Royal in town today

Bills | Royal will visit team Saturday

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:14:28 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent TE Robert Royal (Redskins) will visit with the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, March 11.

I'm glad we got Royal in here, he'll solve our O-Line problems...not like any good O-Lineman are flying...off...the...shelves...

D'OH!

But hey, we'll have a great third string TE!

624523[/snapback]

No need for Vernon Davis either!!!

Im jacked up...wooo hooo    :lol:

Per KFFL

624519[/snapback]

Let's hope that Russ Brandon orders the ticket office open should we land 3rd string TE Robert Royal. I'm sure season tickets will go through the roof. Not that it's such a terrible thing that Marv and company see something in Royal that they like.........but THIS guy is our first day of Free Agency visit? Ugh!

All joking aside, at least we could all get behind the Matt Schobel free agent signing if it were to happen. At least he has good, solid hands and is a red zone threat...plus, with Aaron on the team that would be pretty cool. The only thing I know about Royal is that he has stone hands and is slow.

Robert Royal = worst hands ever

Seriously, he was a running joke around DC last season because he dropped so many passes. Gibbs even had them throw the easiest passes to regain his confidence and he still dropped 'em.

So much for Matt Schobel, we couldnt even get a family discount

Eagles | Team to sign Schobel

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:25:25 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports a source told the Enquirer free agent TE Matt Schobel (Bengals) will sign an undisclosed contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. Schobel played four seasons with the Bengals.

He'll be a replacement for Neufeld.  But his signing would basically end the speculation that the Bills will take Davis with the 8th overall pick.

624542[/snapback]

Not at all. We need a back-up TE. He is not going to cost any money. Neufeld stinks, but both Everett and Euhus are receiver type TEs, and we have no idea if Everett is going to be any good. Euhus has shown very little any time he has played. But regardless, you don't want two receiving TEs when you go into two-TE formations on short running downs. We needed a blocker whether we draft Davis or not. I'm not saying we're going to draft Vernon Davis, although I would like to see it myself. But signing Royal for peanuts in no way makes us look away from Davis.

Not at all. We need a back-up TE. He is not going to cost any money. Neufeld stinks, but both Everett and Euhus are receiver type TEs, and we have no idea if Everett is going to be any good. Euhus has shown very little any time he has played. But regardless, you don't want two receiving TEs when you go into two-TE formations on short running downs. We needed a blocker whether we draft Davis or not. I'm not saying we're going to draft Vernon Davis, although I would like to see it myself. But signing Royal for peanuts in no way makes us look away from Davis.

624558[/snapback]

I agree Euhus and Neufeld could not block my grandmother which explains half of our problems near the goalline last year. If he comes relatively cheap and can block, bring him on.

So much for Matt Schobel, we couldnt even get a family discount

Eagles | Team to sign Schobel

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:25:25 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports a source told the Enquirer free agent TE Matt Schobel (Bengals) will sign an undisclosed contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. Schobel played four seasons with the Bengals.

624552[/snapback]

He backed out on them.