QB. He is a good backup -- that's it.

It may be an open competition, but I have to believe it's JP's to lose. You know what you have in KH, a smart player, understands the game, but has no arm to speak of. JP has the potential to improve, so unless the gap between them is huge, I think the Bills would be crazy to start KH as he isn't the answer.

The only reason to start KH is if you're ready to give up on JP.

625628[/snapback]

Another thread shows they played very little together.

There is no doubt in my mind that Holcomb starts the season! J P gets in if Holcomb doesn't produce or get's injured but that's about it.

625636[/snapback]

The only way KH starts is if he soundly outplays JP in practice and pre-season. IMO, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that will happen. JP will beat KH like a rented mule this preseason.

If you call checking down to a 3 yard pattern every third and long as having "heart" then you have no idea what heart is.

I will go on record right now and say unequivically that Holcomb will not be the starter opening day. There is no way that will happen given the realities of the situation.

The only way someone other than JP is the starter is if JP gets injured or if they make a deal to bring in another veteran (which is a long shot). Holcomb is NOT a starting QB. He is a good backup -- that's it.

625705[/snapback]

OK what ever you say. Your the man and you know it all.

Just remember to tell the coaches.

I can assume that this is your pick based not on talent, brains and heart - because Holcomb has none of that. This is based on all the money that JP has received!

You my man are one clever person! <_<

625628[/snapback]

Well, we can just ignore the fact we have 3 speed WR's in Evans, Parrish and now Davis, and by starting holcomb, we'd have no way of getting them the ball more than 15 yards downfield with his limp arm.

Signing speed WR's to stretch the field means you need a QB to get them the ball. And since i can throw further than holcomb, that points to the fact that the coaching staff wants JP on the field.

Well, we can just ignore the fact we have 3 speed WR's in Evans, Parrish and now Davis, and by starting holcomb, we'd have no way of getting them the ball more than 15 yards downfield with his limp arm.

Signing speed WR's to stretch the field means you need a QB to get them the ball. And since i can throw further than holcomb, that points to the fact that the coaching staff wants JP on the field.

625780[/snapback]

I couldn't have said that better....

I couldn't have said that better....

625794[/snapback]

And your avatar couldn't have said it without saying "git er done!" and "that's funny right there" about forty times. <_<

625780[/snapback]

Maybe. But Marv's talked about adding another QB to the mix. Maybe he doesn't want either Holcomb or Losman to be his starter.