Kirby Puckett passes on...

Buftex

That's why I hate hospitals.  Very few times does a trauma case make it.  Some do but very very few.

619603[/snapback]

That's very true...but it has less to do with the hospital and more to do with the fact that they're friggin' trauma cases. :blink:

Unless it's Cook County Hospital between 10 and 11 on a Thursday night. :D

I guess when someone younger passes  away from a stroke (especially in this steriod age) that kinda of thought enters your mind.  But did you ever see Kirby Puckett?  He wasn't exactly a phyiscal specimen.  He was a little round guy who got the most out of his abilities.  He was a great player who I believe had a very difficult upbringing.  It's so sad because he had a roung last couple of years.  First, he has to retire because he goes blind in one eye and then he gets falsely accused of sexual harassment.  I hope he is finally at peace.  :blink:

619665[/snapback]

It was said today that he was packing on the pounds in the last few years. One report I saw said he may have been >300 lbs.

I guess when someone younger passes  away from a stroke (especially in this steriod age) that kinda of thought enters your mind.  But did you ever see Kirby Puckett?  He wasn't exactly a phyiscal specimen.  He was a little round guy who got the most out of his abilities.  He was a great player who I believe had a very difficult upbringing.  It's so sad because he had a roung last couple of years.  First, he has to retire because he goes blind in one eye and then he gets falsely accused of sexual harassment.  I hope he is finally at peace.  :blink:

619665[/snapback]

falsely accused?..uhmmm..he had his faults..but God bless him

RIP Kirby. If only the players of today showed the amount of respect for the game KP showed, the game would be much better off. Kirby did it with that infectious smile where you felt like he was just a kid having fun.

No matter how his later days took their toll, he will always be remembered as a leader and ambassador of the great game of baseball. Thanks for all the memories.

It was said today that he was packing on the pounds in the last few years. One report I saw said he may have been >300 lbs.

619754[/snapback]

yeah it looks he has been the victim of an other issue (drugs use being the other) of our modern societies: Obesity.