Black. White.

Fezmid

Anyone watch this show on FX? Seems pretty interesting.

For those who don't know, they take a white family and a black family and, using make-up, they switch races experience life like that. It's pretty interesting, although the black father is rather annoying as he tries to prove that everything is racism... :)

Overall, seems like an interesting show.

CW

Anyone watch this show on FX?  Seems pretty interesting.

For those who don't know, they take a white family and a black family and, using make-up, they switch races experience life like that.  It's pretty interesting, although the black father is rather annoying as he tries to prove that everything is racism...  :)

CW

622906[/snapback]

TV has long, long since run out of ideas. Many moons ago there was a book called "Black Like Me". But anyway, I've seen the promos. No, I'm not going to watch. To say anything further than that will have Simon put me in the consumer forum.

TV has long, long since run out of ideas. Many moons ago there was a book called "Black Like Me". But anyway, I've seen the promos. No, I'm not going to watch. To say anything further than that will have Simon put me in the consumer forum.

622910[/snapback]

Yeah, I mentioned the book to my wife when they were saying, "This has never been done before!" Technically, they're right - it was just one person doing it before, and they weren't talking/living with a family of a different race. The book is also quite old, so readdressing it today is a worthy idea I think.

CW

Yeah, I caught most of it. It was kinda boring as they seemed to spend most of the show on set-up/intros but it looked like it might have some potential for some interesting moments. I liked the white daugther and the black father. The black mom was OK but a little bland and the rest of the folks struck me as dumber 'n' chickens.

I thought it had enough potential to check it out again next week.

Cya

To say anything further than that will have Simon put me in the consumer forum.

Et tu?

Before you bust out the whipping stick, you'd be well advised to check the reliability and veracity of your sources. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I mentioned the book to my wife when they were saying, "This has never been done before!" 

622913[/snapback]

Eddie Murphy did it as a joke too. So did Dave Chapelle. Whatever.

Am I the only one who thinks it just doesn't work? You can't use makeup to make a white person look like a black person. What they end up looking like is a white person painted up to look black. Same thing happens when you try to make a black person look white. It never works!

Also, there's no reason to watch this show since we already know the final episode will be filled with mundane interviews about how much everyone learned. "Wow, it was really different than what I thought it'd be." Yeah, amazing. :rolleyes:

P.S. Where does Michael Jackson fit into the whole "never been done before" thing?

Excellent B&W movie with James Whitmore if memory serves me! :rolleyes:

622910[/snapback]

It sure was...the free stuff at the store, the party on the bus. :rolleyes:

623285[/snapback]

Didn't they wait until the last black customer left the bank then they started giving money away to all the white people ? :doh:

Eddie Murphy in his prime was simply the best....

Almost, it was a black loan clerk that was going to deny him a loan.....

White Like Eddie

623374[/snapback]

Thank you - That jogged my noodle!

Loan Officer: Now, let me get this straight, Mr., ..uh.. Mr. White. You'd like to borrow $50,000 from our bank, but you have no collateral, you have no credit. You don't even have any I.D. Is that correct?

Eddie Murphy: That's right.

Loan Officer: Mr. White, I'm sorry. This is not a charity. This is a business..

White Loan Officer: Uh, Harry, why don't you, uh, take your break now? I'll take care of.. uh.. Mr. White.

Loan Officer: Well.. okay. Thanks, Bob. [ exits ]

White Loan Officer: [ laughs, then sits ] That was a close one, wasn't it?

Eddie Murphy: It certainly was.

White Loan Officer: We don't have to bother with these formalities, do we, Mr. White? Huh?

Eddie Murphy: What a silly Negro!

White Loan Officer: Just take what you want, Mr. White. Pay us back anytime. Or don't. We don't care.

Eddie Murphy: Tell me, do you know of any other banks like this in this area?

Anyone watch this show on FX?  Seems pretty interesting.

For those who don't know, they take a white family and a black family and, using make-up, they switch races experience life like that.  It's pretty interesting, although the black father is rather annoying as he tries to prove that everything is racism...  :rolleyes:

CW

622906[/snapback]

My wife was watching an Opera about that a few weeks ago. Everything that was crappy about his day was blamed on racism.

When I saw the promos for the show, the only thing I could think was that the white dad they tried to make look black ended up looking middle eastern. I thought they could have found a family that had more race nuetral features, instead of a dorky white guy with a pointy nose.

When I saw the promos for the show, the only thing I could think was that the white dad they tried to make look black ended up looking middle eastern.  I thought they could have found a family that had more race nuetral features, instead of a dorky white guy with a pointy nose.

624092[/snapback]

You're right, they guy looks like a terrorist. Maybe he could move over to 24! :blink: