Great Start to Free Agency

Mopreme

Robert Royal sucks. There is no reason to sign such a bum for so much money. He cannot catch the ball, simple as that. The sad thing is that the Bills will probably not consider a TE in the draft such as Davis or Lewis in the early rounds. Why should they, with two TE's with blown out knees and a butterfingers type TE on the roster!

Why is Andre Davis in town, shouldn't it be Antonio Bryant? Marv is simply too old. Jauren is his B word, so he won't make any decisions on his own. Cutting Sam Adams was a mistake too. I don't like the prospect that the Bills will draft Ngata, boring pick and no playmaker.

*breaks out the world's smallest violin*

Here's the deal, we havent even released Moulds yet...in fact, as time goes on I dont think we will under the new CBA. So, we bring in Antonio Bryant to do...what? Be our 3rd or 4th WR? Yeah, he'll love that after being a #1.

Andre Davis is a guy with a LOT of talent who I'd love to see be brought into Buffalo.

And I'm not thrilled with the Royal signing either, but hell...there must be something positive about him that Marv sees.

*breaks out the world's smallest violin*

Here's the deal, we havent even released Moulds yet...in fact, as time goes on I dont think we will under the new CBA.  So, we bring in Antonio Bryant to do...what?  Be our 3rd or 4th WR?  Yeah, he'll love that after being a #1. 

Andre Davis is a guy with a LOT of talent who I'd love to see be brought into Buffalo.

And I'm not thrilled with the Royal signing either, but hell...there must be something positive about him that Marv sees.

624765[/snapback]

BGIM isn't Davis a Capital District kid?

Robert Royal sucks.  There is no reason to sign such a bum for so much money.  He cannot catch the ball, simple as that.  The sad thing is that the Bills will probably not consider a TE in the draft such as Davis or Lewis in the early rounds.  Why should they, with two TE's with blown out knees and a butterfingers type TE on the roster!

Why is Andre Davis in town, shouldn't it be Antonio Bryant?  Marv is simply too old.  Jauren is his B word, so he won't make any decisions on his own.  Cutting Sam Adams was a mistake too.  I don't like the prospect that the Bills will draft Ngata, boring pick and no playmaker.

624758[/snapback]

Lewis runs the 40 slower slower than many DT's (at least at the combine). Maybe he's the next Pete!!! Catch the ball and fall down as fast as you can. :lol:

Robert Royal sucks.  There is no reason to sign such a bum for so much money.  He cannot catch the ball, simple as that.  The sad thing is that the Bills will probably not consider a TE in the draft such as Davis or Lewis in the early rounds.  Why should they, with two TE's with blown out knees and a butterfingers type TE on the roster!

Why is Andre Davis in town, shouldn't it be Antonio Bryant?  Marv is simply too old.  Jauren is his B word, so he won't make any decisions on his own.  Cutting Sam Adams was a mistake too.  I don't like the prospect that the Bills will draft Ngata, boring pick and no playmaker.

624758[/snapback]

With all your experience, it is amazing your not the GM, coach and owner. Give the front office a break, the season hasn't even started yet. We sat and waited for 5 years with Donohoe, can't you wait at least a few months with Marv?

Lewis runs the 40 slower slower than many DT's (at least at the combine). Maybe he's the next Pete!!! Catch the ball and fall down as fast as you can.  :lol:

624770[/snapback]

Ah, good old Metz.....

I actually saw him score a long TD once, can't remember the game, but all I kept thinking was "run you turtle, run!"......Loved old Metz, but his strengths were blocking and owning a very good pair of hands. After watching him try to run a few times and then fumbling the ball, I actually prefered for him to catch it and fall down...

Still he's was a far better TE than anything we've had since....

Ah, good old Metz.....

I actually saw him score a long TD once, can't remember the game, but all I kept thinking was "run you turtle, run!"......Loved old Metz, but his strengths were blocking and owning a very good pair of hands. After watching him try to run a few times and then fumbling the ball, I actually prefered for him to catch it and fall down...

Still he's was a far better TE than anything we've had since....

624985[/snapback]

Metz displayed his 7.9 40 split, against the bengals on halloween (92?) and against the niners in 92.

Lewis runs the 40 slower slower than many DT's (at least at the combine). Maybe he's the next Pete!!! Catch the ball and fall down as fast as you can.  :blink:

624770[/snapback]

Lewis ran slow but I don't know of any DTs who ran a 4.86 or better. He's much faster on the field.

624758[/snapback]

The only thing I will state is hes not worth a 5yr 10 mil contract period. Which leads me to the belief we will be over payin overrated talent.

Sam adams needed to be released. Andre Davis is not that good but could be a nice 4th reciever.

624758[/snapback]

It's hard to believe they signed a horrendous whipping boy like Royal, let alone for anything above the minimum. He was quited hated. :blink:

With all your experience, it is amazing your not the GM, coach and owner.  Give the front office a break, the season hasn't even started yet.  We sat and waited for 5 years with Donohoe, can't you wait at least a few months with Marv?

624793[/snapback]

Plus, Antonio Bryant is probably your type of guy - shoot from the hip and disengage the brain from the lip.

Not according to the 'Skins message board.  But if it makes you feel good, go with it.

625069[/snapback]

You must not have read those 8 pages, huh? Its a bunch of Skin fans laughing at how much we paid for Royal...comments like "Ralph Wilson really must have been asleep in those meetings" & "Well, at least Cooley will get to touch the ball more" & " goodbye to a subpar rb tight end with terrible hands". Apparently he's a nice guy who keeps spirits high in the locker room but about 60% of those post bring up the fact that he can't catch sh*t. I don't mind signing him, we just WAY overpaid for a guy who has produced this little.