Jamie Martin to be the 3rd QB in the mix?

ACor58

"Coach Dick Jauron and general manager Marv Levy have indicated they might also bring in another quarterback to compete with J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb. San Diego's Drew Brees is the top name available but the Bills' Web site has speculated on the Rams' Jamie Martin being a more likely candidate, given his ties to offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild, formerly of the Rams. "

Not who I was hoping for.

"Coach Dick Jauron and general manager Marv Levy have indicated they might also bring in another quarterback to compete with J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb. San Diego's Drew Brees is the top name available but the Bills' Web site has speculated on the Rams' Jamie Martin being a more likely candidate, given his ties to offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild, formerly of the Rams. "

617152[/snapback]

He HAS played a few good games and certainly has more of an upside than Matthews, or for that matter Holcomb.

617152[/snapback]

Funny, I didn't see this on BB.com. Maybe he means A Bills website. Perhaps one run by someone not on par with our esteemed leader whom I thank for not sending me to the scrap heap.

Funny, I didn't see this on BB.com.  Maybe he means A Bills website.  Perhaps one run by someone not on par with our esteemed leader whom I thank for not sending me to the scrap heap.

617161[/snapback]

It would have been great if the quote indicated a "source deep within the organization". :doh:

He HAS played a few good games and certainly has more of an upside than Matthews, or for that matter Holcomb.

617158[/snapback]

More upside than Holcomb? I am not saying that Holcomb has any upside, but Martin has been in the league for 11 yrs. He is a carbon copy of Holcomb.

More upside than Holcomb? I am not saying that Holcomb has any upside, but Martin has been in the league for 11 yrs. He is a carbon copy of Holcomb.

617171[/snapback]

My mistake. :doh: I had him confused with someone else; thanks for the correction.

I worked last night, and it is time for bed. :P

617152[/snapback]

Coach Dick Jauron and general manager Marvy Levy have indicated they might also bring in a celebrity stripper to thrill and motivate J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb. Angelina Jolie is the top name available but the Bills' Web site has speculated on Roseanne Barr being a more likely candidate, given that offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild used to spend Friday nights watching Roseanne re-runs on TBS.

Funny, I didn't see this on BB.com.  Maybe he means A Bills website.  Perhaps one run by someone not on par with our esteemed leader whom I thank for not sending me to the scrap heap.

617161[/snapback]

I saw it. It was a Chris Brown article specualting on all of the available free agents on offense and he listed about three for each position. He often gives his opinion which has zero to do with the organization and is pure speculation. I really would doubt they bring in Martin. They will draft a project or sign one of their Europe guys or get a FA QB who is young and has some potential down the line.

I would love to have Brees here. Out of all the NFL qb's out there he's one that I would want. Out of all of the almost available ones he's the only one I would want. If the Bills wanted to bring him in bad enough they could.

Coach Dick Jauron and general manager Marvy Levy have indicated they might also bring in a celebrity stripper to thrill and motivate J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb.  Angelina Jolie is the top name available but the Bills' Web site has speculated on Roseanne Barr being a more likely candidate, given that offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild used to spend Friday nights watching Roseanne re-runs on TBS.

617190[/snapback]

You sure you're not Soprano3695? :)

I would love to have Brees here.  Out of all the NFL qb's out there he's one that I would want.  Out of all of the almost available ones he's the only one I would want.  If the Bills wanted to bring him in bad enough they could.

617418[/snapback]

You know I agree, I don't understand all this puss-footing. Give him an incentive laden contract. Keep JP as backup or Holcomb. Unless they outperform Brees. I haven't given up on JP, but if you're on the win now bandwagon, this is probably the way to go,

If Brees comes back to where he was before the injury, we're set for the next 3-5 years at least. Then we trade Losman next year and wish him the best.

Just my 2 cents,

Charles

You know I agree,  I don't understand all this puss-footing.  Give him an incentive laden contract.  Keep JP as backup or Holcomb.  Unless they outperform Brees. I haven't given up on JP, but if you're on the win now bandwagon, this is probably the way to go,

If Brees comes back to where he was before the injury, we're set for the next 3-5 years at least. Then we trade Losman next year and wish him the best.

Just my 2 cents,

Charles

617432[/snapback]

Another thing..

The price tag on Brees isn't going to be as steep as it was prior to his injury. I pray he stays far far away from Miami.

You know I agree,  I don't understand all this puss-footing.  Give him an incentive laden contract.  Keep JP as backup or Holcomb.  Unless they outperform Brees. I haven't given up on JP, but if you're on the win now bandwagon, this is probably the way to go,

Just my 2 cents,

Charles

617432[/snapback]

If he's the best available QB, why would he accept an "incentive laden contract"? If he's truly the best available QB, don't you think there will be a line to sign him? Don't you think some team will offer him real $$ and not just possible dollars?

If he's the best available QB, why would he accept an "incentive laden contract"?  If he's truly the best available QB, don't you think there will be a line to sign him?  Don't you think some team will offer him real $$ and not just possible dollars?

617469[/snapback]

I doubt he'll get a real dollar figure even close to what he would have commanded before his injury. I mean I'd still give him a healthy signing bonus and that way you can pro-rate his charge over the contract.

Maybe someone will offer him a crazy contract - but that's exactly what it would be - "crazy!" Not only does he have a shoulder tear, he has a rotator cuff tear. Now, in this era of being able to repair torn ACLs that might not be much, but it still is a sizeable risk.